Any advice on products required?

I'm after a 32" 1080p TV I want it hooking up to 500gb of storage to view films, I want to be able to view and record HD freeview and I would like wifi for data transfer, is this possible for less than £500, I already have a 500gb external HDD

Comments

• Chris FrostChris Frost Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have thought that to record HD Freeview you'll need a standalone recorder. That's going to wipe out almost half your budget straight away. I also read somewhee that there's a shortage of the DVB-T2 decoder chips, so there's no PC cards because all the HD tuner chips are going in to Freeview HD receivers.

A cheap 1080p 32 TV will gobble up £300 of your budget, but I wouldn't expect the entry level branded models to support media streaming from a USB socket, let alone a wireless connection.

Maybe if you sacrificed HD recording (there's only 3 channels anyway, and ITV HD don't broadcast in full resolution all the time), chucked more money at the TV then something might be possible, but I think it would be a bit of a stretch for £500