Rihanna @ Twickenham: Late and cuts 6 SONGS from her set list...

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    Just reading that Rihanna didn't come on stage till 10.30 at her Birmingham show.

EDIT: looks like the Daily Mail exaggerated a bit and she wasn't quite that late.

She came on at 9:25 last night. Still late.

The support act, the truly dreadful GTA, didn't finish until just after 9 though. Even though they were scheduled to finish at 8.
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    caroil wrote: »
    On Saturday he came on at 7.20 and finished at 10.30 and that is the normal length of one of his shows.

By the time he'd finished Thunder Road it was nearer 10.35 when he left the stage. I was at the Wembley show back in 1988 (one week from today it'll be 25 years in fact) when he came on at 6.10, played till 7.40, took a half hour break, came back at 8.10 and played through till 10.30.
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    By the time he'd finished Thunder Road it was nearer 10.35 when he left the stage. I was at the Wembley show back in 1988 (one week from today it'll be 25 years in fact) when he came on at 6.10, played till 7.40, took a half hour break, came back at 8.10 and played through till 10.30.

Come on now you are comparing a real artist with a plastic one Rhianna is no Bruce Springsteen,more like a couple of good songs with a brolley but well in tune with todays "music lovers" sadly.
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RaiseItUp wrote: »

The support act, the truly dreadful GTA, didn't finish until just after 9 though. Even though they were scheduled to finish at 8.

The question is why would anyone pay for such shoddy timing Rihannas fans are mugs of the largest kind to be shi--ed on and still pay their cash up front for more.:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RayofLight wrote: »
    She doesn't mime any of her concert, she just sings all of her choruses over the album version, all the verses are raw live.

See here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPWi6aavbs4

No lip synching there.

yh right...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eydBLEC17QQ
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RaiseItUp wrote: »

Yup, I was there, GTA were awful and went on way too long then people wanted.
    Then she came on about 10 mins after they left, not much waiting compared to last time of over an hour.
    The performance was great, gave it her all and seemed to enjoy it and interacted with the crowd more than last time, hate how the papers make up some s**t just for 'news'
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trouble at the Sunderland show last night, nine people arrested, reports of fighting, people complaining about the organisation and scurity.
  • wef0undl0vewef0undl0ve Posts: 6,460
    Forum Member
    So gutted I didn't get to see her this year :( but I remember going to the loud tour 2 years ago she is very entertaining i'll say that :D
  • JT EffectJT Effect Posts: 5,177
    Forum Member
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    Trouble at the Sunderland show last night, nine people arrested, reports of fighting, people complaining about the organisation and scurity.

I was there - it was my first stadium gig and I'm not sure I'd go to one again :(

There was drink on offer everywhere you looked, both outside the venue, inside where the toilets were, and even on the pitch itself. There seemed to be far too many people in for the size of the area, and there were a LOT of shit-faced people about by the time Rihanna came on.

There was a horrible atmosphere of something threatening to kick off at any minute, and people were lobbing plastic glasses filled with god knows what around (luckily none hit us) She even said to the crowd at one point 'Don't throw any of that shit over here or we be going home early!'

She was amazing, but my stress levels were through the roof before she came on. Luckily we managed to fight our way to some non-reserved seats just before she came onstage. The view of her wasn't great but at least we were away from the masses of drunks on the pitch and could see the screens ok.