The Saturday's New Single What About Us ft Sean Paul

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dory353 wrote: »
    I would only be too happy to be pleased wrong but look at Nicole Scherzinger last week. Two days at #1 on I-Tunes and she has ended up at #6

Nicole was never #1 on iTunes. She was #2 combined with multiple versions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I honestly think they will debut at #2 behind Justin Timberlake. Yes he is #3 on iTunes but the new album is released tomorrow and different versions of the song are expected to climb are iTunes and One Direction are likely to drop.

Plus i find it hilarious how much they ask, beg and plead for a #1 and it clearly isn't doing anything for them.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Yeah but they never spent this long at #1 (I think) + their EP is still at #1 and one remix is also charting around 150

I'm not saying it certainly is but it looks like they're heading for #1

There's a fairly good chance of them getting that elusive No 1. It's about time they got one. I'd rather The Saturdays had a No 1 than One Direction, who could probably release a single of themselves farting into the microphones and still get No 1 :yawn::eek:
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a fairly good chance of them getting that elusive No 1. It's about time they got one. I'd rather The Saturdays had a No 1 than One Direction, who could probably release a single of themselves farting into the microphones and still get No 1 :yawn::eek:

It would certainly be a breath of fresh air if the Saturdays get to no 1 instead!:D
    Forum Member
    It would certainly be a breath of fresh air if the Saturdays get to no 1 instead!:D

Indeed :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    47% ahead of One Direction, 50% ahead of Justin Timberlake and STILL gaining. :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It makes up for their us label messing it up!
  • matty_andersonmatty_anderson Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not really into buying singles but I always buy albums of artists I like - but I made an exception and purchased What About Us. I love the girls and really would love to see them get that perfect number 1 they've always wanted.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's ironic is that this song is easily their worst single, and yet so far looks to gain more success than a lot of their past releases!

I've just realised that the Timberlake album is out this week, which means they probably won't keep that number 1 spot on the album charts for much longer tbh.
  • JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    What's ironic is that this song is easily their worst single, and yet so far looks to gain more success than a lot of their past releases!

I've just realised that the Timberlake album is out this week, which means they probably won't keep that number 1 spot on the album charts for much longer tbh.

completely disagree.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JayPee86 wrote: »
    completely disagree.

What do you think is their worst? Not saying this song is bad, it's been my jam for a few weeks now, but in relation to their other songs I can't think of any song that is worse than this, maybe Forever is Over? But that song wasn't bad, it just didn't really suit them is all.
  • iamstrongiamstrong Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What do you think is their worst? Not saying this song is bad, it's been my jam for a few weeks now, but in relation to their other songs I can't think of any song that is worse than this, maybe Forever is Over? But that song wasn't bad, it just didn't really suit them is all.
    I didn't like 30 Days.
    Forum Member

I think their cover of Just Can't Get Enough was probably the worst.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Completely agree. I've loved every single they've released before but just can't get into this one.
  • garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    With a name like yours garyessex i cant take what you say serious.

They deserve a number one they do work there butts off

and there fans dont need to shut up. you need too

Wow, exactly the level of intelligence i expect, can't take a criticism so make personal remarks.

How exactly do they work their butts off? Most of their tracks are just standard dance tracks written by some nameless face their only contribution is singing. Their first couple of albums were quite good but it just seems now they're pandering to what they think is good rather than the music they actually enjoy making
  • SpencerLeveySpencerLevey Posts: 1,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What an awful performance on Daybreak. Rochelle looked awkward trying to dance and the lip synching.
  • avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What an awful performance on Daybreak. Rochelle looked awkward trying to dance and the lip synching.

She's 7 months pregnant giver her break! At least she's doing it and the performance was good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They didn't lip sing, and im completely confused.

So the verses (apart from Mollie and Frankie) were live, and the chorus had a very very loud backing.

It was mixed awfully, you could tell by Vanessa and Una doing the oooooooo's at the end.

Confused.
    Wish they'd just do it acoustic like on the Jeff Probst show, that was amazing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HandsClean wrote: »
    I honestly think they will debut at #2 behind Justin Timberlake. Yes he is #3 on iTunes but the new album is released tomorrow and different versions of the song are expected to climb are iTunes and One Direction are likely to drop.

Plus i find it hilarious how much they ask, beg and plead for a #1 and it clearly isn't doing anything for them.

It isn't so much pleading, they've gone through that stage with the whole 'Missing You' era and learnt from it.

They're just really keen! Can you blame them!? 11 Top 10 singles, and no no.1? I know it doesn't count for much these days, but they've had just about every other number, and it's just the final cherry on top I suppose.

It's one of those things which they can tell the kids about etcetc. Plus it may also mean they get a Brit nomination? ;) Doubt it, but most no.1's do ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think their cover of Just Can't Get Enough was probably the worst.

Oh, I'd almost forgotten about that one lol.
  • matty_andersonmatty_anderson Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do love the girls but their Daybreak perfomance was pretty bad and the miming in parts was very noticable, Shame really as they could have done so much better.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the Daybreak performance, Frankie and Mollie mimed very well, if it wasn't for me knowing what their real live voices sound like then I wouldn't have known, I'm betting they fooled a lot of the general public.
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having just heard this song, I really hope it doesn't get to No.1. It's absolute dreck - generic, paint-by-numbers rubbish. Plus, Sean Paul is in it, making it at least 50% worse than it already would have been. Hopefully JT's album can give Mirror a boost or something.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their worst single was easily the terrible "Heart Takes Over"
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    Their worst single was easily the terrible "Heart Takes Over"

I'm not sure that The Saturdays have released a good single actually. I struggle to think of one.