Options

Is Galaxy S4 still even better than the I6?

fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,500
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is Galaxy S4 still even better than the I6?
From looking here is seems so
http://www.versusos.com/apple-iphone-6-plus-vs-samsung-galaxy-s4-comparison/
I have no plans to change mine yet.
Edit Seems I have linked to the I6+ which maybe is more like the Note.
The S4 seems to have better CPU?

Comments

• Options
    Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    The answer, as always, is it depends on what you use it for.

I can't use Android, so for my uses anything Android is useless, which by definition makes the Samsung useless for MY purposes.
  • Options
    BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    The S4 seems to have better CPU?
    On what dubious basis have you worked this out!
  • Options
    roadshow2006roadshow2006 Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm considering going from an S4 to iPhone 6+. I've had no end of problems with my S4 recently including batteries going flat considerably quickly with minimum usage. I get the feeling I'd get a superior product with the iPhone but is this just a psychological thing?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm considering going from an S4 to iPhone 6+. I've had no end of problems with my S4 recently including batteries going flat considerably quickly with minimum usage. I get the feeling I'd get a superior product with the iPhone but is this just a psychological thing?
    That was my experience!
  • Options
    roadshow2006roadshow2006 Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also found iPhone users take better photographs on their phone than my S4 which has more megapixels. Again just psychological?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Also found iPhone users take better photographs on their phone than my S4 which has more megapixels. Again just psychological?!
    No! The iPhone camera is well known for being extremely good. I often use mine when I don't have my 14Mpixel compact with me.
  • Options
    swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    OP you could even get the s5 for less than the i6 which is far superior.
  • Options
    ASIFZEDASIFZED Posts: 1,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    S4 specs are incorrect in that piece. No FM radio on board.
  • Options
    clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BKM wrote: »
    No! The iPhone camera is well known for being extremely good. I often use mine when I don't have my 14Mpixel compact with me.

Hahahahaha. Sorry, but no - it isn't. It is known for being okay at best. Catch yourself at night without your compact and you'll get a picture of nothing. In low light if you have someone moving rapidly you'd just get a blur (it doesn't have a real flash, just a camera light).

The iPhone, regardless of version, is generally a pretty good all round device. Same goes for the various Samsungs, Sony, HTC, etc. At the end of the day the choice is down to personal preference. One platform isn't inherently "better" than the other.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    clonmult wrote: »
    Hahahahaha. Sorry, but no - it isn't.
    I disagree! Or rather - it does have all the problems inherent in a phone camera - but it can produce excellent photos in good light.

Other phones (some with - on paper - higher pixel cameras!) don't do as well.
  • Options
    Ultraman1966Ultraman1966 Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    The new iPhone is a solid product, there's no denying that.
    As we've digressed, the iPhone 5S camera isn't generally superior to other flagships.
    http://www.gsmarena.com/camera_shootout-review-1104p8.php
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I disagree! Or rather - it does have all the problems inherent in a phone camera - but it can produce excellent photos in good light.

Other phones (some with - on paper - higher pixel cameras!) don't do as well.

The S5 on good lighting takes better pictures than the iPhone 5S. In poor lighting they are both Sub par but in good lighting the S5 wins.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The S5 on good lighting takes better pictures than the iPhone 5S. In poor lighting they are both Sub par but in good lighting the S5 wins.
    If you say so! Not my experience.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you say so! Not my experience.

Well even most of the reviews would disagree with you but we are all entitled to our own opinions and our own opinions are all that matter at the end of the day.
  • Options
    wavejockglwwavejockglw Posts: 10,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    By a mile in terms of display, memory, processor etc.

Apple 6 buyers are being handed a handset with a 2 year old spec and they will be paying far more than what a 2014 handset costs. They get an Apple logo though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    By a mile in terms of display, memory, processor etc.

Apple 6 buyers are being handed a handset with a 2 year old spec and they will be paying far more than what a 2014 handset costs. They get an Apple logo though!

The processor will probably be optimised for the iPhone 6 so it will probably run well and will be smooth. However iPhones don't really do much. You can't do true multitasking on them. Everything else will be better on the S4. Regardless of the CPU, the S4 is the better all round device in terms of features.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well even most of the reviews would disagree with you but we are all entitled to our own opinions and our own opinions are all that matter at the end of the day.
    Reading some reviews from the 5/5S does indicate that, while both are very good cameras, the S4 has a slight edge. People I have been with do seem to have taken longer to get to a quick photo with them - but that might be them.

Apple do claim to have made significant changes to the iPhone 6 camera and no one yet knows how they will now compare!