Options

Will we see hundreds of other TARDISes on the Galifrey episode?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So you're saying The Doctor was lying.

Rule 1 applies
  • Options
    nate1970nate1970 Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because in The Impossible Planet The Doctor said they were grown not built so it would pretty cool to see them being grown.

I guess things can be grown without being organic (e.g. crystals). I really hope we never find out too much about the TARDIS, some things should just remain mysterious.
  • Options
    JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    So if the Doctor has arrived on Gallifrey, where is his Tardis? :confused: Surely that would be there. He could get one of the other Time Lords to repair the chameleon circuit, so that the ship blends with it's surroundings.

On another note, it looks as though Steven Moffatt has 'rebooted' Gallifey and undone everything that happened during the Time War so it didn't happen in the first place.

If that's the case, then the events of the book 'Engines of War' and some of what happened in the TV story 'Day of the Doctor' have been erased.
    Wouldn't that also mean that the Doctor should revert back to Tennant? The 8 to War (8 died because a girl refused to join him, causing him to not get back to the TARDIS in time before a spaceship crashed), War to 9 (War died of old age after fighting in the Time War) and 10 to 11 (the Simm Master's entire storyline is tied to the Time War - The End of Time wouldn't have happened, so Wilf would never have been in the radiation chamber) regenerations wouldn't have happened, if the Time War was retgone. The only regenerations that would still have happened since the Time War are 9 to 10 (which would now be 8 to War), Metacrisis (which would now be the War Doctor, who would've completed the regeneration to 9), and 11 to 12 (which would now be 9 to 10).
  • Options
    doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,339
    Forum Member
    I think he leaves that old TARDIS on earth as a memorial to Clara and nicks a new one from Galifrey.
    That would really ruffle some feathers. As the sentimental sort myself, I wouldn't want to see him abandon HIS TARDIS in favour of another. She has been his constant companion all these years after all.
  • Options
    stocklenstocklen Posts: 4,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That would really ruffle some feathers. As the sentimental sort myself, I wouldn't want to see him abandon HIS TARDIS in favour of another. She has been his constant companion all these years after all.

True....
    But Ive had this thought myself... and I have a sneaking suspicion that there might be some truth in it.

OK so we have seen pictures from the husbands of river song that show the 'current' control room (obviously the BBC Budget won't stretch to building yet another set) - but easily explained that he just chose the same 'theme' for his new TARDIS.

We've seen him in an 'original type 40 console room' so maybe he's stealing another old relic.

I did wonder when I saw the painted shrine tardis how they would recover it from that and paint over in blue again - would the Doctor even want to do that.

Come to think of it... can anyone even see that mural... I though the TARDIS was supposed to have a perception filter to that people wouldn't really see it.....
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stocklen wrote: »
    True....
    But Ive had this thought myself... and I have a sneaking suspicion that there might be some truth in it.

OK so we have seen pictures from the husbands of river song that show the 'current' control room (obviously the BBC Budget won't stretch to building yet another set) - but easily explained that he just chose the same 'theme' for his new TARDIS.

We've seen him in an 'original type 40 console room' so maybe he's stealing another old relic.

I did wonder when I saw the painted shrine tardis how they would recover it from that and paint over in blue again - would the Doctor even want to do that.

Come to think of it... can anyone even see that mural... I though the TARDIS was supposed to have a perception filter to that people wouldn't really see it.....

The Doctor's in a different outfit and has his Guitar at some point in the episode.

So unless there's a shop on Gallifrey that stocks Earth Clothes (possible) and Earth Musical Instruments (less likely) then it's seems likely that the Doctor will travel back to Earth at some point (probably in a stolen TARDIS) and go back to his TARDIS.

Of course it could still be possible that he does decide to leave his TARDIS there as a Shrine to Clara.

Hopefully not though.

If he does (hopefully) carry on travelling in old Sexy then it might be a nice touch to leave the Painting as it is but for it to fade away over the next few episodes due to repeated exposure to the Time Vortex.
  • Options
    Isambard BrunelIsambard Brunel Posts: 6,598
    Forum Member
    The 'next time' trailer includes a shot of the Doctor's current Tardis doors from the inside, open with a ghostly figure in bright light floating into it.

So it must be recovered at some point. Perhaps he steals a Tardis to materialise inside his own Tardis so he can bring them both back to Gallifrey because he has important items he needs to fight the Timelords inside his own.
  • Options
    bigaltbigalt Posts: 1,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JAS84 wrote: »
    Wouldn't that also mean that the Doctor should revert back to Tennant? The 8 to War (8 died because a girl refused to join him, causing him to not get back to the TARDIS in time before a spaceship crashed), War to 9 (War died of old age after fighting in the Time War) and 10 to 11 (the Simm Master's entire storyline is tied to the Time War - The End of Time wouldn't have happened, so Wilf would never have been in the radiation chamber) regenerations wouldn't have happened, if the Time War was retgone. The only regenerations that would still have happened since the Time War are 9 to 10 (which would now be 8 to War), Metacrisis (which would now be the War Doctor, who would've completed the regeneration to 9), and 11 to 12 (which would now be 9 to 10).

Pardon ☺
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Considering the relationship that was established in TDW, I doubt that a new Tardis will be used permanently.
  • Options
    John259John259 Posts: 28,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps he nips down to the Gallifrey equivalent of Maplins, buys a remote control, presses a button and his TARDIS appears.
  • Options
    Brandon_SmithBrandon_Smith Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wait, can The Time Lords use a transmat system to bring the TARDIS to them through time and space?
  • Options
    be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    The Doctor's in a different outfit and has his Guitar at some point in the episode.

So unless there's a shop on Gallifrey that stocks Earth Clothes (possible) and Earth Musical Instruments (less likely) then it's seems likely that the Doctor will travel back to Earth at some point (probably in a stolen TARDIS) and go back to his TARDIS.

Of course it could still be possible that he does decide to leave his TARDIS there as a Shrine to Clara.

Hopefully not though.

If he does (hopefully) carry on travelling in old Sexy then it might be a nice touch to leave the Painting as it is but for it to fade away over the next few episodes due to repeated exposure to the Time Vortex.
    There appears to be an entire section of the episode with a 21st century pick-up truck in the American desert, a 20th century American diner and a 19th century American frontier community. DWM has already done a cover pic of Clara as a waitress in the diner. Possibly a dream sequence?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon that the Doctor will take a new Tardis from Gallifrey which will land at lake Silencio disguised as a small wooden shack.
  • Options
    wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it. It makes much more sense as to why the TARDIS has a soul to say that it has been organically grown than to wonder how someone could build something with a built in soul (answer:they couldn't)
    Says who?
  • Options
    wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, the TARDIS having a 'soul' is in itself a similarly naff idea made bearable by Neil Gaiman's The Doctor's Wife.
  • Options
    cuccircuccir Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    Is Riggsy in this epsiode? Given that he currently has the Tardis it would be slightly odd for him to not be....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, ok! If Time Lords only built TARDISes than how did they build it so its alive special bolts?

Also can a TARDIS automatically fly itself if its summoned back home or?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cuccir wrote: »
    Is Riggsy in this epsiode? Given that he currently has the Tardis it would be slightly odd for him to not be....

Why does he 'have the tardis'?
    Rigsy doesnt have a key so can't get inside.
    Of course you could argue, what is supposedly 'canon' about the TARDS having a perception filter so nobody notices it.... how did he see it to be able to graffiti it.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    stocklen wrote: »
    Why does he 'have the tardis'?
    Rigsy doesnt have a key so can't get inside.
    Of course you could argue, what is supposedly 'canon' about the TARDS having a perception filter so nobody notices it.... how did he see it to be able to graffiti it.

It doesn't work on people who know about it.

That is also why UNIT can see/find it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't work on people who know about it.

That is also why UNIT can see/find it.

Yeah a perception filter dosen't make something invisible it just makes it so your not prone to looking at the said thing and don't notice it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah a perception filter dosen't make something invisible it just makes it so your not prone to looking at the said thing and don't notice it.

My mistake....

Sometimes I forget we are all watching a Documentary :p:)
  • Options
    supermeguksupermeguk Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aren't there white roundels in one trailer?