JCRJCR Posts: 24,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    BatmannequinBatmannequin Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    Some very interesting speculation on GB regarding that poster:
    http://gallifreybase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145369

Any chance of a summary? I've not got a GB account.
  • Options
    steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any chance of a summary? I've not got a GB account.
    Rory has died lots of times and returned -- what if Amy dies, REALLY dies, at the hands of the Daleks?

What if the Doctor goes back in time where she is still alive -- not to change the past, but to have one last time with his friend Amy without telling her what will happen (a bit like the whole "River" plot line). Then we come to the Angels -- when Rory is sent back in time Amy rushes after her and as much as the Doctor shouts "no, Amy!" he realizes it is a way to change her destiny -- she will avoid being killed by the Daleks. A different time stream a different result for Amy and the only way to save her life.

Total imagination but it might work!

There you go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fennius said
    Unlikely, the Doctor's not the sort to undo a death. Otherwise bad things happen.

I suspect its mroe of a season poster, we know somehting bad happens in Ep 5 with the weaping angels. That and all the Daleks appearing are the most publicised things about the series, so thats what they stuck in the poster.

Boredomino says
    I think I love this!

To clarify for myself:
    1. Amy dies in episode 1.
    2. The Doctor picks up past-Amy (post-TDTWATW, pre-Asylum) and Rory for adventures before she dies.
    3. Rory gets time-zapped in episode 5.
    4. Amy gets time-zapped - the Doctor lets it happen, to change Amy's future so she dies happily of old age with Rory, rather than young because of the Daleks.

It's the kind of thing Moffat would do, to be fair - the Doctor doesn't normally change people's destinies, but I can imagine that, in the heat of the moment, faced with a split-second decision of saving Amy from an Angel or letting it touch her, he might let it happen.

(And heck, Moffat could always include "changing Amy's future made bad stuff happen" in the second half of the series)
  • Options
    BatmannequinBatmannequin Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    Thank you for posting - I love that idea!
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Movie poster for AOTD is wonderful.

Series 7 looks wonderful from that trailer alone.

Why can't it be on our screens now?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    New filming pic of Eleven and Clara from The Crimson Horror ...

https://p.twimg.com/AzSWtYLCIAAdq1f.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aaaaaah this trailer is epic i cannot wait! So fantastic to see them back in action...my Team TARDIS :cool:

My gosh this is gonna be something huge! Brilliant trailer, poster ah! cannot wait to have it back!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Master was mentioned in the trailer.

Could we actually see him in Series 7 now?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    More filming/info on The Crimson Horror here ...

https://twitter.com/ryanfarrr
  • Options
    davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    Is there a black NPD Dalek in the promo image, top right? It could be the lighting, but it looks so cool
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Movie poster for AOTD is wonderful.

Series 7 looks wonderful from that trailer alone.

Why can't it be on our screens now?

Probably because of the damn Olympics!

Only 3 weeks to wait that is if its starts on August 25th which it probably will.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Readthrough for the christmas episode today
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some very interesting speculation on GB regarding that poster:
    http://gallifreybase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145369

That's interesting, but I don't think it's right - watch the bit on the trailer where the Doctor has Amy in his arms - he doesn't look at all upset, and he clearly would be if Amy had actually died. He doesn't even look that angry..
  • Options
    DICKENS99DICKENS99 Posts: 2,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's interesting, but I don't think it's right - watch the bit on the trailer where the Doctor has Amy in his arms - he doesn't look at all upset, and he clearly would be if Amy had actually died. He doesn't even look that angry..

And Rory has some serious priority issues if she is dead as he only asks about the Daleks.....unless married life hasn't been going too well for them.
  • Options
    sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Is there a black NPD Dalek in the promo image, top right? It could be the lighting, but it looks so cool

The shine on the lip part below the lights on the top of the Dalek's casing's 'head' (I hope you know where I mean, I can't think of another way to describe it...) shows it is blue (Strategist Dalek).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New filming pic of Eleven and Clara from The Crimson Horror ...

https://p.twimg.com/AzSWtYLCIAAdq1f.jpg

They changed the Doctors costume again?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Master was mentioned in the trailer.

Could we actually see him in Series 7 now?

Actually no they said Masters not Master.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steven1977 wrote: »
    They changed the Doctors costume again?

Not necessarily - they could just both be in costume.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I checked it again - it's the Master's, the Daleks, his victims, so he was actually referring to the Master.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    DICKENS99 wrote: »
    And Rory has some serious priority issues if she is dead as he only asks about the Daleks.....unless married life hasn't been going too well for them.
    We've seen photos of Rory and Amy from (probably) Ep 1 where they're arguing and Rory's is carrying divorce papers, which isn't the best ad for married life!

Even if Rory hated her, however, I doubt he'd see her lying apparently lifeless in the Doctor's arms for the first time with no acknowledgement! He's a nurse for a start - he'd want to help, surely, no matter what. Either that, or there's been a character change too far...

What's more likely is that Amy was already incapacitated somehow. Perhaps the scene talking to the Daleks was some sort of flashback, or there's some nifty editing going on and we're not seeing things in the right order. I'd certainly hope there's more to things then we're seeing'
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DICKENS99 wrote: »

Well it hasn't, that much we do know, but I still think even in that situation he'd care more about Amy being dead than that. I think it's a bit far-fetched to extrapolate her death from one picture, never mind that the trailer doesn't match the theory...
  • Options
    Forum Member

You said this on Gallifrey Base too. Wrong both times.
This discussion has been closed.