Ice Cream

johnnybgoode83johnnybgoode83 Posts: 8,908
Forum Member
With all this talk about heat and the fact that it is ice cream weather I thought I would ask what is your favourite flavour and where you got the best ice cream you have ever tasted.

For me, it's hard to beat good old fashioned vanilla flavour although I am also quite partial to strawberry ice cream.

The best ice cream I have ever had was in Morelli's in Portstewart. It's so good they have won awards for their ice cream.

Comments

• crazychris12crazychris12 Posts: 26,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer sorbet as it's more refreshing. Have a tub of raspberry and one of lemon in the freezer from when they were BOGOF in Tesco.

I do like coffee ice-cream. Also Hagen Daaz strawberry cheesecake. Hate chocolate ice-cream.
  • johnnybgoode83johnnybgoode83 Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    I love ice cream and sorbet :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love ice cream and sorbet :p

Together or separate?
  • fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    I love Haagan Daaz Cookies & Cream, and Ben & Jerry’s The Vermonster :D
  • 15Million℃15Million℃ Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got an ice-cream making machine and I can honestly say the stuff I have made was better than most shop bought stuff. That was on my first couple of goes. Strawberry and a choc one I made.
    Forum Member
    Together or separate?

Together? :eek::eek:
    Just got an ice-cream making machine and I can honestly say the stuff I have made was better than most shop bought stuff. That was on my first couple of goes. Strawberry and a choc one I made.

You just have never experienced Morelli's. Best.Ice cream.Ever.
  • user123456789user123456789 Posts: 16,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My fav is orange, yummy, yummy in my tummy :D
  • MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ben and Jerry's 'Caramel Chew Chew" is just too nice. I could go through tubs and tubs of it left to my own devices! :o

I also tried Champagne sorbet at a Christmas do the other year and that was gorgeous! There wasn't enough of it though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a 500ml tub of Tesco Finest mince pie ice cream in the freezer. Was reduced from £3.49 to 49p in March! Hope it's okay.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anniebrion wrote: »
    My fav is orange, yummy, yummy in my tummy :D

Where do you buy orange ice-cream? You don't often see it.
  • 15Million℃15Million℃ Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You just have never experienced Morelli's. Best.Ice cream.Ever.

yeah probably, but I was referring to the stuff I had bought. I'll give that brand a go.
    Forum Member
    yeah probably, but I was referring to the stuff I had bought. I'll give that brand a go.

You will have to visit Portstewart to have it :p They have been making it for years with good Irish milk (that's the secret to good ice cream ;)). They will do amazing trade with the Irish Open being in Portrush.
  • StarDeltaStarDelta Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    Notarianni Ice Cream

9-11 Waterloo Road

Blackpool
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lime ice cream.
  • MoonyMoony Posts: 15,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked Cart D'Or morello cherry flavour - haven't seen it for ages though./
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lime ice cream.

Never seen that either. Where did you get that?
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Ben and Jerrys, got a tub of apple pie flavour ice cream in the freezer, might actually go get it!
    Forum Member
    I love Ben and Jerrys, got a tub of apple pie flavour ice cream in the freezer, might actually go get it!

I am quite partial to Ben & Jerry's cookie dough ice cream :D
  • TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    Green tea is my favourite flavour but you rarely see it here.

moveinpick (SP) do some good ones, the coffee is nice.

Due to Mrs. Bleads collesterol, we have to have this weird non-dairy, non fat stuff from Sweden in the house. It's cold but that's where the comparison with ice-cream ends.
  • radioanorakradioanorak Posts: 4,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A new ice cream parlour called Ice Cream Mania has just opened in Bar Street in Faliraki Rhodes
    They boast of 180 recipes
    Its going to take me a while to try them all
    Favourites so far are lemon,choc chip & cherry
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Almost any ice cream - I don't have it often, but I've yet to find a flavour I didn't like. Chocolate would be my last choice, but mint-choc-chip is nice :)

I like to freeze yoghurt - those Onken yoghurts are great - and after a couple of days, they're gorgeous to eat. Last longer than ice cream too :) Fruity flavours are best - strawberry/blueberry/rhubarb - yum!
  • user123456789user123456789 Posts: 16,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where do you buy orange ice-cream? You don't often see it.

I used to have it a lot in the USA/Canada (I spent the summer school hols there a couple of times :)) but you're right, you don't see it much over here :(
  • Tom MillerTom Miller Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Green tea is my favourite flavour but you rarely see it here.
    I tried some green tea gelato but didn't like it much. It tasted fishy, oddly.

The most interesting ice cream I've tried was roast marshmallow from a place called Greg's in Toronto.

My favourite is probably just a classic clotted cream vanilla.
  • TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    Tom Miller wrote: »
    I tried some green tea gelato but didn't like it much. It tasted fishy, oddly.

The most interesting ice cream I've tried was roast marshmallow from a place called Greg's in Toronto.

My favourite is probably just a classic clotted cream vanilla.

I've never got fish, though it is something of an aquired taste.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I LOVE ice cream. There are very few ice creams I dislike, but my least fav is chocolate.

My favourites are mint choc chip, vanilla, strawberry and I also love lemon sorbet.