sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Dec and his girlfriend split

http://bit.ly/ewW968

Comments

• ALPERTON94ALPERTON94 Posts: 418
    Forum Member
    awww! i really like dec..hope it was amicable!
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ALPERTON94 wrote: »
    awww! i really like dec..hope it was amicable!

Yes, l like Dec too, (and Ant). :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No more "Georgie's boyfriend AntnDec" jokes on A League Of Their Own :cry:

It's sad, but at least it doesn't seem to have been a bad break up :)
  • CRMCRM Posts: 11,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can't have a bad break up for a relationship that never was.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    They look like they make a great couple.

Love Ant and Dec, they really just make me giggle. Amazing how they both seem so upbeat all the time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    Twas only ever a relationship of convenience - suited them both, for their own ends.
    She certainly raised her public proflie because of it.
    Knew six months ago that whatever they 'had' was well & truly over.
    Hope for his sake that's it amicable as I rather think Miss Thompson could be a whole lot of trouble otherwise - she always talked babies he, only last week, said he had 'no time' to get married; just one of his many dismissals on the subject.
    Most women would find being constantly & publically 'put down' humiliating, surely?
    Georgie was happy to go along with it though - wonder why?!
    Nowt to do with her blossoming career I don't suppose?!
    Hope they both find happiness elsewhere though I rather think Dec will never be the marrying kind.
  • poboppobop Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    PatMcgroin wrote: »
    Twas only ever a relationship of convenience
    .. I rather think Dec will never be the marrying kind.

There has been talk about this before. Dec has been the subject of blind items in the past. Read in between the lines...?
  • trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PatMcgroin wrote: »
    Twas only ever a relationship of convenience - suited them both, for their own ends.
    She certainly raised her public proflie because of it.
    Knew six months ago that whatever they 'had' was well & truly over.
    Hope for his sake that's it amicable as I rather think Miss Thompson could be a whole lot of trouble otherwise - she always talked babies he, only last week, said he had 'no time' to get married; just one of his many dismissals on the subject.
    Most women would find being constantly & publically 'put down' humiliating, surely?
    Georgie was happy to go along with it though - wonder why?!
    Nowt to do with her blossoming career I don't suppose?!
    Hope they both find happiness elsewhere though I rather think Dec will never be the marrying kind.

Pretty much echoes my thoughts.
    Georgie has been trying for years to rise above her newsreader role, and she's certainly achieved this since they've been together.
    And why is Dec "too busy" to get married when his business partner seems to find the time for a wife.
    I like Ant and Dec, and Georgie seems ok, too, but there are definitely "issues" where Dec is concerned, whatever they may be, and I didn't get the impression that this relationship was for keeps.
    Of course, only they really know.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No more "Georgie's boyfriend AntnDec" jokes on A League Of Their Own :cry:

You mean, they might have to write a third joke??
  • sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pobop wrote: »
    There has been talk about this before. Dec has been the subject of blind items in the past. Read in between the lines...?

Really? Mind you, l dont go onto that thread very often as l can't keep up, and it does my head in trying to work the clues out. :o:D
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sidsgirl wrote: »
    Really? Mind you, l dont go onto that thread very often as l can't keep up, and it does my head in trying to work the clues out. :o:D
    There's an ancient DS urban legend regarding Ant n Dec, it's been doing the rounds for years - some people swear it's true, other say it is total fiction.

Me? I don't know, or care - they are both nice guys.

Georgie was excellent girlfriend material for dinky Dec though, she made him look tall.:)
  • FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's an ancient DS urban legend regarding Ant n Dec, it's been doing the rounds for years - some people swear it's true, other say it is total fiction.

Me? I don't know, or care - they are both nice guys.

Georgie was excellent girlfriend material for dinky Dec though, she made him look tall.:)

Come on Alf, give us the triangle again!!!!! ;)
    (somebody had to say it)
  • maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CRM wrote: »
    You can't have a bad break up for a relationship that never was.

:D:D:D and i thought it was just me the cynical one i see other posters think the same;)
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://insidecelebrityworld.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-o-matic/cache/803e0_GeorgieThompson005.jpg

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00855/dac-280_855903a.jpg

I know he has helped raise her profile - but I would never have put these two together had both been unknowns.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maureens wrote: »
    :D:D:D and i thought it was just me the cynical one i see other posters think the same;)
    lol, na, It's pretty well known. But he's a nice guy and it'd be a shame if it got out properly.
  • AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blamhappy2 wrote: »
    lol, na, It's pretty well known. But he's a nice guy and it'd be a shame if it got out properly.

Would it though? Hardly anyone cares about that 'sort of thing' much these days, so I really don't get why IF it is true he's never just said so.

It may well not be true at all though. I'm certainly not convinced that's what's being suggested here is indeed the case, maybe Dec's just a typical male commitmentphobe. Either way, I love Ant and Dec and wish both of them happiness :)
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blamhappy2 wrote: »

Why? The shame surely would be if he was and felt he had to keep it secret because of fear of an adverse reaction? No one would care, it would make no difference to his career since he's there on merit and not because he's straight. It's 2011.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every time I hear he's split up from a girl I'm surprised. Mainly because it's a girl :D (I joke :o)

I'm not going to speculate, if the man says he's straight then I'm sure he has no reason to be lying. All I know is, he's come over very camp since I used to watch him on TV when I was young, but then again look how camp someone like Micheal McIntyre is, doesn't really mean much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    You mean, they might have to write a third joke??

Ahem!
    1) Jamie Redknapp's Thomas Cook advert
    2) Flintoff likes a drink
    3) Georgie's boyfriend Antndec

I believe you mean 4th! :D
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aww i was hoping for lots of little Decs, wonder what happened.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can only imagine that the attraction between them wasn't as strong as it should have been. They weren't together for that long.
  • PADDY75PADDY75 Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neb Adra wrote: »
    Every time I hear he's split up from a girl I'm surprised. Mainly because it's a girl :D (I joke :o)

I'm not going to speculate, if the man says he's straight then I'm sure he has no reason to be lying. All I know is, he's come over very camp since I used to watch him on TV when I was young, but then again look how camp someone like Micheal McIntyre is, doesn't really mean much.

I've also heard the rumours about his sexuality but myself I couldn't say either way. But if indeed his is gay he'd have plenty of reason to play it straight. Some are saying it would make no difference but with these celebs there is always a fear factor. Hence why there are so many closet cases in the entertainment industry.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't even know they were dating :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PADDY75 wrote: »
    I've also heard the rumours about his sexuality but myself I couldn't say either way. But if indeed his is gay he'd have plenty of reason to play it straight. Some are saying it would make no difference but with these celebs there is always a fear factor. Hence why there are so many closet cases in the entertainment industry.

It must be a horrible thing for anyone who feels like they can't come out. We talk about "this day and age" but the fact is the whole wide world isn't a "super happy, tolerant" place. On the one hand we have the people who would be peeved if someone turned out to be gay, then on the other we have people who have endless discussions and make up cryptic clues worthy of Sherlock Holmes about if someone is gay and when they will be outed.

Sorry, kinda highjacked the thread there :o
  • PADDY75PADDY75 Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neb Adra wrote: »
    It must be a horrible thing for anyone who feels like they can't come out. We talk about "this day and age" but the fact is the whole wide world isn't a "super happy, tolerant" place. On the one hand we have the people who would be peeved if someone turned out to be gay, then on the other we have people who have endless discussions and make up cryptic clues worthy of Sherlock Holmes about if someone is gay and when they will be outed.

Sorry, kinda highjacked the thread there :o

No you didn't.;) Totally agree with you what said though.. We humans aren't as progressive as we like to think.