Will anyone on the forum admit to being involved in the rioting/loothing?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
Forum Member
Pretty much as the title says,the spread of the people on the forum is pretty far and wide with many from the London area.Will anyone from that area admit to being involved in the troubles and if so why.Not looking to point the finger and blame just curious.

Comments

• camercamer Posts: 5,237
    Forum Member
    pogo1910 wrote: »
    Pretty much as the title says,the spread of the people on the forum is pretty far and wide with many from the London area.Will anyone from that area admit to being involved in the troubles and if so why.Not looking to point the finger and blame just curious.

Are to trying to trace the person who has got the remote for that 42" plasma you nicked last night ?
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Either probably not because they'll not want to be flamed, or yes to wind others up to get a reaction. I'm talking about two types of people here.
  • brentfordpetebrentfordpete Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    pogo1910 wrote: »

Well apart from the obvious reasons why they wouldn't admit to looting, I would hope that the average DS poster has decency and civility and respect.

It's a bit in short supply on the streets of London right now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Lol it would be nice to have a 42" plasma to replace my bulky CRT screen but im nowhere near London.People on here are usually pretty open and honest and not afraid if they offend or not,i figured someone on here will have been involved or know someone who is
  • nobabydaddynobabydaddy Posts: 2,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    camer wrote: »
    Are to trying to trace the person who has got the remote for that 42" plasma you nicked last night ?

I got a 42 inch TV. I bought it online from Ideal World last week :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Well apart from the obvious reasons why they wouldn't admit to looting, I would hope that the average DS poster has decency and civility and respect.

It's a bit in short supply on the streets of London right now.

Well said.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they're too busy working out how to use the laptops they've stolen before they could figure out how to post on a forum lol.
  • TheExecutionerTheExecutioner Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    Not the rioting. But yes, to the loothing.

Curry usually has that effect. :o
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see what the point would be. They'd only be told their scum, etc.. by FM's then they'd tell people to f off or something of sort, then just get banned.
  • mrkite77mrkite77 Posts: 5,386
    Forum Member
    I lived in San Diego at the time of the L.A Riots in 92. I remember some classmates talking about driving up to LA because of the looting. I don't know if anyone actually did it or not though.

Once the korean storeowners started shooting at the looters, I'm sure people stopped entertaining the notion.

Gunfight starts at 1:33 in this clip:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmsKGhLdZuQ
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,916
    Forum Member
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thinking about this, why cant manufacturers fit something to New electrical devices, that means they cannot be activated unless they are purchased by legal means.
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, but I saw a shop get looted. It was exciting to watch :)
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    Thinking about this, why cant manufacturers fit something to New electrical devices, that means they cannot be activated unless they are purchased by legal means.

Good idea.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,916
    Forum Member

You do realise that all this will result in shops charging higher prices in future to cover the higher insurance costs so more expensive mobile phones and clothes?

It will also mean less money to spend on things like leisure centres and youth clubs in London as the police budget will have to be increased.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

By your brother:confused:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=51891853&postcount=42