Options

Dallas: New Series Starts Wednesday 5 September 9 pm

Comments

• Options
    footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,212
    Forum Member
    Yes, Cliff was always close to Bobby.

I am just wondering if it is possible that Pamela may not be Cliff's daughter - what sort of father would give a command to blow up a building where his daughter is
    Could Pamela be JR's daughter - JR and Afton did have an affair
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What the heck did Joan Van Ark look like? :eek::eek: I hope she sued.

Some of us remember Joan Van Ark voicing this costumed lady!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuJSBhQer-0
  • Options
    Phil 2804Phil 2804 Posts: 21,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The questions I have are these:

Who is Cliff married to (he was wearing a wedding ring)?

Why is Emma acting like a nymphomaniac?

Seeing as Emma was raised in England, how come she talks with an American accent?

Have James Beaumont & Calley's child been provided for in JR's will & if not then why not?

Why does Valene look like Lucy's sister rather than her mother?

Was Drew lead to believe that nobody would be on the rig?

Why didn't Drew go to the police when that guy threatened to kill Elena if he didn't commit a criminal act?

Because the writers are being faithful to the show in its 9 year golden run when it was the No. 1 series on both sides of the Atlantic for most of the time, and less faithful to the deathbed years when it became a parody of itself and was shunted to Sunday teatime on the BBC.
  • Options
    lyndalahugheslyndalahughes Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    footygirl wrote: »
    I am just wondering if it is possible that Pamela may not be Cliff's daughter - what sort of father would give a command to blow up a building where his daughter is
    Could Pamela be JR's daughter - JR and Afton did have an affair

Possible, you never know with Dallas! :D
  • Options
    spaniel-loverspaniel-lover Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil 2804 wrote: »
    Because the writers are being faithful to the show in its 9 year golden run when it was the No. 1 series on both sides of the Atlantic for most of the time, and less faithful to the deathbed years when it became a parody of itself and was shunted to Sunday teatime on the BBC.

I think that viewers watching now would've stayed with it till the end of its original run. Plus you can't just pretend those characters don't exist, & anyway Calley turned up for his memorial.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think that viewers watching now would've stayed with it till the end of its original run. Plus you can't just pretend those characters don't exist, & anyway Calley turned up for his memorial.

Touché. Haha.
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Currently on CBS they are showing series 3 in which Pam and Cliff have a genetic disorder so Pam is contemplating an abortion.

If this is the case if Pamela is Cliff's then the twins are in danger of dying in first year of their life surely Cliff would be worried.

Has Cliff conveniently forgotten his two siblings died of it?
  • Options
    DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    The questions I have are these:

Who is Cliff married to (he was wearing a wedding ring)?

Why is Emma acting like a nymphomaniac?

Seeing as Emma was raised in England, how come she talks with an American accent?

Have James Beaumont & Calley's child been provided for in JR's will & if not then why not?

Why does Valene look like Lucy's sister rather than her mother?

Was Drew lead to believe that nobody would be on the rig?

Why didn't Drew go to the police when that guy threatened to kill Elena if he didn't commit a criminal act?

I can't remember how it ended in the original series but if James Beaumont ran away with JR's wife then it's quite likely that they would both be struck off his will.

I can't really explain Cliff's transformation. I thought maybe something happened to him between old and new Dallas to make him more bitter and evil but then I remembered that he was still quite friendly with Bobby last series. All this revenge against the Ewing's to avenge Digger Barnes is a bit daft though because didn't he already take over Ewing Oil in the original series? So he kinda already won.

All of the characterisations and storylines seems a little out of place at the moment, which I put down to the writers having to suddenly accommodate Larry Hagman's passing. Hopefully things will settle down in a couple of weeks...
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DiscoP wrote: »
    I can't remember how it ended in the original series but if James Beaumont ran away with JR's wife then it's quite likely that they would both be struck off his will.

I can't really explain Cliff's transformation. I thought maybe something happened to him between old and new Dallas to make him more bitter and evil but then I remembered that he was still quite friendly with Bobby last series. All this revenge against the Ewing's to avenge Digger Barnes is a bit daft though because didn't he already take over Ewing Oil in the original series? So he kinda already won.

All of the characterisations and storylines seems a little out of place at the moment, which I put down to the writers having to suddenly accommodate Larry Hagman's passing. Hopefully things will settle down in a couple of weeks...

Cally left JR he hired a PI to find her when he found out he was father and not James but when he found her and saw her with a new boyfriend he decided to leave her be and live her new life.

James found out he was a father with Debra Lynn and left Southfork to live with her and his son and annulled his marriage to Michelle.

So technically JR had/has a grandson and a son he hasn't mentioned plus he claims Sue Ellen is his only love when he claimed in 1990 that James' mother was his one true love.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »
    Some of us remember Joan Van Ark voicing this costumed lady!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuJSBhQer-0

I never realised that was her. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DiscoP wrote: »

James was married to April's sister, but left her for the mother of his child I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    Currently on CBS they are showing series 3 in which Pam and Cliff have a genetic disorder so Pam is contemplating an abortion.

If this is the case if Pamela is Cliff's then the twins are in danger of dying in first year of their life surely Cliff would be worried.

Has Cliff conveniently forgotten his two siblings died of it?

I thought Pam was infertile? She was on the phone to Bobby whilst driving, telling him about a new fertility treatment she was going to have, when her car crashed & that's the last we ever saw of her (well of Victoria Principal).
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Looks as if she belongs on the Ark.:eek:

Crazy episode this week, with the Rig Explosion.

Loved the Will Reading.
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If anyone is interested CBS Drama are showing the three Dallas movies over Easter.

One of these (from 1986) is a prequel (though Larry Hagman is in it) - Dallas: The Early Years - about Jock, Miss Ellie and Digger Barnes and the start of the Barnes-Ewing fued (I think).

The other two are from the late 90s, a few years after the series ended. The first 'Dallas- JR's Return' - ties up the loose ends from the last ever regular episode and has Cliff in it battling JR as ever. The second: 'Dallas': War of the Ewings' is about a battle between JR and Bobby and Ray over their land.

They are shown a couple of times each on Saturday - Sunday.

The movies were not well received but do plug the gap between 1991 and 2012 when the show returned.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    wow, im loving Dallas at the minute..The ending was good :eek:
  • Options
    mistygalmistygal Posts: 8,318
    Forum Member
    Tuesday nights Dallas was the most boring to date. What is going on?
    I agree with others on here Cliff was never a match to JR but even Cliff, is acting like a Mafia boss now. I always used to like Cliff and his sister Pam but JR would also come out on top.
  • Options
    Forum Member

they all look rather bad, apart from Linda Gray
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Great episode this week - have to say I am stilling loving this series of Dallas!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    been reading articles on the dallas site and Linda Gray feels that Sue Ellen was still inlove with Jr when he died and that She said that she feels strongly that they did love each other.
  • Options
    ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am loving it, loved the Miss Ellie mention too, Josh is hot stuff well worth tuning in for but great script and wohoCliff is soo bad. Can't wait for next weeks.
  • Options
    ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cassie1984 wrote: »
    been reading articles on the dallas site and Linda Gray feels that Sue Ellen was still inlove with Jr when he died and that She said that she feels strongly that they did love each other.

They did, he just didnt appreciate her, love is not the same as appreciating someone. You can love someone dearly and treat them very very badly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Woo, i think Lee Majors is in nxt weeks eppy :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    Woo, i think Lee Majors is in nxt weeks eppy :)

I put it in a spoiler in an earlier post, not to spoil it for those who aren't on US pace. Thankfully you haven't spoilt who the other surprise guest is.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    they all look rather bad, apart from Linda Gray
    Do you know if that was a one off appearance or is Valene due to return in the future?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do you know if that was a one off appearance or is Valene due to return in the future?

is it a one off ? I like all the bitchiness with Sue Allen :D

also sorry if i didnt put a spoiler tag on the other post..it seems to have a tag on it now :confused: