Options

Orphan Black - UK Pace *NO SPOILERS*

Comments

• Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    BBC3 are reairing season 1 early monday morning

Episode Guide

Someone remember to bump, I'll download them all this time.
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,705
    Forum Member
    Corabal wrote: »
    Thanks, missed some of it due to BBCs screw up in showing it the first time round
    Huh? :confused: They showed all episodes in the scheduled slots.
  • Options
    varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Huh? :confused: They showed all episodes in the scheduled slots.

Indeed though I just watched them all on iPlayer.
  • Options
    slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now confirmed that season 2 will start on BBC3 on Wednesday 30th April. 11 days after US - not bad, especially when yout think how long we had to wait for season 1.
  • Options
    Velvet_FoxVelvet_Fox Posts: 1,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now confirmed that season 2 will start on BBC3 on Wednesday 30th April. 11 days after US - not bad, especially when yout think how long we had to wait for season 1.

I'm crazy excited! I usually watch at US pace, but since BBC3 have their head in the game this year, I think I will go UK pace! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Velvet_Fox wrote: »
    I'm crazy excited! I usually watch at US pace, but since BBC3 have their head in the game this year, I think I will go UK pace! :D
    11 days isn't too long to wait for the benefit of being able to watch in glorious HD on a big screen, I reckon.

Although the ratings were pretty decent for season 1, it wasn't the hit it deserved to be over here. Hopefully with the closer TX date and some serious hype stateside filtering over here, more people will give it a chance. I'll be doing episode reviews again this year over on my blog.

Incidentally, season 1 repeats in double bills on BBC3 on consecutive nights from Monday morning/Sunday night.
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Great News.:cool:
    11 days isn't too long to wait for the benefit of being able to watch in glorious HD on a big screen, I reckon.

Although the ratings were pretty decent for season 1, it wasn't the hit it deserved to be over here. Hopefully with the closer TX date and some serious hype stateside filtering over here, more people will give it a chance. I'll be doing episode reviews again this year over on my blog.

Incidentally, season 1 repeats in double bills on BBC3 on consecutive nights from Monday morning/Sunday night.
    I think I'll watch the last two of them, to jog my memory.:confused:
  • Options
    Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finally found this thread after scouring the TV show forums for a couple of weeks now since I found out Ophan Black was coming back!!!:D:)
    Then only just this second remembered that Ophan Black was under silence fiction all along :blush:
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Ella71110 wrote: »
    Finally found this thread after scouring the TV show forums for a couple of weeks now since I found out Ophan Black was coming back!!!:D:)
    Then only just this second remembered that Ophan Black was under silence fiction all along :blush:
    Shhhhh! - ;-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After a tip off on another forum I tried to watch the first episode of this a long time ago and thought it was kind of excruciatingly low-budget and amateurish.

I particularly hated the Nick Grimshaw lookalike she hung around with who was perhaps meant to be some kind of comedy relief but all he did was compromise any sense of drama or peril that was supposed to be building up. And her accent… I'd heard she was great in it, I found myself going back to re-read the comments I'd read because that first episode, she was *not* great. Painful, at times. I actually felt quite embarrassed I'd suggested to my wife this might be quite good, it was that unimpressive.

Got to the end and thought, "Well geez, am dodging a bullet avoiding watching any more of this guff." I think perhaps I'm used to better executed high-concept shows. This struggled.

And then it blows up in popularity for some reason. Blimey. Why? Does it get less stupid and more serious?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Perhaps you should have watched more than one episode. No TV show I know has ever been brilliantly captivating at episode one.

Season (Series) 1 of "Only Fools And Horses" wasn't that popular and look what happened to that show. (And, for the record, I've never seen a full episode!)
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big-Arn wrote: »
    After a tip off on another forum I tried to watch the first episode of this a long time ago and thought it was kind of excruciatingly low-budget and amateurish
    And then it blows up in popularity for some reason. Blimey. Why? Does it get less stupid and more serious?

This is one of those shows you should watch TWO episodes before deciding whether to watch anymore. To anyone who hasn't seen the show, don't tell them anything about it apart from "watch TWO eps" :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news for UK fans, I think. It hasn't been stated yet by the BBC, but it looks the series will not only return on April 30th as previously mentioned - 11 days behind the US - but we may get an opening double bill, which would put us just 4 days behind.

As I say, not confirmed yet - but BBC Previews has both episodes 1 and 2 listed as being for transmission in week 17.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big-Arn wrote: »
    Does it get less stupid and more serious?
    It keeps a degree of humour. The story gets much richer, and with dark elements along with the lighter ones. (Mind you, that opening suicide-by-train was pretty dark if you think about it.) It took me more than two episodes to get into it, but eventually I fell in love with the lead actress.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    I was a latecomer to this show and although I found it hard to get into at first (due to the awful Sarah Manning accent which sounded like she was starring in Home and Away), I kept at it and soon forgot the accent and just got into the story. I really enjoyed it and thought that the lead actress was great apart from that one dodgy accent! I'm sure it wasn't easy to play so many different parts but she did a good job in my opinion. I also liked the Felix actor and his Brit accent was so good that I actually looked him up on IMDB to see if he was British. I think he played his part well. I am looking forward to seeing where it goes in Season 2.
  • Options
    Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good news for UK fans, I think. It hasn't been stated yet by the BBC, but it looks the series will not only return on April 30th as previously mentioned - 11 days behind the US - but we may get an opening double bill, which would put us just 4 days behind.

As I say, not confirmed yet - but BBC Previews has both episodes 1 and 2 listed as being for transmission in week 17.

That's what they did with the first series.
  • Options
    Ella71110Ella71110 Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    Shhhhh! - ;-)

Opps! :D

To be honest I still read it back twice and couldnt see why you were saying shhh:blush:
  • Options
    KennyTKennyT Posts: 20,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    platelet wrote: »
    Unfortunately it's 41 minutes of Wil Wheaton being smug, 1 minute of new footage, followed by Wil Wheaton's annoying face again
    Agreed, I had to "skim" through it after only being able to cope with WWs manic grin for the first two minutes. The cast seemed embarrassed as well, and not prepared for the questions he grinned at them. I was hoping it would be more like "Pure 24" (which I loved) but it was terrible!

K
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^re: the Wil Wheaton show - was expecting something like the Talking Dead, which I love, but he came across as very uncomfortable. Yes he is a fan and had some interesting questions but as a host, as someone who was meant to drive the show, well it really didn't work for me.
  • Options
    PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rewatched the whole first season in prep for season 2, actually finishing the last episode now. (Alison visiting Ainsley :o)

Wish more people would give the show more than one episode, when it gets going it really gets better and better.

Hopefully Cosima will be ok, she's definitely my favourite clone so far.
  • Options
    TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Palmerwho wrote: »
    Rewatched the whole first season in prep for season 2, actually finishing the last episode now. (Alison visiting Ainsley :o)

Wish more people would give the show more than one episode, when it gets going it really gets better and better.

Hopefully Cosima will be ok, she's definitely my favourite clone so far.

I too just rewatched all ten I love Alison and Felix scenes, it's funny how you forget that Tatiana plays them all after the first couple of eps
  • Options
    PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TWS wrote: »
    I too just rewatched all ten I love Alison and Felix scenes, it's funny how you forget that Tatiana plays them all after the first couple of eps

I know, its a testament to how awesome Tatiana is.

The slight different nuances she adds to each version, so you can tell when one clone is pretending to be another. In the hands of someone less committed to their craft it could come across as awful.

Can't wait for season 2 to start!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    zwixxx wrote: »
    This is one of those shows you should watch TWO episodes before deciding whether to watch anymore.
    I had to watch three or four I think, to really get somewhere with it. I never stop watching anything after just the one episode.