Cameron and food banks

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
Forum Member
✭✭
I saw him in a clip on the tv, saying "We have made food banks more available to those that need them"; well, he certainly has made more need for food banks by his policies. But what would he know about food for the poor ? After all, he would be quaffing Dom Perignon champagne and eating Beluga caviar, stuff you don't see much of down at the food banks. His mansions will also have lots of spare bedrooms. The rich assigning policies for the poor when they have never experienced such a lifestyle, is distasteful.

Comments

• AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So your thread isn't about food banks at all. It is just another opportunity to say spiteful things about Cameron.
  • Auld SnodyAuld Snody Posts: 15,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    petertard wrote: »
    I saw him in a clip on the tv, saying "We have made food banks more available to those that need them"; well, he certainly has made more need for food banks by his policies. But what would he know about food for the poor ? After all, he would be quaffing Dom Perignon champagne and eating Beluga caviar, stuff you don't see much of down at the food banks. His mansions will also have lots of spare bedrooms. The rich assigning policies for the poor when they have never experienced such a lifestyle, is distasteful.

why not make money more available for those that need it. Hey Presto . No need for food banks. Cut out the middle man
  • stevejk75stevejk75 Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Annsyre wrote: »
    So your thread isn't about food banks at all. It is just another opportunity to say spiteful things about Cameron.

And I agree with Petertard
  • Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There shouldn't be any need for food banks in this country and their growing need simply highlights the failure of government.
  • jassijassi Posts: 7,895
    Forum Member
    Auld Snody wrote: »
    why not make money more available for those that need it. Hey Presto . No need for food banks. Cut out the middle man

Good thinking. It'll never catch on, though.
  • GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yea right you apologise for him. What other conlusion would you draw for the increased need for food banks?
  • AnnsyreAnnsyre Posts: 109,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jol44 wrote: »
    There shouldn't be any need for food banks in this country and their growing need simply highlights the failure of government.

Indeed, they mushroomed tenfold under Labour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed, they mushroomed tenfold under Labour.

Ah the deflection, but off the mark. It was Cameron we were talking about, and his comments
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would not feel so bad about bedroom tax if only they to felt the burden that the poor are feeling e.g £1400.00 per week should cover it for every spare bedroom in the stately homes they own that have no one sleeping in them just think how many homeless would be rehoused?
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getting a bit fed up with all the deflection by the mental mob. It's the same shite every day. I'll give the members on the left their due, they seem like real people, and their DS content doesn't look like spambot's in action.

Honestly, if i said i stubbed my toe this morning, some numpty would jump in and blame Labour. :rolleyes:
  • Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    Getting a bit fed up with all the deflection by the mental mob. It's the same shite every day. I'll give the members on the left their due, they seem like real people, and their DS content doesn't look like spambot's in action.

Honestly, if i said i stubbed my toe this morning, some numpty would jump in and blame Labour. :rolleyes:

Hah, typical Labour, blaming Labour for Labour!
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jol44 wrote: »

It is a disgrace.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Have you seen one of the Thatcher Funeral threads? Tories in their are claiming it was Gordon Brown who signed off Maggie's funeral there for his fault it cost ten million lol

They are scrapping the bottom of the barrel now.
  • twogunthomtwogunthom Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find this astonishing I would have expected foodbanks in a country whos finances had been drained in a world war. WTF is going on. Our Governments who allow this to happen on their watch should be embarrassed, ashamed of themselves, if they are not then we need a revolution to rid us of these people for good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twogunthom wrote: »
    I find this astonishing I would have expected foodbanks in a country whos finances had been drained in a world war. WTF is going on. Our Governments who allow this to happen on their watch should be embarrassed, ashamed of themselves, if they are not then we need a revolution to rid us of these people for good.

It's even worse than that, they are actually saying how great it is.

What the hell is going on!!
  • BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Their content looks exactly like spambots, same shit every day.:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

In case you missed it, there is a 1 trillion debt and a 108 billion deficit to service.

Benefits come way down the list of priorities.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Their content looks exactly like spambots, same shit every day.:rolleyes:

Says BrokenRecord:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In case you missed it, there is a 1 trillion debt and a 108 billion deficit to service.

Benefits come way down the list of priorities.

So pay people to supply food banks rather than give the people in need money to buy what they need?. Do try some joined up thinking for a change
  • StaunchyStaunchy Posts: 10,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

BiB, looking at the front benches of the three main parties I would say that none of them have any real idea of what it's like to be poor. Added to that is a large growing number of them that have ate, drank and slept politics from such a young age that they don't have much experience of the world outside their political bubble.

I wonder why you start a thread accusing only one party of being like that when, IMHO they're all like that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Is he serious? For the most part you have to jump through hoops for some official to issue a voucher to use the foodbank. This will get you 3 days non perishable food. You are limited to using the food bank only 3 times. It's ridiculous.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So pay people to supply food banks rather than give the people in need money to buy what they need?. Do try some joined up thinking for a change

They will get exactly what they from the food banks and nothing of what they don't need.

I already do joined up thinking thank you very much, that's why I don't need food banks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes thanks to Osborne and his growth stifling plans.

If you really cared about debt you wouldn't be supporting that growth stunting inept buffoon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They will get exactly what they from the food banks and nothing of what they don't need.

I already do joined up thinking thank you very much, that's why I don't need food banks.
    Food banks are a way of telling people that they should be grateful for what other people in society give them.
    It is the antithesis of charity, it is a way of looking down on people and degrading them. Time to put that thinking into joined up mode.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "we" as in the country
    "we" as in him and his political party have done NOTHING