Comments

• Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Pete's "suffering" thread is fine though :confused:
    Even the name of the thread is wrong, and the evil sarky posts on it, it was so bad I stopped posting on it.
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    Actually I think it was much better to have one thread dedicated to each - saves having numerous threads about them cluttering up the showbiz forum
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Willow33 wrote: »
    The Pete's "suffering" thread is fine though :confused:
    Even the name of the thread is wrong, and the evil sarky posts on it, it was so bad I stopped posting on it.

Well I dont go on that thread as I havent ever watched his show or listened to his music - I find him as dull as ditch water so dont have anything to say. And I am bored to tears with the he is/she is worserer... My point is there seemed to be nothing at all libellous, or against the community guidelines, offensive or anything to warrant the shutting down of 4+ threads.
  • Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Tissy wrote: »
    Actually I think it was much better to have one thread dedicated to each - saves having numerous threads about them cluttering up the showbiz forum

Well, it would seem FM's are not allowed even one dedicated to Ms Price.:confused:
  • Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lozenger wrote: »
    Well I dont go on that thread as I havent ever watched his show or listened to his music - I find him as dull as ditch water so dont have anything to say. And I am bored to tears with the he is/she is worserer... My point is there seemed to be nothing at all libellous, or against the community guidelines, offensive or anything to warrant the shutting down of 4+ threads.

Funny thing is everyone on the Pete thread finds him dull and boring too but they have plenty to say :confused:
    They don't watch his shows or read anything about him either!!!

Anything that was posted in the KP threads was truth and links to whatever she had said herself. If there was anything offensive said, the removal of the post should cover it. But I think there was too much "alerting" going on, the mods were probably pee'd off ;)
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    Oh dear :o
  • dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ...or someone's lawyers are getting busy! ;)
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All this fuss over two Z-listers, good grief.
  • offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've popped in the PA thread a couple of times to grumble about the overplayed trailers for his show on ITV2, but I agree with you. I can't quite wrap my head around the fuss PA and KP cause on here and how posters get so personal and vitriolic with each over them to the point bannings occour. And it seems like this has been going on on the forum for YEARS, too.

I'm no fan of either, but come on people!
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not discussing PA thread as I know nothing about it.

4 KP threads have been locked for no good reason.

There were no vitriolic posts & I'm not making any fuss - just trying to have a discussion.
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we should all respect the publicity-shy Mrs Hayler's wishes and stop talking about her completely.
  • fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    I think we should all respect the publicity-shy Mrs Hayler's wishes and stop talking about her completely.

You're right. I think old motor-mouth is getting herself in enough hot water and the only voice that should be heard is those of the simpering critic's...:yawn:

I'm expecting the entire showbiz thread to vanish at any minute considering DS see 'little point in having an open thread discussing' anything in retrospect or if it's not today's news.....oh wait :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    You're right. I think old motor-mouth is getting herself in enough hot water and the only voice that should be heard is those of the simpering critic's...:yawn:

I'm expecting the entire showbiz thread to vanish at any minute considering DS see 'little point in having an open thread discussing' anything in retrospect or if it's not today's news.....oh wait :rolleyes:

I found that part of their statement quite bizarre.:confused:
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Willow33 wrote: »
    Funny thing is everyone on the Pete thread finds him dull and boring too but they have plenty to say :confused:
    They don't watch his shows or read anything about him either!!!

Anything that was posted in the KP threads was truth and links to whatever she had said herself. If there was anything offensive said, the removal of the post should cover it. But I think there was too much "alerting" going on, the mods were probably pee'd off ;)

Most of what is posted in the pa and kp threads is opinion, not fact. There is nothing wrong with that, this is an opinion board.

Alerting works both ways, we all know of months where both threads were being locked, and in Pa's case, many were deleted, too.

Knowing The Pwicy as we do, it will not be long before she does something worthy of pointing and laughing...and therefore, a thread should be allowed.

Either way, it is very frustrating to see the padlock all over the forum.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member

For me it's not the two people in question it's the principle. Nothing was said - that I can understand as being wrong but the threads were locked with no explanation. Eventually a general referring back to the rules. I filled in the form to ask what had been done that shouldn't have been (as a relative newbie I find it all very confusing) and the reply I have received only refers me back to the response about 'rules' being broken. Dosn't say which ones, why or how though so I am non the wiser.
    The reason people mention the PA thread is because - again I speak personally only - it seems to be different rules being applied or not applied. The responder mentioned there being no control and yet it seems a free for all in the PA thread?!
    I definitely don't understand the - nothing is happening today so no point in having a thread - comment. Something could have happened 10 minutes later so would that warrant constantly opening new threads - I thought that was discouraged?
    I'm baffled.
  • fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of what is posted in the pa and kp threads is opinion, not fact. There is nothing wrong with that, this is an opinion board.

Alerting works both ways, we all know of months where both threads were being locked, and in Pa's case, many were deleted, too.

Knowing The Pwicy as we do, it will not be long before she does something worthy of pointing and laughing...and therefore, a thread should be allowed.

Either way, it is very frustrating to see the padlock all over the forum.

But that's the point...she has and they haven't.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If people don't understand why the person got rid of the topic then maybe they should have put themselves forward for the job when it was advertised not too long back :D
    Forum Member
    DS gave an explanation for why the first thread was locked, the explanation being the offensive posts being posted on there. As the discussion was mainly about Harvey.s disabilities their explanation for the closure of that thread could be considered reasonable..but there is no reasonable explanation for the closure of the other two IMO.

All that was being discussed in the thread Janna started was KP's tweet about Danny Cipriani and Kelly Brook...and it was closed?? :confused: Bizarre.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,258
    Forum Member
    She's becoming as lockable around here as she who must not be named or MM.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »

Indeed :D
  • Val_BeamVal_Beam Posts: 3,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is strange,maybe a new mod has started,and he/she is a big fan of kate,hope that doesn't sound too offensive :eek: If they are going to lock every KP thread,in fairness,they should lock the PA threads as well,some of the things written on there make me go :eek: as well,can't have different rules,they have to be fair.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Val_Beam wrote: »
    It is strange,maybe a new mod has started,and he/she is a big fan of kate,hope that doesn't sound too offensive :eek: If they are going to lock every KP thread,in fairness,they should lock the PA threads as well,some of the things written on there make me go :eek: as well,can't have different rules,they have to be fair.

None of what those two get is anywhere near what Helen Flanagan is getting at the moment, but that topic stays open :rolleyes:

There can't be different rules for each celebrity, if topics about one person are being locked then all nasty topics should be locked or it's a farce
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    None of what those two get is anywhere near what Helen Flanagan is getting at the moment, but that topic stays open :rolleyes:

There can't be different rules for each celebrity, if topics about one person are being locked then all nasty topics should be locked or it's a farce

Agreed - they are all talentless, orange vacuums, and should be treated with the disdain they deserve.

If there is a legal issues, perhaps sharing that with us will prevent us from continuing to make the same mistake?:confused:
  • DaughterqueenDaughterqueen Posts: 143
    Forum Member
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,743
    Administrator
    We do remove posts. If people continue to post the offensive material, we're not going to waste our time repeatedly removing them when it's easier to close the thread.

If you continue to recreate threads that have been closed, we'll have to start issuing account suspensions. The community guidelines are explicitly clear that this is not allowed.
    "Where has my thread gone?" "Why was my post removed?" "Why was I/XX banned?"
    These are not questions that can be answered on the forum. Please contact us directly with your query via http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/contact/?contact_type=forum

An example of why removing posts doesn't work: we removed a number of posts from the original thread - they were then reposted. We closed that thread - a number of other threads opened up in its place. Do you see the problem with that?

When users can start discussing topics in a reasonable and respectful manner, the threads will be allowed to run as normal. When you're hurling insults at each other, they'll continue to be locked.

We don't see everything, so we rely on members to use the red 'alert' button on posts they feel violate our terms and conditions.
This discussion has been closed.