Major Drug Scandal at Major British Football Club

THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,447
Forum Member
According to the Guardian there appears to be a major drug taking scandal at a major British football club, which goes right up to the highest level. The football club can't be named for legal reasons. If true it's quite sensational.
Ian.

Comments

• Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,483
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    THOMO wrote: »
    According to the Guardian there appears to be a major drug taking scandal at a major British football club, which goes right up to the highest level. The football club can't be named for legal reasons. If true it's quite sensational.
    Ian.

It's not the one where 2 of the coaching people have just been suspended is it?
  • THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,447
    Forum Member
    Westy2 wrote: »
    It's not the one where 2 of the coaching people have just been suspended is it?
    I don't know. The article just says its a top British Football Club and it goes right from the bottom to the highest level and that the club can't be named because of legal reasons. I'm not sure how to put a link in. But it's in the sports section of the Guardian website.
    Ian.
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A few years ago, there was a major drug scandal at Newcastle United involving quite a few of their players.

Shearer, Cort, Dyer, Given, Bellamy, Speed.
  • sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know. The article just says its a top British Football Club and it goes right from the bottom to the highest level and that the club can't be named because of legal reasons. I'm not sure how to put a link in. But it's in the sports section of the Guardian website.
    Ian.

So it's not the players on performance enhancing drugs, more the staff or board members on recreational ones?
    Forum Member
    sodavlac wrote: »
    So it's not the players on performance enhancing drugs, more the staff or board members on recreational ones?

I don't know, just going by what the article says. Can someone post a link for others to read the article from the guardians website.
    Ian.
  • BluescopeBluescope Posts: 3,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian.

If it cannot be named for legal reasons then they don't have any proof this is correct otherwise they would have posted the facts rather than just another pointless rumour. So it is not really a major scandal in fact I am willing to bet their are quite a number people at clubs up and down the country taking drugs. Given the fact Drugs and Money go together very often, if it is good even for the Boss of Co-OP I am sure the clubs are just as bad.

So hardly a front page shocking headline for me
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few years ago, there was a major drug scandal at Newcastle United involving quite a few of their players.

Rofl.
  • Terry NTerry N Posts: 5,262
    Forum Member
    Is it Aston Pilla? :blush:
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Terry N wrote: »
    Is it Aston Pilla? :blush:

No chance since they are not a major club.:D
    Forum Member
    Just like my team Sunderland who are going down.:(
    Ian.
  • rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich people snorting coke shocker

Who cares, it doesn't sound like players are involved
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich people using cocaine is hardly scandalous.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It must Walford Town Football Club then .
    Forum Member
    Aneechik wrote: »
    Rich people using cocaine is hardly scandalous.

Unless it happens to be a manager of a top club that's well known.
    Ian
  • 2-Pot Screamer2-Pot Screamer Posts: 34,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm most distraught. :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    British to me sounds like they'll be Scottish or Welsh as they'd have said English otherwise so people should speculate more? Maybe I'm reading too much into this. Probably :D
  • rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless it happens to be a manager of a top club that's well known.
    Ian

It would say it was a manager if that was the case

It's worded to make it sound interesting but it's probably a chief executive or somebody else nobody cares about
  • sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Could be anyone. I remember the last drug scandal where a "Premier League star" was said to be taking something he shouldn't have and it turned out to be Garry O'Connor. No disrespect to Mr. O'Connor, but they were rather liberal with the word "star". Wouldn't be surprised if the "major club" turned out to be a not so major one.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    Thanks for putting the link in.
    Ian.

my pleasure :)
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing it's a Championship club as the Premier League isn't mentioned.
  • Terry NTerry N Posts: 5,262
    Forum Member
    *cough* :kitty: *cough*
  • TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member

You better be Joe Kinnear. :p

This explains Man United's season. Or Liverpool's. Might be how they got Suárez to calm down. :p
  • 1Mickey1Mickey Posts: 10,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheMunch wrote: »
    You better be Joe Kinnear. :p

This explains Man United's season. Or Liverpool's. Might be how they got Suárez to calm down. :p

Or Arsenal

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/372967/Arsenal-manager-Arsene-Wenger-Drugs-could-be-the-reason-why-we-have-so-many-injuries