Hollyoaks general discussion (Part 11)

Comments

• InsideSoapInsideSoap Posts: 5,981
    Forum Member
    Personally I prefered her before, can't bare all this sugary sweetness.

It is a bit but for me, because I disliked her so much before it's an improvement. I never ever thought I'd end up liking Ruby. :eek:
    Basically Ruby became more likeable as they brought in an even worse character in Maddie and turned Sinead into a complete irratating bitch.

So really its just the others have become worse than her :D

Maddie and Sinead are both awful. After not watching for a while I'm still trying to remember who everyone is. George is amazing though. Did the girl that escaped with him ever get found though? Last I remember he found the bracelet outside the shop.

Jorgie was amazing on DOI tonight, still my favourite and (imo) she deserved higher marks.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,648
    Forum Member
    I didn't think she was as good tonight as she was last week.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Really looking forward to Hollyoaks this week. Thought last weeks was very good and I hadn't enjoyed it that much for ages. Can't wait for Riley to come back. I really missed him.
  • BeeBumbleBeeBumble Posts: 5,925
    Forum Member
    Was there ever any sort of reconciliation between Ruby and Nancy? They used to hate each other but now we have Nancy giving her advice and Ruby as Nancy's bridesmaid.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bbroccs wrote: »
    Really looking forward to Hollyoaks this week. Thought last weeks was very good and I hadn't enjoyed it that much for ages. Can't wait for Riley to come back. I really missed him.

I agree on all counts, apart from the Jono and Sinead scenes in the wedding, last week was a vast improvement on any of the EPs this year, apart from the book club.

This week with some of the best characters in, Brendan, Mitzeee, Ste & Doug, the Mcqueens (Jacqui in her battle gear :D) and the return of Riley :D. I hope he isn't back for Mercedes but for Mitzeee. But not really interested in this Jodie/Texas/Dodger triangle thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm wondering whether Riley will physically appear on Friday this week, cos it could be perhaps that Jacqui says she's going to see him and her visit perhaps takes place off-screen, focusing more on Mercedes making a pass at Rhys. Either way, we know he'll be back by next Wednesday (next Tuesday's E4) at the latest, but thought I might place this idea out there so people's hopes aren't raised too high for Riley appearing on Friday (Thursday's E4)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    npd6900 wrote: »
    I'm wondering whether Riley will physically appear on Friday this week, cos it could be perhaps that Jacqui says she's going to see him and her visit perhaps takes place off-screen, focusing more on Mercedes making a pass at Rhys. Either way, we know he'll be back by next Wednesday (next Tuesday's E4) at the latest, but thought I might place this idea out there so people's hopes aren't raised too high for Riley appearing on Friday (Thursday's E4)

He is the cast list for Fridays E4. Having said that he was on the cast list for last Fridays E4 too and didn't show. That he is coming back, is good enough for me. Hopefully for some time. Alex Fletcher tweeted him a couple of days ago that she was coming back next week, was he still there? and he replied he was.
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    JoToBo wrote: »
    He is the cast list for Fridays E4. Having said that he was on the cast list for last Fridays E4 too and didn't show. That he is coming back, is good enough for me. Hopefully for some time. Alex Fletcher tweeted him a couple of days ago that she was coming back next week, was he still there? and he replied he was.

The cast list is for the whole week, not an individual episode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Basically Ruby became more likeable as they brought in an even worse character in Maddie and turned Sinead into a complete irratating bitch.

So really its just the others have become worse than her :D

lol yeah that :D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    anyone else really dislike Jodie? i find her annoying and her storyline with Texas/Dodger so unintresting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Conor wrote: »
    anyone else really dislike Jodie? i find her annoying and her storyline with Texas/Dodger so unintresting.

I am just so fed up with love triangles they are boring
  • ReoReo Posts: 8,661
    Forum Member
    I don't like Jodie or Dodger, Texas was okay when it came to India's murder story, but not much else. The three of them together in a horrible love triangle is so dull to watch. Thats the one storyline I am not looking forward to this week and possibly next. I might even prefer watching the teens to them.
  • Vanessa73Vanessa73 Posts: 7,330
    Forum Member
    I'm so excited to see Ste back on my screen! he's finally a character in his own right! Wooh hoo! :D
  • Cherry-chocCherry-choc Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reo wrote: »
    I don't like Jodie or Dodger, Texas was okay when it came to India's murder story, but not much else. The three of them together in a horrible love triangle is so dull to watch. Thats the one storyline I am not looking forward to this week and possibly next. I might even prefer watching the teens to them.
    I'd even dispute that, the actress failed to do it justice. The press conference stood out as being particularly bad. Inconsistent writing didn't help - one minute she was lighting candles for her, the next she was right as rain in the SU.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd even dispute that, the actress failed to do it justice. The press conference stood out as being particularly bad. Inconsistent writing didn't help - one minute she was lighting candles for her, the next she was right as rain in the SU.

Totally agree it was pathetic
  • StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    'Conor wrote: »

I havent seen enough of her to have a strong impression but i'm also not at all interested in her or this story. Frankly I don't understand why we needed a new character like her to be involved in it, they could have got one of the other female characters to do it - there are pleanty knocking about with a storyline.
  • rocketsaladrocketsalad Posts: 1,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm no Gollum shipper, but Callum and George are basically a couple really aren't they? If I was watching this C4 scene right now and hadn't seen them before, I'd just presume they were

"SO WHY DON'T YOU LET ME IN?" "YOU TELL ME NOTHING!" etc.
  • laurenlawsonlaurenlawson Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Texas. :o:D
  • ReoReo Posts: 8,661
    Forum Member

I did hate that, one moment being a grieving sister and the next she was perfectly fine. But when it came down to it, the few scenes where she was the grieving sister were good to watch, probably more to do with Silas watching her.
  • Dare DevilDare Devil Posts: 118,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    I am just so fed up with love triangles they are boring

So am I. Last year was love triangle/quadrangle galore and you know what they say about having too much of a good thing.... let alone a bad thing!

And it's even worse if a new character is brought in and created just for the purpose of a love triangle!

So unimaginative and boring.
  • StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    I'm no Gollum shipper, but Callum and George are basically a couple really aren't they? If I was watching this C4 scene right now and hadn't seen them before, I'd just presume they were

I think they're more like brothers. Having read the Laurie Duncan interview on DS I think there's zero chance of anything other than friendship, thank god because they've done that story too many times and they're already doing it again with Texas.
  • rocketsaladrocketsalad Posts: 1,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they're more like brothers. Having read the Laurie Duncan interview on DS I think there's zero chance of anything other than friendship, thank god because they've done that story too many times and they're already doing it again with Texas.

Oh don't get me wrong, I don't want to see them hook up anytime soon. They just... already act like it
  • Ready Steady GoReady Steady Go Posts: 39,592
    Forum Member

Ha! Yes, I think they're like an old married couple, but only because they're comfortable with each other, and are good friends.
  • Dare DevilDare Devil Posts: 118,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Joel is no Warren with the threatening talk.
  • belombbelomb Posts: 3,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly thought there was no situation that would make me tolerate George, let alone really, REALLY like him. The more he's away from Moaning Maddie the better.
This discussion has been closed.