Options

Do you look young for your age?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    I turned 43 today and I still have naturally dark brown hair, not found a single grey one yet which I am very pleased about

Happy Birthday, mis.:)

I always thought I would look younger for my age until a morning, a young lady offered me her seat at crowded commuter train.
    (Of course I graciously thanked her and accepted her offer but I was very disappointed.:p)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bloody hell 5 pages to catch up on :eek: :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was very flattered when I got ID'd in a pub the other day. The lady behind the bar was shocked to find out I was twenty five and not seventeen like she thought. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LDN wrote: »
    No, at Emirates LOL! Are you a gooner too?:)
    Button62 wrote: »
    Yep , I is a Gooner ... We're the North Bank. We're the North Bank !!:)

I love you both :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to look much older than my age. I was very tall as a child and got large boobs almost overnight at the age of 11. With the right clothes etc I could drink in pubs without any problem form the age of 13.

Then something happened and by the time I was in my late 30s I could easily get away with knocking 10 years off, although I've been colouring my hair since I was 18 as I started to go grey very young. I can still knock off a few years (5 or so) and people are usually surprised to hear that I'm 55, although 12 years of being married to Mr BB has added a fair few wrinkles.
  • Options
    Double DeckerDouble Decker Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    The other day at work a colleague said she was planning a party next year for a significant birthday and I said 'Ooh, your 40th?' I was mortified when she said it was her 30th :eek:(Luckily we have a laugh and she thought I was joking!:D:o)
  • Options
    KBBJKBBJ Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still get asked for ID at 45. Bizarre.
  • Options
    PretinamaPretinama Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    I'd say I look good for my age. That could be vanity of course!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    I'm 34, got ID'd at the age of 33 last year. Why is it that you always get asked for ID by someone obviously younger than you are? Probably due to the fact I don't really wear make up and still dress like a student, as well as genetics. However, think that might be changing - my dad gave me a pot of anti-aging moisturiser for christmas this year - probably a subtle hint (thanks for that Dad)!
  • Options
    RetrospectiveRetrospective Posts: 3,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in my late fifties but people think I look in my forties. I drink a fair bit of tap water and have been doing for years. I don't dress young and I'm not fat. I don't bother much about skin rountine and just wash my face with simple soap and water then slap on some of their moisturiser. Thats only because my skin feels tight after I wash it. My hair isn't white of gray but their are some white steaks underneath my hair. But I'm not bothered if I get wrinkled and lined and my hair turns white or gray. Its just part of getting older.
  • Options
    neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Young girls who go for the 'Bisto sprayed bimbo' look were odd to look at last week; with a background of bright white snow and wonderful sun shine they looked like orange/brown zombies and age was difficult to judge on some of the poor creatures.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I look really young for my age, despite being 6'3" I still get asked for my ID to buy Cigs - i'm 23 FFS!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone seems to think they look younger than they are these days. My facebook page is always full of...''OMG I got ID'd today in Asda''.....None of these people look particulary young for their age.

You never hear anyone admitting they look old for their age do you? :confused:
  • Options
    user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GOGO2 wrote: »
    Everyone seems to think they look younger than they are these days. My facebook page is always full of...''OMG I got ID'd today in Asda''.....None of these people look particulary young for their age.

You never hear anyone admitting they look old for their age do you? :confused:
    You might want to tell them that people don't get asked for ID because they look young for their age, they get asked because young people know all the tricks in the book and look old for their age. There are many 16 years olds out there who with the right make up and clothes, could easily pass for mid 20's. Employers simply don't want to risk serving underage people.
  • Options
    LadyCakeLadyCake Posts: 3,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I look young according to others but due to my issues I see nothing but flaws and an OAP when looking in the mirror.
    One thing I dislike about looking younger than you are is having people patronise you. Grrr:mad:
  • Options
    suki csuki c Posts: 6,088
    Forum Member
    I'd always looked young for my age - this was me at 32 DbhQX.jpg

I went to do some supply teaching at a comprehensive school about then, and the first morning I got lost looking for my class and was shouted at by the headmaster who didn't know I was his newest staff member - being only 4'11" didn't help!!!

Now the menopause and too much wine have taken it's toll (though I do try to stay out of the sun!) and this is me at nearly 60 :o
    loBIH.jpg
  • Options
    roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm 28 but could easily pass for 21 I've been told. Most of my mates are the same they look younger then they are some even still get ID'd :eek:

Im 45 , but look 40, but if I dyed my grey hair I can llok in my early 30s, so appearance can make a diffences
  • Options
    BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm 17, haven't been clubbing or anything so can't go by that,
    but have been told I could get away with 18/19, maybe a bit older, but act very mature for my age :)
  • Options
    justpootlingjustpootling Posts: 3,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    roland rat wrote: »
    Im 45 , but look 40, but if I dyed my grey hair I can llok in my early 30s, so appearance can make a diffences

Well, Roland Rat is supposed to be grey! :D
  • Options
    j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    Psychosis wrote: »
    Or only people who look younger than they are have replied.

Doubtful!
  • Options
    susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 59, but have been told that I could pass for mid-40s. I do dye my hair, it would be pepper-and-salt otherwise, and I've always taken good care of my skin, so I don't have too many wrinkles. It's very flattering when someone is genuinely surprised when you tell them how old you are, especially blokes!
  • Options
    MexieMexie Posts: 724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New people I meet are generally surprised that I am nearly 29, but who knows if that's just being polite? I find it really hard to guess people's ages, and don't want to offend, so usually go for something at the lower limit of what I think their real age might be.

I think I could pass for early 20s but could easily be older too. I don't have any lines yet but have noticed a very slight difference above my eyes in the past few months. I dress quite casual which makes a difference I think - smarter looks older.

http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a425/Mexie1/pic2.jpg (I'm the girl)
  • Options
    Claudette MonetClaudette Monet Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    I'm 54 and look mid-40's, or so I'm told. As I've said on another thread though, it doesn't help on dating sites where age is the first thing people see! I have thought of changing it, but what if I meet someone, the lies would go on and on, so I just persevere.....
    CM
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mexie wrote: »
    New people I meet are generally surprised that I am nearly 29, but who knows if that's just being polite? I find it really hard to guess people's ages, and don't want to offend, so usually go for something at the lower limit of what I think their real age might be.

I think I could pass for early 20s but could easily be older too. I don't have any lines yet but have noticed a very slight difference above my eyes in the past few months. I dress quite casual which makes a difference I think - smarter looks older.

http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a425/Mexie1/pic2.jpg (I'm the girl)

To me, you look about 25.
  • Options
    shantomshantom Posts: 2,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm 18 but a few months ago i was asked for I-D to buy a 15 DVD, i was offended,

I can still get on a bus for as a child, they don't even ask.

Haha I used to do that but shortly after I turned 18 they didn't buy it. It cost me peanuts to get to work and back every week :D