Options

Simcity 5 on the way?

Comments

• Options
    muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think the online bit is going to cause problems. You can still play solo, it's just that you need to log in to the server every time you launch the game. I'm not entirely happy with that but it's no big deal at the end of the day.

What does annoy me though is the cost of the digital deluxe game. I'm quite keen on the London city set and that is only available in digital deluxe. And the cost. £65 :eek:
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^Ouch how can they justify that for a digital download?

I was looking forward to the games, but after this trailer - not so much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpzh1FBBVqk&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • Options
    muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^Ouch how can they justify that for a digital download?

I was looking forward to the games, but after this trailer - not so much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpzh1FBBVqk&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    That's only if want want to play with other people. As far as I'm aware single player is still available.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^Well it wasn't just the multiplayer it was just something about the graphics that made me unsure. Seems a bit too "plop and play".
  • Options
    oruaneruoruaneru Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    That' s interesting~~
  • Options
    deivu74deivu74 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to play this but I have Originophobia. :(
  • Options
    Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if the digital deluxe edition will be available after launch? As the limited version will not be according to origin,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if anyone pre orders the sim city, they got £40 off their next purchase
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New video showing off new strategy. Have to say its starting to get me excited.

http://youtu.be/YceL2C4TW4Q
  • Options
    WellHiddenMarkWellHiddenMark Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot wait for this 'Back to basics' remaster of Sim City. I played the sh*t out of the original on my Elonex 386 PC. Never got on with any of the subsequent releases,
  • Options
    rodenboyrodenboy Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im really looking forward to this. February can't come quick enough!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been pushed to march. I think march 5th. I'm excited as well for the game but would love to play the beta. Was going to pre order the collector edition at game but they didn't hav the 2 other cities like German and French city
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if they'll go down the expansion pack route proper this time. Rush Hour seemed the tip of the iceberg last time around.

You could easily have 4 EP's just on regional architecture. ie. Europe, North America, Latin/South America and Australasia.
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Man this game is waaaay too expensive tbh
  • Options
    boxxboxx Posts: 5,335
    Forum Member
    2013. The year of the stupidly priced PC games.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What do you expect when EA are involved.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah but The Sims 3 is from EA too and that was €50, yet this one is €60

I'm not sure if I'll buy it tbh
  • Options
    Forum Member
    For anyone interrested, I found a reliable website which sells Simcity for €40

Not sure if i'm allowed to post the link here though
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For anyone interrested, I found a reliable website which sells Simcity for €40

Not sure if i'm allowed to post the link here though

It's okay, it's only EA.
  • Options
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    The price is stupidly high.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The price is stupidly high.

tbh €40,- is not as expensive for a new game these days

Even The Sims 3 is still €40
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tbh €40,- is not as expensive for a new game these days

Even The Sims 3 is still €40

Yet I bought Sim city4 not so long ago for 3 quid. I watched the tutorial for SC5 before ea yanked it off Youtube. If that represents the final scale of the game, then I have doubts. So much seperation of the cities which are themselves tiny, and load screens between cities, I know it's still early, but reports will flood out during the beta demo thing and stuff like no land sculpting is set in stone.

I've gone from no way, when I heard about the always online, to interested when I saw the stat overlays and EA marketing put up a reasonable case for always online, to having serious concerns about the game coming from a SC4 lover. I hate all this cater to the casual gamer crap. It's such a cop out. March will tell if they dropped the ball.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^I agree, but if I remember right SC4 was marketed at both casual gamer and SC fans and managed the balance quite well.

The separation of cities is the least of my concerns, not really liking the stylised buildings. I get that they're trying to make it unique (and previous incarnations had stylisation) but this seems a little too bland for my tastes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ^I agree, but if I remember right SC4 was marketed at both casual gamer and SC fans and managed the balance quite well.

The separation of cities is the least of my concerns, not really liking the stylised buildings. I get that they're trying to make it unique (and previous incarnations had stylisation) but this seems a little too bland for my tastes.

They've also used the building design to insult the modding community. Their 'complexity' means Origin will be rife with purchasables on top of the insulting rrp.
    It's ironic that I get shafted if I choose to purchase online the game that forces me to be online to play it! That said, I am going to withhold judgement until after the beta. A lot of what I've seen/read could be put down to early builds/media/misinformation, but the more I see...:(