Jimmy Saville to be revealed as a paedophile? (Part 7)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hard to know if this is true or not
    http://www.thepaedotrial.com/?page_id=104
  • luckylegsluckylegs Posts: 7,400
    Forum Member
    outraged

Celebrity Saudi preacher 'raped' and tortured his five-year-old daughter to death
    He's paid money, now free from jail after only serving a few months

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2273171/Fayhan-al-Ghamdi-raped-tortured-daughter-5-death-escapes-light-sentence.html#axzz2JweSGQcI

money talks

WTF is wrong with these people.

:mad:
    Forum Member
    KidPoker wrote: »
    C4 confront Harry Kasir then he used to run it.

They should have confronted pop stars and politicians with their cameras.

Why should they?

Why pop stars and politicians why not everyone?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lucy manning ‏@lucymanning
    Diocese of East Anglia confirm Revd Tony McSweeney assisting police with enquiries on child abuse allegations. Says cooperating with police
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 374
    Forum Member
    luckylegs wrote: »
    Why should they?

Because senior politicians and a very famous pop star are apparently on the guest list. Although letting the police, the NSPCC and the investigative journalists just get on with the investigation would seem to be the best course of action.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Black VelvetBlack Velvet Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sunday People ‏@thesundaypeople
    EXC: Catholic priest Father Tony McSweeney arrested in Operation Fernbridge was appointed as chaplain of Norwich City FC by Delia Smith.
  • KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    luckylegs wrote: »
    Why should they?

I was referring to the list, whom names people who are mostly all dead except politicians and a few pop stars and 1-2 other people in other professions. :rolleyes:

But yes, as I have always said throughout this thread if you had been following all should be brought to account.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    C4 confront Harry Kasir then he used to run it.

They should have confronted pop stars and politicians with their cameras.

LoudGeoffW wrote: »
    Because senior politicians and a very famous pop star are apparently on the guest list. Although letting the police, the NSPCC and the investigative journalists just get on with the investigation would seem to be the best course of action.

A list compiled by who ? should cameras be shoved in the face of people based upon unsubstantiated rumour , or should police investigate a case and act according to the facts ?

And the media need to think and tread very carefully, go shoving cameras in peoples faces and making accusations which are broadcast to the country could jeapordise any future trial should that person be charged. I would far rather know nothing now if that is how it has to be if it means the right people stand trial at a later date when enough is found to charge them. Instead of people not facing trial as a fight for viewing figures means they cannot be charged.

My thirst for news comes way down the list when it comes to correct and fair procedure and justice for a victim.
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Things have changed: What are the effects of Leveson on the media & its relationship with the police. http://flip.it/yee31

Source:- https://twitter.com/mwilliamsthomas/statuses/299258332072517633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A list compiled by who ? should cameras be shoved in the face of people based upon unsubstantiated rumour , or should police investigate a case and act according to the facts ?

A list that was found with one of the former owners / person who ran the guest house, that's who, along with times, photos and other private information.

Ah, yes, because they carried out their investigation fully when they raided the Elms House in the 1980's and were warned some "high profile people could be inside", they were also watching the house and had undercover police officers inside, and yet nothing ever came of it even though they had personally witnessed abuse being carried out by guilty parties.

What about those facts? We should all of a sudden sit back and let the powers that be carrying out their investigation? They need to be held to account, the people need to push and push before it all gets swept under the carpet once again to protect more high profile abuse, because you can be rest assured this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Mary Moss is certainly correct when she said the original investigation went no where because of the high profile names involved, who stretched and collaborated with higher members in society in a disgusting perverted web of cruelty and abuse.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A list that was found with one of the former owners / person who ran the guest house, that's who, along with times, photos and other private information.

Ah, yes, because they carried out their investigation fully when they raided the Elms House in the 1980's and were warned some "high profile people could be inside", they were also watching the house and had undercover police officers inside, and yet nothing ever came of it even though they had personally witnessed abuse being carried out by guilty parties.

What about those facts? We should all of a sudden sit back and let the powers that be carrying out their investigation? They need to be held to account, the people need to push and push before it all gets swept under the carpet once again to protect more high profile abuse, because you can be rest assured this is just the tip of the iceberg.

Then it should be investigated by the police, are you aware that a person could avoid a trial if it is deemed said trial would not be a fair one. Too much media scrabbling could see that happen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The police have all the evidence - witness statements, what their own officers witnessed inside the guest house, the work of their own original investigation, photos, times etc, dozens of abused children now adults.

Or will that all be conveniently hushed up?
    Forum Member
    I was referring to the list, whom names people who are mostly all dead except politicians and a few pop stars and 1-2 other people in other professions. :rolleyes:

But yes, as I have always said throughout this thread if you had been following all should be brought to account.

Naming and shaming isn't about bringing people to account or anything to do with justice which is my point. I don`t get why celebrities should be exposed in tabloid newspapers or on blogs for that matter or on the news before a trial.
    Forum Member
    LoudGeoffW wrote: »

You missed my point.
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ( pardon another long post :o ) MWT has been particularly vocal on twitter today about changes needed.

Has he ever said why/how he left the police force? whether he was made redundant, fired or chose to leave? he seems particularly vocal about whats wrong with the system but I can't help but wonder what his background is?. Maybe its bad of me to wonder but I do get a little curious when I see him being so vocal and sceptical - it makes me wonder what his ex-colleagues think of him now, if he's seen publically as having many issues with the system? he's tweeted about writing to various judges etc. to request changes to sentences among many other things.

I'm not saying he's wrong about the things he criticises, im just curious - maybe he left on principle because he was disillusioned with how things were run? most sites I've seen that mention him just say, at most, that he left the Surrey police force in 2008 to bring his investigative journalism skills to broadcasting and is a child protection expert - does being a detective equate to being a journalist?. I wonder when I see multiple tweets in the same day complaining so fervently about things - if he's such an expert then can't he help to bring about these changes they apparently really need? maybe im unfair, I don't know. It seems maybe a little strange to have had a good career as a detective and choose to end it to turn to what I gather is mainly freelance work, working on a few TV shows and offering to do speeches at events etc.? surely there's a more stable income available in the police force?.

On the other hand again though, maybe its more noble if he really didn't like how things were run, if he chose to take a more risky route and leave to be able to be more vocal away from officially working in the force?. I don't know what to make of him sometimes... opinion has seemed divided here too?.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paraic O'Brien ‏@paraicobrien
    Both men arrested today as part of operation #Fernbridge have now been bailed pending further inquiries to a date in April.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Revealed: Face of boy abused in Elm House scandal as Catholic priest and head of boys' home are arrested

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2274703/Revealed-Face-boy-abused-Elm-House-scandal-Catholic-priest-head-boys-home-arrested.html#ixzz2KACGGylM
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trailer for today's arrests at start of ITV News on ITV+1. I saw several tweets saying it was very good. Probably c. 11.20pm.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starting now on ITV+1.
    Mary Moss saying boys were abused there.
    Lucy Manning talking about the Elm Guest House documents which are on the internet. Showing them with the names blurred out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stuart Hall appears before Preston Magistrates tomorrow.
  • jamtamarajamtamara Posts: 2,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It really isn't. Its more akin to having a healthy scepticism about the daily fail.

I have a healthy sceptism about posters with more than one identity. For example, I notice that a 'jake patterson' has joined recently. (GD thread about racism he has started.) That is a very, very similar name to someone else.

I am not saying that either or all of of these people are you even though you have ceased to post although no longer 'inactive'.

We all have suspicious minds on occasion which as you say is healthy enough. It does not prove or disprove anything.
  • Bus Stop2012Bus Stop2012 Posts: 5,624
    Forum Member
    jamtamara wrote: »
    I have a healthy sceptism about posters with more than one identity. For example, I notice that a 'jake patterson' has joined recently. (GD thread about racism he has started.) That is a very, very similar name to someone else.

I am not saying that either or all of of these people are you even though you have ceased to post although no longer 'inactive'.

We all have suspicious minds on occasion which as you say is healthy enough. It does not prove or disprove anything.

I thought it was against the rules to start accusing FMs in that way.
    You're right, I don't post, because all that this thread is left with are a few obsessives with an unhealthy thirst for one of the sickest subjects there is. The police get paid for dealing with nasty stuff, whats your excuse.
This discussion has been closed.