Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Badcat wrote: »
    thanks Fiz for putting into words what I've been trying to type.. cold has finally got the better of my brain *blows nose and goes to bed*

Thanks Badcat, have a tipple to clear your sinuses.
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly re Ronan & same applies to Gloria Hunniford for setting up her daughter's foundation in her daughter's name.
    He's set this up but I think I've seen one tweet from him in the last week about it & he managed to squeeze in he was partly funding it:rolleyes: In my opinion he should be hammering his tweets with info etc about it to help raise money while it still fresh in people's minds but one tweet!:mad:

And her daughter was pretty famous wasn't she whereas only ppl watching PA show will have a clue who his brother was.

Maybe having it in PA's name will mean more money coming in, which in the end is really all that matters isn't it? More money to help fight the disease? Or isn't that important enough to the negative posters on this thread?

He wouldn't be able to win either way.

Have it in his brothers name and ppl here would go "oh! Why didn't PA put his name behind it to help raise the profile and raise more money, It's not all about him!".

Have it in his name and it's all "oh! The fame (insert some of the rude names ppl have been calling him on this thread), It's all about him!"

*rolls eyes, gets a 5*

right.. definitely going to bed now... *coughs feebly* night everyone
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member
    Well obviously.
    It's NOT about raising awareness of anything but PA.:mad:
    Give it a week or two and the hilariously hopeless manbaby will have handed over control of the whole "foundation" to someone else and will be back to the shameless, disgusting famewhoring he does best.
    He's a self-centred abomination imho.:(

I really do not think he gives a rat's backside about anyone other than himself.:yawn:

It wouldn't bother me for a nano second to be proved wrong by PA & he actually manned up, got down to business, got his hands dirty & helped raise tonnes of money for Cancer Research but unfortunately I fear he'll be like a kid with a new toy.........
    Forum Member
    Badcat wrote: »
    And her daughter was pretty famous wasn't she whereas only ppl watching PA show will have a clue who his brother was.

Maybe having it in PA's name will mean more money coming in, which in the end is really all that matters isn't it? More money to help fight the disease? Or isn't that important enough to the negative posters on this thread?

He wouldn't be able to win either way.

Have it in his brothers name and ppl here would go "oh! Why didn't PA put his name behind it to help raise the profile and raise more money, It's not all about him!".

Have it in his name and it's all "oh! The fame (insert some of the rude names ppl have been calling him on this thread), It's all about him!"

*rolls eyes, gets a 5*

right.. definitely going to bed now... *coughs feebly* night everyone

I think we need to agree to disagree on this.........
    As I said in my last post, if he actually does go ahead & helps raise shed loads of money for CRUK I would be delighted & I'd probably see a side to him I didn't know was there until then I maintain it's all Me Me Me with him.

But surely it wouldn't take a genius to work out the Andrew Andre Foundation was connected to PA? Taking the money the Foundation raised to one side, would it not have been a lovely gesture from PA to name it after Andrew?
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    I didn't mind him tonight on JR, not too much of an abomination and that old clip was very funny
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we need to agree to disagree on this.........
    As I said in my last post, if he actually does go ahead & helps raise shed loads of money for CRUK I would be delighted & I'd probably see a side to him I didn't know was there until then I maintain it's all Me Me Me with him.

He already does a lot for charity.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why are all the quotes going wrong? :(
    Forum Member
    Fizgig wrote: »
    He already does a lot for charity.

Genuinely didn't know this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly doubt it.
    Unless it's raising awareness of Peter Andre, I wouldn't have thought he'd be interested.
    As for him talking about symptoms or signs of illness, let alone letting people know when they should consult a doctor, no-one should EVER take advice from someone who has proven not only that he knows nothing about the illness that sadly killed his brother, he is a damn liar aswell.
    Andrew was just 54 when he passed away last December from liver and kidney cancer.

Now Peter, 40, hopes to help prevent other families from going through the heartache his loved-ones have by raising funds to run buses that will tour the country acting as drop-in cancer check-up centres.

Announcing his news on This Morning today, Peter told hosts Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby: "Basically I've teamed up with Cancer Research UK and if we raise half a million a year, we can fund these two buses to go around the country.

"And for people like me - stubborn people who don't go and get checked up - if you see a bus and you're in your lunch break and you know there's cancer nurses on board, you know there's a private room, no appointments, you can just walk on.

"And if you've got the slightest thing bothering you, you can go and get checked up.

He will need to raise a lot of money to provide these buses, which might be why he's gone for the PA name.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Genuinely didn't know this.

André was entered into the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children's Hall of Fame in 2008.

Charities & Foundations Supported - Caudwell Children, Children In Need, NSPCC, Wellbeing of Women.

Causes Supported - Abuse, Cancer, Children, Health, Homelessness, Mental Challenges, Physical Challenges, Substance Abuse, Women.
    Celebrity guests gathered in London’s City Hall last week (26 March), as UK charity Young Epilepsy hosted its very first Champions Awards.
    http://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/peter-andr
  • QueeniepopsQueeniepops Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He will need to raise a lot of money to provide these buses, which might be why he's gone for the PA name.

He said tonight on JR they've got two buses going round the UK next week. Positively evil, of course....according to some.:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=Queeniepops;65602093 [/QUOTE] He said tonight on JR they've got two buses going round the UK next week. Positively evil, of course....according to some.:cool:[/QUOTE]
    Just a selfish abomination. Cue the posts...
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So far the foundation has raised £1,650 .. .. In all honesty not as much as id expected
    .and I have donated to it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He said tonight on JR they've got two buses going round the UK next week. Positively evil, of course....according to some.:cool:
    Just a selfish abomination. Cue the posts...[/QUOTE]

I hear you !!!!!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No one has called him evil.. But he is an abomination
  • Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    whatever54 wrote: »
    I didn't mind him tonight on JR, not too much of an abomination and that old clip was very funny

:D:D...That was hilarious!

Very embarrassing for him though.:D
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wouldn't bother me for a nano second to be proved wrong by PA & he actually manned up, got down to business, got his hands dirty & helped raise tonnes of money for Cancer Research but unfortunately I fear he'll be like a kid with a new toy.........

He's already announced that his foundation will "fully fund the London mobile unit this year and in years to come" which is reportedly going to cost £500,000/year. He's been involved with other charities such as NSPCC and Caudwell Children for several years and raised hundreds of thousands of pounds for them so I don't think there's any grounds to question his commitment. He's made a very public pledge so if he fails to deliver I'm sure he knows he'll receive a lot of criticism. As to why some people seem to be willing it to fail when it's only just been launched leaves me :confused:
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Nicola32 wrote: »
    :D:D...That was hilarious!

Very embarrassing for him though.:D

I was cringing so much but was very funny and he took it well, haha little wannabe Michael Jackson
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In all honesty senseiSam I am disappointed his fans haven't got behind such a good cause.. With all the publicity he has done for his foundation I expected more..and I don't blame him for it not getting more ... As he has been on tv and done interviews to promote it
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree Betty, it's a shame the Just Giving page is off to a slowish start but I doubt that's going to be the only means of fundraising - isn't he organising a ball later this year? Perhaps he'll release the song Robin Gibb wrote for him in aid of the Foundation. Hope so. Nice to know you donated - me too :)
  • Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    whatever54 wrote: »
    I was cringing so much but was very funny and he took it well, haha little wannabe Michael Jackson

Oh..Definitely cringeworthy.:D

He hasn't outgrown the Michael Jackson thing though.:eek: :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    I agree Betty, it's a shame the Just Giving page is off to a slowish start but I doubt that's going to be the only means of fundraising - isn't he organising a ball later this year? Perhaps he'll release the song Robin Gibb wrote for him in aid of the Foundation. Hope so. Nice to know you donated - me too :)

I don't like the man..but the. Bus idea is a great one and if it saves one life it will be worth every penny I've donated ..
  • di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member

He's crying over his dead brother, hardly a manbaby, and to compare it to the BIB, how vile.

A few posters have been complaining about the other thread being over the line, yet they're here making the worst comments they can think of.

Let me tell you what's really "vile".... the way you twist and turn things..... I was responding to your saying "PA is known for being a cryer, at every emotional situation. Why ask him not to be who he is
    " I was NOT responding to your saying that he was "crying over his dead brother"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like the man..but the. Bus idea is a great one and if it saves one life it will be worth every penny I've donated ..

Fair play Betty, better to try.....:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair play Betty, better to try.....:D[

Indeed ;)
This discussion has been closed.