Why do people hate Robbie Williams?

Comments

• Grand DizzyGrand Dizzy Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member
    He should advertise Marmite. He would be perfect!
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    They're touring together aren't they? I literally can not imagine a worse gig than that pair of dad dancing, gurning, karaoke clowns smarming their way through a succession of bad cheese.

I suppose the only way it could get any worse if they announced the Andre as special guest :eek:

:D:D:D

The stuff of nightmares!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »

The stuff of nightmares!

Totally. I shudder just thinking about it!
  • LiverpoolFCGirlLiverpoolFCGirl Posts: 15,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I love him.

He's awesome. :D
    Forum Member

The stuff of nightmares!
    Don’t forget Jedward and Cheeky Girls! :D
  • quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    I'd tell you why but I don't want to be banned :D
  • PopRocketPopRocket Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don’t forget Jedward and Cheeky Girls! :D

Oi leave jedward alone!!!:mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    He's self confident, highly successful and seems to have it all. He's everything the British can't stomach. Says more about them than it does about him.
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    Can anyone give an actual reason other than "he's annoying"?

I don't hate RW, that's far too strong a term, but I do find him an irritating twonk. Reasons as they occur and in no special order -

1. I heard from someone who used to work for him what went on behind closed doors. Allegedly, the debauchery and abusive behaviour witnessed was truly disgusting.

2. Prating around on stage. RW is supposed to be a singer, not a comedian or clown. If he doesn't take his art seriously, why should I.

3. Ego and mental stability. RW comes across as having a planet-sized ego, and being genuinely quite strange. If one day I read a headline that he'd done something dreadful, it would come as no surprise.
    Forum Member
    PopRocket wrote: »
    Oi leave jedward alone!!!:mad:
    Don’t tell me… you see Robbie Williams as a cheap, cheesy, tacky, talentless, gimmicky, smarmy, irritating sell-out?

You prefer real musicians like Jedward! :D
    Forum Member
    Just for the record, in case anyone hadn’t noticed. I made this thread 7 years ago! I was quite shocked when someone brought it back a couple of weeks ago. (Cheers for that! :D)

You know, in 7 years, I’ve been through so much in my life and in my Christian faith, and have changed so drastically as a person that it’s like people here are responding to a totally different person. I’d still defend Robbie of course, but I would not start such a thread: I’ve simply accepted that saying (or thinking) cruel things about other people is human nature and we’re all guilty of that. I have now come to really hate the cruelty of humans and instead, I have turned to Jesus, my Lord and inspiration, the only flawless human who ever walked this earth and, I believe, the only way to the Father in heaven. You might say “I’m loving divine beings instead”! ;) [Ba-dum tshh!]

So however flawed Robbie may be, God bless him, I say. And God bless those who hate him. I can’t condemn anyone because I am more concerned about my own failings than those of other people’s. I would much rather talk about what an idiot I am actually. I am SUCH an idiot! :D But I know someone loves me.
  • trvwatsontrvwatson Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    I would say that in Take that he was just the plain cheeky one, when his solo career took off- he suddenly emerged with that smug twatty grin that somehow has never left him.
    But then he took it to another level of irritant, and that was the humiliation and bullying he showed Gary Barlow when Gary was suffering from depression and had locked himself away and shunned the limelight (Cruel right)
    Oh and that cringy singing dance thing he did next to his wife when she was in labor pains giving birth, (still cringing from that one)
    This is the reason this nasty little man is disliked, yet because he's also a complete narcissist, he doesn't understand anything other than his own grandiosity.
    Which is the reason he just keeps coming back with his shitty grin and even shittier music. hope i answered your deluded question.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    edited 18/12/19 - 17:51 #289
    That weird, creepy face he pulls in the new Kevin the Carrot Xmas advert is scary. The stuff of nightmares for small children (and adults). I think he must be channeling his inner Hannibal Lecter.
  • pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That weird, creepy face he pulls in the new Kevin the Carrot Xmas advert is scary. The stuff of nightmares for small children (and adults). I think he must be channeling his inner Hannibal Lecter.

He looks like freddo from the chocolate bars
  • yviebabeyviebabe Posts: 6,050
    Forum Member
    He shot to fame with Take That when he was a teenager. He actually found that difficult to cope with, hence the booze, drugs etc. Yes, there was the high profile falling out with Gary Barlow, but in Gary's autobiography he freely admits he was just as horrible to Robbie (Gary battled his own demons in the past). It was thanks to Elton John that Robbie got off the drink and drugs after dragging him to rehab. He's pulled himself up by his bootstraps and I admire him for that. He and Gary have made their peace, a triumph of love and forgiveness. He's a great entertainer, and look at his Wiki stats, he must be doing something right!
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I should imagine neighbour Jimmy Page has good reason to to dislike him. He insisted on carrying out work to his house digging underneath which must have been a nightmare and now it's all done he's moved away!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    He’s too full of himself
  • ZarlaZarla Posts: 5,599
    Forum Member
    You guys are skating on thin ice having a thread title with the word 'hate' in it. It's a word that has shut down many recent threads (see Lilly Allen).
  • ZarlaZarla Posts: 5,599
    Forum Member
    System wrote: »
    I've never met him and have no strong feelings either way.
    I have met him on numerous occasions and he made my sh1t itch.

Wow. The standard of debate here is mind boggling.
  • wordfromthewisewordfromthewise Posts: 2,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t hate him but to me he’s become a bit naff and uncool very very quickly ....more Cliff Richard than a credible pop star.
    He looks very middle aged and cabaret and his awful tattoos have caught up with him and bitten him on the arse.
  • CaptainmouseCaptainmouse Posts: 5,179
    Forum Member
    I don't hate him but I don't like him either. He comes across as a smug womaniser

He’s a total twonk, he can’t actually sing, more like talking to music, very limited vocal range, soooo fake. And as another fm said ‘what’s to like?
    I always switch off when he’s on.
    Forum Member
    I don't hate him...

His music's alright and he's quite sexy ;)

Noooooo and noooooooooooooooooo yeuck! No thanks
  • daisy_johnsdaisy_johns Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like him.

He does a fair bit for charity, he's cleaned up his act and I think he's got a great voice. He's looking better now than 10 years ago and he's a good sport (Michael Macintyre's show proved that).

I bet he's the most successful member solo of take that.
  • LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edited 22/12/19 - 23:26 #300
    Just for the record, in case anyone hadn’t noticed. I made this thread 7 years ago! I was quite shocked when someone brought it back a couple of weeks ago. (Cheers for that! :D)

You know, in 7 years, I’ve been through so much in my life and in my Christian faith, and have changed so drastically as a person that it’s like people here are responding to a totally different person. I’d still defend Robbie of course, but I would not start such a thread: I’ve simply accepted that saying (or thinking) cruel things about other people is human nature and we’re all guilty of that. I have now come to really hate the cruelty of humans and instead, I have turned to Jesus, my Lord and inspiration, the only flawless human who ever walked this earth and, I believe, the only way to the Father in heaven. You might say “I’m loving divine beings instead”! ;) [Ba-dum tshh!]

So however flawed Robbie may be, God bless him, I say. And God bless those who hate him. I can’t condemn anyone because I am more concerned about my own failings than those of other people’s. I would much rather talk about what an idiot I am actually. I am SUCH an idiot! :D But I know someone loves me.

This is not the twist I expected from this 12yo thread.
    Forum Member
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    Phil 2804 wrote:
    He's rich, successful and has sold millions of albums. He sacked Ritchie because contrary to popular belief Ritchie was not the one writing all the hits on his own.

Its the same mentality you get with music "trendies" generally. They'll tell you how much they love some obscure album by a band you've never heard of but as soon as said band gets signed and said album gets into the charts they'll bare faced lie to your face that they ever liked that album lest they become "one of the crowd". Boring people whom I avoid at all costs. :yawn:

You are getting your Guys mixed up! Guy Chambers not Ritchie! He is married to Madonna.

Was