HO - Nancy shouldn't be begging for Darren's forgiveness!!

HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,003
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Despite her issues there is no excuse for cheating on her with Psycho Sienna five minutes after parting and Darren always believing the crap coming out of Sienna's mouth.

I hope Nancy get some justice and they don't cop out like the Esther bullying storyline and forgive and forget.

And why is she letting him dictate to her with her child for ffs.

Comments

• hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree especially after all the things Darrens put his family through, He nearly ruined them because of his gambling addiction:rolleyes:
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly, Darren's one of my favourite HO character but this storyline is pushing the limits he's never been this gullible or someone to just give up on his wife like that without trying to believe Sienna who his not known for long over his wife after everything they've been through.
  • StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    Agree 100%. I don't even think Sienna should take any blame for him cheating. He was so quick to do it.
  • thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When it all gets revealed he'll be crawling back to her, begging for forgiveness but watching Nancy over the years she won't be quick to give it.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've rushed the storyline. It could have been a slow burner for a while but they've been so quick to jump to the meat of the story that it's not quite worked.

It still feels as though they've just met Sienna, her having their trust so much makes zero sense.

But then again, there are 3 murderers walking around the village fine and dandy so it's not the worst story on the show.
  • jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Darren is my fav and I can't watch him because I know I;d be spitting abuse at him and I need a rest from spitting abuse. Just hope that Nancy gets it together and really makes Darren suffer!!!
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nancy should hook up with Jack to make Darren mad :D.
  • HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No thanks TK that would be a bit too over the threshold of wanting to pull my eyes out :D

I actually don't mind the storyline as I'm guessing its leading too a lot more down the line with Sienna's and Patrick characters but its so infuriating to watch at times which I guess is the point and is working but you just want to give Darren a slap for believing that harpie when so much dishonesty and not believing people in his family previously has lead to seriously dangerous paths and him to just give up so easily on Nancy is well a little unbelievable.
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    No thanks TK that would be a bit too over the threshold of wanting to pull my eyes out :D

I actually don't mind the storyline as I'm guessing its leading too a lot more down the line with Sienna's and Patrick characters but its so infuriating to watch at times which I guess is the point and is working but you just want to give Darren a slap for believing that harpie when so much dishonesty and not believing people in his family previously has lead to seriously dangerous paths and him to just give up so easily on Nancy is well a little unbelievable.

Yeah, it is frustrating but interesting to watch. Much like Esther's bullying storyline. The idea of Darren believing Sienna over his own wife is just ridiculous. I mean he described Nancy as "manipulative" and a "liar" - okay, she did lie about taking pills in the past, but she's not a malicious liar nor has she shown any manipulative behaviour in the past. Darren should know that!

It reminds of the bullying storyline when everybody at school blamed Esther for everything even though she was blatantly being bullied! Even Frankie and Jack turned against her in favour of "Innocent" Ruby for christ's sake. The storyline stretched credibility at times even though it was good drama.

That's the problem with these types of storylines. The whole purpose of them is to isolate the character from their families and put them in a state of emotional turmoil. For the storyline to progress, Nancy must get isolated in order for Sienna's plan to move forward. But once again it's been done in a way that stretches the credibility of the storyline.

My guess is, Sienna's going to get all comfortable and cosy as Darren's new "wife" and Oscar's new "mother" for a few months. Tom and Esther will begin some sort of campaign to catch Sienna out, but gullible Darren will continue to believe Sienna's lies. And I think the storyline will probably end when Darren finally catches Sienna doing something naughty - like breast feeding Oscar again :D.
  • SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Harlowe wrote: »
    Despite her issues there is no excuse for cheating on her with Psycho Sienna five minutes after parting and Darren always believing the crap coming out of Sienna's mouth.

I hope Nancy get some justice and they don't cop out like the Esther bullying storyline and forgive and forget. And why is she letting him dictate to her with her child for ffs.

Esther shouldn't have forgiven Sinead and Ruby, yeah it was a cop out, they driven Esthers life to be bullied and to take her own life, while she lived Esther went to hosptial needed a body part to live all because of these two vile bitches all this happen to Esther, they should of suffered not Esther them, they derseve everything thats coming to them.

Ruby shouldn't be living with the Osbornes, shouldn't be friends with Esther and should've been sent back home to her parents in spain. It's great Ruby changed for a better future unlike Sinead who tryed to denie she didn't bully Esther, put the whole blame on Ruby so Sinead makes she the good teen and take a very long dane time owing up to what she has done.

It is great Sinead helped them get of Jen while she became a careless teacher starting her love up again with her student Tilly. Esther made sure Sinead knows she won't forgive her or be her friend again, all that changed since Esther helped deliver Sineads baby and talks with her now and again.

Sinead been having alot of bad things coming her way over the weeks and it's still happening, it's good shes suffering for all the bad things she done to Esther, as for Ruby it's great she has turned her life around. Sinead getting involved with dodgey men and taken their money is not a good way to bring up her daughter and it could get herself killed or badly hurt by any of thses guys if they see her again or Sinead ends up in jail if that happens she'll never see her daughter again.
  • SkyfallSkyfall Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Nancy going to have play Sienna at her own game in order to expose Sienna lies and win back her family. At the moment Sienna has Nancy out to be the lair and unstable one. Sienna going to do much more to Nancy to keep her away from the family Sienna always wanted and she won't stop till Nancy gone for good.

Darren a fool and easily tricked by Sienna, he really needs to wake up before something worse happens to Nancy himself, Oscar and his family before things become to late to change, either way Darren under Sienna's finger and she has Oscar and Darren by her side, she'll never let them go, if Sienna gets more pushed over the edge she may try to kill herself along with Oscar and Darren, if Darren finally belives Nancy about Sienna, she finds Darren no longer by her side, Sienna may take Oscar and go on the run, if she can't have Darren she'll take baby Oscar, go on the run and disappear forever with Darren's son.

If Nancy really becomes a problem to Sienna she could kill Nancy, if Sienna really wants to keep Darren and baby Oscar by her side then Sienna may have to kill Nancy as a last resort, killing Nancy will be the last thing she'll do if framing Nancy no longer works then killing Nancy what Sienna will have to do. I hope Sienna doesn't kill anyone but since she is unstable Sienna capable of anything, we never know what she'll do next and has a alot of tricks up her selve.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess she had to be the one to go round to see Darren tonight so that she could walk in on Sienna calling herself 'mummy' to baby Oscar. However if they had to make her visit Darren it could have been with an issue to do with Oscar or something. To have her going round to see him all apologetic like that was really annoying because Nancy's addiction does not in any way excuse Darren's cheating! :rolleyes:

Also, as I said in the episode thread, I didn't really like Nancy complaining to John Paul about Darren sleeping with 'the Nanny'. The tone she was speaking with was more fed up than heartbroken and it didn't really fit. That, coupled with Nancy being the one to go and apologise to Darren, seemed a very out of character reaction for a character like Nancy who is normally so fiery.
    However that's probably the point. She's been isolated by Sienna now and worn down by the painkiller addiction so she's lost the strength to fight. I hope she can get some of that fighting spirit back and fight for Oscar.

I've never particularly liked Nancy or Darren together so I don't care if they reunite or not but I do like Darren and don't enjoy how gullible they are making him look. I never thought they'd actually go as far as having him cheat on Nancy either. :mad:
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hollyoaks can't do......... properly??? I forgot the word?

I think it begins with R

Its when the evil person literally gets away with it and theres no real repercussions to them and everyone forgives them!

anyone know what the word is? its been said about Mercedes on here!

I want Darren to suffer for his wrong mistake! I thought he finally grew up and his plank days were long gone!

Nancy should get custody of Oscar!
  • TheJ693TheJ693 Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Darren is never on Nancy's side. I can't believe people actually like this character. He's such an idiot. Remember that time he was gonna divorce Nancy cause Oscar was premature? :rolleyes: And then he goes and has sex with Sienna.

Honestly Nancy deserves better.
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheJ693 wrote: »
    Darren is never on Nancy's side. I can't believe people actually like this character. He's such an idiot. Remember that time he was gonna divorce Nancy cause Oscar was premature? :rolleyes: And then he goes and has sex with Sienna.

Honestly Nancy deserves better.

Do you know what the word from my above post is?
    its annoying that I cant figure it out!
  • unknown17unknown17 Posts: 3,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »
    Hollyoaks can't do.....??? I forgot the word?

I think it begins with R

Its when the evil person literally gets away with it and theres no real repercussions to them and everyone forgives them!

anyone know what the word is? its been said about Mercedes on here!

I want Darren to suffer for his wrong mistake! I thought he finally grew up and his plank days were long gone!

Nancy should get custody of Oscar!

I think it might be redemption?

As in "_____ can't be redeemed"
  • LiverpoolFCGirlLiverpoolFCGirl Posts: 15,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or perhaps retribution? That would fit quite well too?
  • wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hetty100 wrote: »
    I agree especially after all the things Darrens put his family through, He nearly ruined them because of his gambling addiction:rolleyes:

It's ridiculous, he said the reason he can't forgive her or trust her is because she knows what it feels like to be put through an addict lying to you so she should have known better, surely he should know you cannot control an addiction. Also, she got addicted to prescription meds that were supposed to help her, how was she to know she would become dependent on them.
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    Darren's treatment of Nancy is very similar to a lot of soaps where people turn against someone so easily they have known and love and also fail to admit their own failings and judge others. You saw the same thing with the Tyrone storyline in Corrie, Hollyoaks' Esther bullying storyline, and I'm sure there are tons of other examples of it. I think that type of storyline is fine once in a while, but it seems to be repeated too much. I wish we could for once see someone having compassion for someone else and admit that they themselves have made mistakes, but they rarely approach anything this way
  • kushtiimayteekushtiimaytee Posts: 9,732
    Forum Member
    I don't get why Nancy just doesn't take Oscar and leave. But Sienna has done a wonderful job of messing with her head.
  • BabanBaban Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nancy can't take Oscar as she'd never win a custody battle because of her addiction
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sienna and Darren both need a hefty slap.
  • fairyfruitcakefairyfruitcake Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think Nancy went to see Darren to beg for forgiveness, having just spoken to Sandy, it felt more like her trying again to pick up the pieces and find a way of getting her family back together. Nancy's confidence must be at an all time low - just think about what she has been through. Miscarriage/Emergency Caesarian/ Oscar's illness/her mother's death - no real support from anyone. Mitzeee's left and Sienna has been working away manipulating and distorting the situation. None of this has happened overnight, its been a steady drip, drip of events right back to before her marriage to Darren. Nancy is a fighter though and she has had a lot to overcome in her life and I think she will come back stronger with or without Darren, but maybe not just yet. I think its got to get worse before its going to get better
  • RinsewindRinsewind Posts: 7,108
    Forum Member
    What I don't understand is why Nancy is staying at the McQueens' - Apart from the usual comment about it being like the Tardis, I don't recall her ever being friends with them.
  • kaylz23kaylz23 Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    Sienna, Will, Patrick and Anna are all nuts!

I just want Sienna found out, I don't like it when stroy lines drag on and I have a feeling this one will :mad: