True Blood - Season 6 (US Pace)

Comments

• SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, that finale was really...Random?

Can't believe how fast Warlow was killed off. The worst villain in this show so far! Really surprised by how easy it was for Niall to come back.

Don't think Eric died when it showed him lose his Warlow blood either. I'm guessing Pam got there just in time to save him. Though, he was burning quite a lot. :p

Really enjoying Violet. Think she's an excited addition to the cast.

The six months skip was ok, I guess. Sam being the new mayor of the town and the randomness of Sookie and Alcide hooking up. I am glad that he has a purpose in the show now, as I liked him as a character when he first appeared in the show. Also, that haircut makes him look a lot better!:p

Good to see the old Bill back, and I'm sure Sookie will be all over him next season.;)

Excited to see what happenes next sesaon with the virus carrying vampires.
  • LiverpoolFCGirlLiverpoolFCGirl Posts: 15,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was indeed a very random finale.

I can't help but suspect that Taras mother tested positive and is trying to contaminate her. :eek: At least we've seen the back of Warlow. It feels like they couldn't decide whether or not to make him a good guy or a bad guy and then just gave up and got rid of him.

I'll be extremely annoyed if Eric is dead. I don't see how he could feasibly be alive with no cover in sight. Pam would no longer be able to walk in the sun to save him without burning herself either. :confused: Still anything is possible with this show, and hopefully she managed it somehow!

Not keen on the idea of vampire zombies if I'm honest but I'll keep an open mind. Must agree that Alcide and Sookie hooking up does feel somewhat random and I don't like the pairing. Like all other relationships on this show though I'm sure it won't last long anyway!

I must admit, although I've felt let down in the last couple of episodes I'm still gutted that it's over for another year. :(
  • nats18nats18 Posts: 8,139
    Forum Member
    Is Eric dead I can't watch the whole ep it freezes on my computer I got to the bit he was getting up from the chair and started frying. Seeing as him and Pam are the only interesting characters in it I think if he really is gone I'm done as I've been going off it for a while anyway
  • LiverpoolFCGirlLiverpoolFCGirl Posts: 15,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We didn't actually see him die. It cut to another scene whilst he was still frying and then there was no further mention of it so I guess we'll have to wait until next year to find out if he was somehow saved or just turned to goo. :eek:
  • anotherlongersanotherlongers Posts: 1,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We didn't actually see him die. It cut to another scene whilst he was still frying and then there was no further mention of it so I guess we'll have to wait until next year to find out if he was somehow saved or just turned to goo. :eek:

I haven't watched the episode yet, but you don't seriously for a second think that the makers of True Blood would get rid of Eric? He's the only asset the show has left, they'd lose droves of Fangirls (and boys) if Eric left the show. They might be terrible writers but they're not suicidal just yet :)
  • Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I too agree Tara is contaminated, her mom is just a selfish Christ loving bitch who would rather her daughter die than live as a vampire.

It was a bit of a let down, for me, too easily tied up everything.

Alcide and sookie seems wrong.

Eric is definitely not dead, no f in way

Great season though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    I thought the season finale was the weakest one of the 6 seasons.

Warlow was a waste of screentime. The character had so much potential and they messed him up big time. I liked him revealing his true persona though and Rob nailed it.

I am disappointed that Sookie had to be rescued yet again. I wish they had let her kill Warlow. The girl seems to go around in circles in terms of character progresion and it looks like they're reverting her back to season 1 Sookie in the time jump with the sundress and church outift.

I thought the time jump was pointless. Just a way of sweeping Bills' Billith period under the carpet. How may times can he be redeemed?
    Of course Sookie couldn't be single after the time jump either:rolleyes: I doubt it will last though.

Violet still annoys the hell out of me. Jason is under the thrall of her blood so it's not really a healthy relationship.

As for Eric, how cheap was it of HBO to tease that we'll see more of Eric than ever before in a provocative scene just to have him naked and burning to death? If that's the last we'll ever see of Eric I will be disappointed.Eric deserved better than and Alexander Skarsgard deserved better than to be pimped out to tittle viewers. It would have been better to leave his ending with him flying away from Pam in the previous episode. Also why was Pam cut out of the 6 months later? Are they cutting her out of True Blood now as well since she isn't a Bon Temps resident?
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Sorry, but I liked that finale. I know there are some hardcore Eric fans out there but seriously, I doubt he's dead. The writers would've given him a better ending than that. Pam probably saved him/will save him next season.

And if he is dead, the show can and will survive without him. I like Eric but he's not the be all and end all of the series.

The episode itself was good though, certainly better than last season's finale.

I like Sookie and Alcide being a couple. I hope they're given a proper chance and that Bill reverting to his old self doesn't mean that she goes back to him.

Warlow - he was wasted all season and his death was welcomed to be honest. Nice to see Niall again. Hopefully they do something interesting with him next season.

I've grown to like Adylin as a character too and the Andy/Jessica scene was great. I'm glad he didn't kill her though.

Violet and Jason are strange together. Not sure how I really feel about it.

Am I the only one who thinks Tara has more chemistry with Willa than she does with Pam? I hope Lettie Mae was being sincere with trying to help Tara than killing her.

Arlene taking over Merlottes, Bill writing a book and Sam becoming mayor are interesting enough plotlines for me. I actually like that the show forwarded to six months as well. Should help freshen things up.

The horde of rabid looking vampires at the end was a nice cliffhanger. Sort of a mashup of The Walking Dead and The Returned.

An extra point awarded for the use of that Imagine Dragons song as well, 8/10.
  • rivetheadrivethead Posts: 741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Warlow... Clearly the writers didn't even know what to do with him. Tied up to a headstone for four episodes, finally gets away, is bested by Bill wielding a pole, then is killed within 2 minutes of escaping. And he's some ancient and powerful hybrid thing? Whatever.

Alcide spends most of the season being an unlikeable dick, is vaguely nice for two episodes, then gets a proper haircut and shacks up with Sookie. Yeah...

Now we have some zombie vampires. Ugh.

Clearly the writers of True Blood were competing with the writers of The Walking Dead to see who could make a worse finale :D
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such a strange feeling episode. But, I really liked it! :D It reignited my interest for the show after finding Season 6 to be a bit of a chore.

Warlow was pretty disappointing in general, and the fact that he was dead by the halfway point in the episode kind of illustrates that. I'm just glad he turned out to be evil after all, I really didn't like the sweet-boy-with-a-crush road they took him down, especially after the big build up last season.

When Lettie Mae was feeding Tara, I instantly thought that perhaps she was infected and was trying to kill Tara.

I highly doubt Eric's dead. I mean, I don't personally care much about him (:o), but they wouldn't kill such a popular character in such a way.

All in all, I'm very intrigued about what Season 7 has in store! :)
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, and something that I must have missed. People are mentioning "zombie vampires", so has the Hep V changed? I'm assuming it doesn't just weaken and kill the victim within a day like with Nora now?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Sookie couldn't wait longer than six months before having it off with another guy? The writers clearly don't enjoy Sookie being independent do they? Hopefully this means the end of the pack though, which can only be a good thang. Was I the only one that quite liked the idea of Sookie being a vampire fairy?

Jason being with the vamp is kind of cute, but I wonder what she is holding back from him or is it just a case of controlling him?

I thought the Jessica bit where she vowed to protect Andy and his daughter was quite sweet. She clearly still has a heart even though it no longer beats.

Glad vampire Bill doesn't have his special powers any more. He was getting far too egotistical for his own good and needed bringing down a peg or two.

I felt so sorry for Tara when her mother said she always forgot to feed her as a child. I hope that she doesn't have Hep V because if she does that would just be a huge slap in the face (not to mention death).

I didn't really like that Pam wasn't it it as much but I have a feeling she will risk her own life to try to save Eric. Which might be where they pick up next season.

As for the new zombie looking vampires. It seems the writers inspirations are coming from The walking dead. In fact that ending is very similar to that series in a lot of ways.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did the writers forget that Eric glamoured Alcide into finding Sookie replusive and yet they're together now. Hmm.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    Mr Obseen wrote: »
    Did the writers forget that Eric glamoured Alcide into finding Sookie replusive and yet they're together now. Hmm.

Sookie unglamoured him last season when he flinched away from her.
    Forum Member
    I still like the finale. While the ones from Seasons 1-4 were better, this was better than the Season 5 one though.
  • Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    I liked it. It made me want to watch more. Looks like the season opener next year will be a blood bath. I bet Sams girlfriend gets killed or at least bitten and ends up infected eventually giving birth to a weird hybrid a la blade.

Ok I lost the run of myself there
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    I liked it. It made me want to watch more. Looks like the season opener next year will be a blood bath. I bet Sams girlfriend gets killed or at least bitten and ends up infected eventually giving birth to a weird hybrid a la blade.

Ok I lost the run of myself there

That is actually a really great idea. Writers take note!
    Forum Member
    I think I want Willa/Tara to hook up. There's more chemistry with those two than there is with Tara and Pam.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    I think I want Willa/Tara to hook up. There's more chemistry with those two than there is with Tara and Pam.

Maybe if they'd written them such actual scenes this season we might have seen some chemistry.

What was the point of hooking them up? A complete waste of time.
  • dalehitchydalehitchy Posts: 8,873
    Forum Member
    I dnt get why the hep v Infected vamps are still alive.... didnt erics sister die within a few hours from getting it
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    dalehitchy wrote: »
    I dnt get why the hep v Infected vamps are still alive.... didnt erics sister die within a few hours from getting it

Didn't the bloke who interviewed Bill say something about the virus mutating in his introduction?
  • dalehitchydalehitchy Posts: 8,873
    Forum Member
    Ah ok.....maybe I missed that bit
  • TommyNookaTommyNooka Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eric is surrounded by snow, lots and lots of snow, I would imagine much this snow would be very deep and dark? ;)
    I enjoyed the season but I really haven't taken to Violet and she's wasting Jason's character for me, hopefully the zombie vamps will get her!
  • Menime123Menime123 Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the 6 month jump - in a way it's a chance to reinvigorate the show:

Arlene is obviously a respected, wealthy business woman. It's a great direction to take her in, and hope we now see a more mature Arlene.

Sookie and Alcide: I don't like them together, but I like that Sookie has found someone stable that she can date for 6 months drama free. I don't see it lasting though - I can see Alcide dying for Sookie next season, but I'm really annoyed at Sookie this season - no point to her character at all. I was hoping she's be married and knocked up by the end of this season.

Jason and Violet: I didn't like her at first, but I like that Jason has found a some form of happiness with someone. I think she'll die next season, as I just don't think Jason is destined to be with anyone other than Jessica. Violet is obviously used to being Queen Bee, so I think she'll die defending Jason too, pushing him and Sookie together.

Eric: in no way is he dead - if Eric was leaving he'd have a big dramatic death dying for something. I suspect he'll simply dive into the snow and cool off until night fall - I don't see Pam saving him because she'll be burning too, if she was with him?

The Hep V: viruses mutate so I can't help but think Hep V has too. The vampire community seem to be trying to organise and fight against it, and whilst it's a huge allegory for HIV/AIDS, I like the idea that vampires can't just go around drinking blood as and when they want from humans anymore without risk.

The Vampire Mob: I don't get it. I guess that they have Hep V, but why go around as a mob attacking small towns? Are they after revenge? I suppose vampires aren't happy that the humans have created a virus that can be used against them, but it's not the first - vampires are susceptible to Hep B(?) as shown in season 1. I think a bloodbath to start season 7 is too obvious though.

Sam: I like him as Mayor, and I like he has a baby on the way. I can't see his girlfriend surviving season 7 though - surely she'd need to be pregnant for the full season, unless the baby is premature? I also annoyed that they didn't do a big reveal for shifters after the TV reveal ending Season 5.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    It was an "okay" finale, I don't like Sookie and Alcide though, I agree that it's just incredibly random, likewise for Sam being mayor within 6 months. And yes, Warlow ended up being a hilariously poor waste of time, always good to see Rutger Hauer turn up though, even if his appearance was nonsensical. Still, season 6 was a hell of a lot better than season 5, and hopefully they don't chicken out and actually start season 7 with a bloodbath to thin out the cast.

Eric's "death" scene was hilarious though, I kept expecting Jean Claude Van Damme to appear and put out Eric's flames with an "ice cold Coors" :p