Day 10 | Saturday 2 August | Open Chat thread

Comments

• alexjonesalexjones Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CBFreak wrote: »
    Triple Jump is still to come

yeah it's just the commentator said long jump, probably a screw up.
  • irishfeenirishfeen Posts: 10,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Sparkle* wrote: »
    Does that apply to everyone? Should Scottish athletes get the choice of GSTQ, Flower of Scotland and Scotland the Brave? The English athletes could perhaps pick "Three Lions" if the mood takes them?

Like it or not, every country has picked their national anthem, with no-one getting to use GSTQ. If you object to the national anthem chosen, either don't compete, or make sure you don't win. Or if you do win, be grown up about it.

For the reasons given in the post your replied to. :confused: It would be a great opportunity for many of their athletes to take part in the Games.

It's understandable that a lot of Irish people don't want to join, which is their right, but the post you quoted did give reasons why some Irish would want to join.;-)
    You see its very very complex in relation to Ireland/N Ireland... the good Friday agreement changed everything... as I have said I would support Ireland re-joining under the right circumstances.
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,273
    Forum Member
    Well done Scott. We're rolling in the bling now. :p
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Golddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not in a million years.

The Head of the Commonwealth isn't an inherited position so it's quite possible that once the Queen is no longer with us (which could be another 20 years) then there could be a non-royal (or even non-British) successor to her. If that was the case then I could see Ireland re-joining.
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another England v India boxing final coming up next.
  • JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,660
    Forum Member
    Liking the mini gold rush in the boxing. A shame I find it such a boring sport. :p
  • Mark FMark F Posts: 53,750
    Forum Member
    Evo102 wrote: »
    :D:DI think electric light and floodlights have reached Glasgow.

Very true..

Not sure why I said that.
  • deivu74deivu74 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What the hell are the BBC doing? They're missing the 10m men's diving final!
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This fella lost in regional qualifying :o

Blimey that must have been one hell of a tournament!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1 ENG 52 53 49 total: 154
    2 AUS 43 41 44 total: 128
  • Department_SDepartment_S Posts: 4,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joooe wrote: »
    Liking the mini gold rush in the boxing. A shame I find it such a boring sport. :p

In the boring stakes I'd put it very low down. Bowls and Badminton on the other hand....
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    deivu74 wrote: »

It's on BBC 3 and the RB
  • NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    irishfeen wrote: »
    You see its very very complex in relation to Ireland/N Ireland... the good Friday agreement changed everything... as I have said I would support Ireland re-joining under the right circumstances.

It is a sensitive issue, but I am all for the Eire nations uniting and for the other poster as far as I am aware Scotland has no 'official' national anthem either....but we do not have a divide...Irishfeen I applaud you as I agree with you on past posts etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They are not. It's on Red Button 5 or channel 995 on Virgin Media.
  • deivu74deivu74 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's on BBC 3 and the RB

Whoops. Some guy asked earlier and I told him it would be on BBC1 as it's supposed to be! He'll miss it now. >:(
  • tiger2000tiger2000 Posts: 8,540
    Forum Member
    Another England v India bout coming up in the Boxing.
  • irishfeenirishfeen Posts: 10,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NoseyLouie wrote: »
    It is a sensitive issue, but I am all for the Eire nations uniting and for the other poster as far as I am aware Scotland has no 'official' national anthem either....but we do not have a divide...Irishfeen I applaud you as I agree with you on past posts etc.
    Ha i'm not suppose to talk about it now ;-)
  • basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    They are not. It's on Red Button 5 or channel 995 on Virgin Media.
    And also soon on BBC3 as announce by a pop-up on BBC1 just now.
  • JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,660
    Forum Member
    In the boring stakes I'd put it very low down. Bowls and Badminton on the other hand....
    Badminton is cool. Watching Emms and Robertson got me into that all those years ago.

Bowls...well yeah fair enough there.
  • DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Saturday night diving, I thought Splash was back
  • StaunchyStaunchy Posts: 10,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't watched much of these games (just watched the women's 5k), do the BBC always ignore the winner to dedicate 20 minutes of coverage to the plucky Brit who came third?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James Denny has a nice first dive. Room for improvement though
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whoops. Some guy asked earlier and I told him it would be on BBC1 as it's supposed to be! He'll miss it now. >:(

Well all he has to do is check BBC 3 and the RB. It's not that difficult.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I wouldn't worry. I'm sure if he has a channel changer he'll find it very quickly.