Options

Raign should have kept her chair.

Tom_BasilTom_Basil Posts: 982
Forum Member
✭✭
Cheryl influenced Simon.

Cheryl, 'Raign, I don't like her" when Simon said who he should swap out.

Not liking someone is not a reason. It is surprise to be a singing competition.

>:(

Comments

• Options
    jay82jay82 Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    But she did what he wanted and put Chloe back in so he had to take notice
  • Options
    rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    Bet she's the wildcard!
  • Options
    Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    rattie wrote: »
    Bet she's the wildcard!

Me too, unfortunately.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bet she's the wildcard!

I really hope so.

I think her voice is brilliant.
  • Options
    BobbyMcGeeBobbyMcGee Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom_Basil wrote: »
    I really hope so.

I think her voice is brilliant.

Surely a wildcard would be from judges houses left overs?
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really don't get why people think she can sing she's always off key to me
  • Options
    gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BobbyMcGee wrote: »

That's what I would hope/ assume. It wouldn't be fair for someone eliminated at bootcamp to makes live shows over someone who got further than them in the competition.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah I think it is so no chance of her coming back then.

I think she has masses of potential.
  • Options
    Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    Bet she's the wildcard!

I thought the wildcard was from judges houses to go into the lives?
  • Options
    rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member

Oh yes, of course!
  • Options
    Anya DAnya D Posts: 14,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect they can make up whatever rule they want.
    if they want Raign back they'll ask her back.

I didn't rate her voice, but it might have been interesting to see Cheryl get progressively more annoyed the longer Raign stayed in the competition.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised the producers cut off this potentially interesting storyline so soon.....was sure they'd milk the Cheryl/Raign drama for all it was worth.
  • Options
    Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought her and Janet were the two decent women in the Overs and both went.
  • Options
    BellaroooBellarooo Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He made the right choice regardless.
  • Options
    GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They showed on Xtra Factor she had to sing off with Lizzy, not sure why they didn't show it on the main show. She was awful in her sing off and that's why she went home!
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    The two girls (Raign and the last one swapped out) Simon sent home should have stayed tbh.
  • Options
    freeshatfreeshat Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    Raign looks like a nutter and I can't imagine anyone wanting to live in same house as her.
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Raign was awful. Not one redeeming quality about her that I could see. A drony whiny voice, horrendous personality with an over-inflated ego and ridiculous sense of entitlement. She was rude and disrespectful to Louis, Cheryl and Mel by saying, at least twice that we heard, that Simon's opinion is the only one that matters! Lol wow, what a sure-fire way to endear yourself to someone, by telling those who are there to judge you in an audition/competition that their opinions are basically insignifcant! She had an attitude that reeked of: "Do you people realise how lucky you are to be in my presence? You'd be a idiot to get rid of me!" Maybe I'm wrong but that's certainly how she came across to me. A woman with delusions of grandeur.

She just gave off an unpleasant vibe to me. There have been past "controversial" contestants on the show that had the "Marmite" effect, like Kitty Brucknell and Katie Waissel, for example. But whilst they could be very annoying/irritating, personality wise, I always thought they were harmless and probably quite sweet people underneath. I didn't get a "nasty" vibe from them like I do from Raign.

Anyway, I know I'll certainly be much happier watching the show without having to listen to Raign wailing every week! Having said that I bet they'll bring her back as they seem to like to keep controversial characters on, even if they have little to no talent, just to keep the pantomime going!
  • Options
    Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. She's done. They only had her there to try to rehash the 3rd rate tribute act storyline. Even if she has a pleasing voice, her naturally wobbly vibrato and tone are a problem all the vocal coaching in the world cannot fix. It's okay for studio demos, and she can write, so at least she has that. I can't say I won't be glad not to have to cringe through her attempts at impersonating Florence Welch, because the harder she tries, the worse she sounds.

I'm glad they did the right thing and put her, us, and themselves out of her misery.She seemed like an okay person under the negative editing, but she just doesn't have the charisma,voice or talent to hold a crowd's attention or sing well.
  • Options
    sycamoresycamore Posts: 4,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gcmac wrote: »
    That's what I would hope/ assume. It wouldn't be fair for someone eliminated at bootcamp to makes live shows over someone who got further than them in the competition.

If the wildcard is chosen by someone other than the mentor then it seems fair enough to have someone that went out at bootcamp in, they didn't pretend that all the judges agreed on all the final sixes after all.
    They showed on Xtra Factor she had to sing off with Lizzy, not sure why they didn't show it on the main show. She was awful in her sing off and that's why she went home!

Yeah, Lizzy definitely outsang her in the sing off.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 470
    Forum Member
    Nope. She's done. They only had her there to try to rehash the 3rd rate tribute act storyline. Even if she has a pleasing voice, her naturally wobbly vibrato and tone are a problem all the vocal coaching in the world cannot fix. It's okay for studio demos, and she can write, so at least she has that. I can't say I won't be glad not to have to cringe through her attempts at impersonating Florence Welch, because the harder she tries, the worse she sounds.

I'm glad they did the right thing and put her, us, and themselves out of her misery.She seemed like an okay person under the negative editing, but she just doesn't have the charisma,voice or talent to hold a crowd's attention or sing well.

That criteria seemed to have gone out of the window many moons ago.

I don't even believe my own eyes anymore when Simon raises his eyebrows in astonishment and awe and simultaneously stops chewing gum.

I just pity the poor sods caught up in the cattle market.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    freeshat wrote: »
    Raign looks like a nutter and I can't imagine anyone wanting to live in same house as her.

That would be their problem, not mine.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    X Factor is now officially one big pantomime ....she'd have been rating draw, people like drama and people = rating
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    spaceygal wrote: »
    I thought Raign was awful. Not one redeeming quality about her that I could see. A drony whiny voice, horrendous personality with an over-inflated ego and ridiculous sense of entitlement. She was rude and disrespectful to Louis, Cheryl and Mel by saying, at least twice that we heard, that Simon's opinion is the only one that matters! Lol wow, what a sure-fire way to endear yourself to someone, by telling those who are there to judge you in an audition/competition that their opinions are basically insignifcant! She had an attitude that reeked of: "Do you people realise how lucky you are to be in my presence? You'd be a idiot to get rid of me!" Maybe I'm wrong but that's certainly how she came across to me. A woman with delusions of grandeur.

She just gave off an unpleasant vibe to me. There have been past "controversial" contestants on the show that had the "Marmite" effect, like Kitty Brucknell and Katie Waissel, for example. But whilst they could be very annoying/irritating, personality wise, I always thought they were harmless and probably quite sweet people underneath. I didn't get a "nasty" vibe from them like I do from Raign.

Anyway, I know I'll certainly be much happier watching the show without having to listen to Raign wailing every week! Having said that I bet they'll bring her back as they seem to like to keep controversial characters on, even if they have little to no talent, just to keep the pantomime going!

Cheryl? Is that You? Lol!!! :D
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spaceygal wrote: »
    She was rude and disrespectful to Louis, Cheryl and Mel by saying, at least twice that we heard, that Simon's opinion is the only one that matters!

She said this once. The other time, when Cheryl said it was a dig, she used the plural - as in, more than one. And to be fair, she's right. Cheryl or Mel can't just offer her a recording contract, and nowadays, Louis Walsh has as much influence over the music industry as a wet flannel.