Robbie Williams: Live at the Palladium

tgabbertgabber Posts: 2,226
Forum Member
✭✭✭
BBC 1 now.

Is it just my TV or is the sound balance on this awful? Robbie's voice getting completely drowned out at times.

Comments

• hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tgabber wrote: »
    BBC 1 now.

Is it just my TV or is the sound balance on this awful? Robbie's voice getting completely drowned out at times.

If you turn over channels very carefully, you can drown him out completely.

Hope that helps.:)
  • grahamzxygrahamzxy Posts: 11,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sound is fine, Robbie Williams faux American accent is dire - he is sweating like crazy......he's not really that good, but people still like him.

He was quoted as saying he wouldn't sing without cue cards / autocue but he seems to be tonight and suffering somewhat as a result.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Smug grin - Check
    Walking like a gorilla - Check
    Doing his usual Norman Wisdom routine - Check
    Twirling his microphone - Check
    Smug Grin - another check
    Out of tune - check
    Getting the audience to sing his songs for him - Check
  • tgabbertgabber Posts: 2,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grahamzxy wrote: »

He was quoted as saying he wouldn't sing without cue cards / autocue but he seems to be tonight and suffering somewhat as a result.

He's got an autocue, floor of the stage, left and right of centre.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I see Howard and jason have just joined him on stage :D:D
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Did the audience clap along through the whole gig? Good God.

Having said that, Im rather enjoying this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's got an autocue, floor of the stage, left and right of centre.

Ahh okay well spotted, hes making a better job of this song.
  • tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whether you like him or not, I think that Friday and Saturday night telly should be much more focused on light entertainment like this, remember the 'audience with' that ITV used to do. Suits families, old and young, no constant arguments on east enders or 'filler' shows.
    Forum Member
    Ugh, a children's choir. Bless 'em and everything but no. Reminds me of St Winifred's and Clive Dunn.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still think the sound balance between the vocals and music is off - either that or my TV is cr*p!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    Ugh, a children's choir. Bless 'em and everything but no. Reminds me of St Winifred's and Clive Dunn.

The choir were totally in tune - and made RW sound positively average.
  • BluejuBlueju Posts: 773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im not a real fan of RW...the posturing and gurning turn me off tbh but like the thought of big band at The Palladium etc which is why Ive watched...so far anyway. He seems to be wanting to live up to the Mr Entertainer tag...even the continuity announcer referred to him as that before it started. Maybe its a case of way to go...its ok-ish but the faux American drawl on the swing type numbers irritates. Then again Rod Stewart did the same in my eyes. Maybe Im a purist though and just prefer the originals.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Still think the sound balance between the vocals and music is off - either that or my TV is cr*p!

I am watching on a Sony Bravia HD and the audio sounds great - considering it is RW.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,483
    Forum Member
    rhumble wrote: »
    Smug grin - Check
    Walking like a gorilla - Check
    Doing his usual Norman Wisdom routine - Check
    Twirling his microphone - Check
    Smug Grin - another check
    Out of tune - check
    Getting the audience to sing his songs for him - Check

Looking a slimey a*sehole ..check!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blueju wrote: »
    Im not a real fan of RW...the posturing and gurning turn me off tbh but like the thought of big band at The Palladium etc which is why Ive watched...so far anyway. He seems to be wanting to live up to the Mr Entertainer tag...even the continuity announcer referred to him as that before it started. Maybe its a case of way to go...its ok-ish but the faux American drawl on the swing type numbers irritates. Then again Rod Stewart did the same in my eyes. Maybe Im a purist though and just prefer the originals.

Nice for family viewing - a general cabaret show would be 100 times better.....
    Forum Member

Sounds fine to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robbie sounds a little affected at times - like he didn't quite finish school. This is one of his better songs, I realised Guy Chambers wrote this, RW probably chose the title.
  • georgeshairgeorgeshair Posts: 1,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm finding the same thing.
  • daisysnowlanddaisysnowland Posts: 710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know why you're all watching if you don't like him. He was our entertainment at a private party earlier this year and was fabulous. Not keen on the badger hair tho....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know why you're all watching if you don't like him. He was our entertainment at a private party earlier this year and was fabulous. Not keen on the badger hair tho....

He's taking the EE timeslot though - he isn't the worst singer around - he is just so irritating to many - like Ant & Dec
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've fiddled with the sound settings on the TV and it sounds much better now (used the graphic equaliser to emphasise the mid-range frequencies).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grahamzxy wrote: »
    He's taking the EE timeslot though - he isn't the worst singer around - he is just so irritating to many - like Ant & Dec

Well I wouldn't mind being a couple of quid behind any of 'em
  • rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    Well I'm enjoying it :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I'm enjoying it :p

Me too. Nice change from miserable EE
  • KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭