Options

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)

Comments

• Options
    HystericGlamourHystericGlamour Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    I rarely go to the cinema, in fact, Days of Future Past was the first time I had been in over 10 years, and was the first time I had seen 3D!! However, I finally went to see GotG this week and I absolutely loved it! It was actually so good I had to go back again the next day and do it all over again. It reminds me of all the cool action/fantasy/SciFi films of the 80s. Loads of fun!
  • Options
    Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I rarely go to the cinema, in fact, Days of Future Past was the first time I had been in over 10 years, and was the first time I had seen 3D!! However, I finally went to see GotG this week and I absolutely loved it! It was actually so good I had to go back again the next day and do it all over again. It reminds me of all the cool action/fantasy/SciFi films of the 80s. Loads of fun!

Glad you had a pleasant experience after being away from the cinema for so long. Going to the cinema can be a chore in so many ways but a good film makes it worth it.
  • Options
    HystericGlamourHystericGlamour Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    Naa_KwaKai wrote: »
    Glad you had a pleasant experience after being away from the cinema for so long. Going to the cinema can be a chore in so many ways but a good film makes it worth it.

Thanks! The combination of 3D and cinema popcorn was what finally drew me in :D Isn't the cinema expensive now, though?!
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Thanks! The combination of 3D and cinema popcorn was what finally drew me in :D Isn't the cinema expensive now, though?!

Yes and No.

€10 / £10 for a ticket and that again for drink and popcorn.

If you go see a great movie then it's cheap entertainment. If you see tripe, then it's expensive.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    €10 / £10 for a ticket and that again for drink and popcorn.
    I have a (free) Insider card, which makes it £6 off-peak. I prefer off-peak because I don't want to be surrounded by people eating and texting and talking, and I don't buy food there myself.
  • Options
    CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a vue 3rd off code so I pay around £4-£5 for a ticket if I go on a Tuesday and I buy my own popcorn and drink from the local shop or supermarket. Otherwise it costs nearly £8 to buy food in the cinema.
  • Options
    lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29009111

Officially the biggest film of the year so far in the States... And I can't see much else budging it for a while. Not even the next Hunger Games film!
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marvel have the Midas Touch. Their first flop after this run of success will be scrutinised like no other film. The pressure on the upcoming films/directors must be huge.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whedon eats up pressure and s**ts out diamonds.
  • Options
    Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    lala wrote: »
    Officially the biggest film of the year so far in the States... And I can't see much else budging it for a while. Not even the next Hunger Games film!
    I take it you're joking.

Can't see anything to stop Mockingjay repeating the success of the first two, and yes, I am referring to that awful iCloud business going on at the moment.
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    Guardians Of The Galaxy is out on Blu Ray on the 24th November in the UK!

We also get it on Blu Ray before the U.S. who don't get it untill 9th December

This will be the first Blu Ray I've wanted to buy for ages!
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »

Same release date as Dawn of the planet of the apes it is then. :o
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »

I can't believe they're releasing it so soon.

At this rate, it will still be in the cinemas on Novevember 24th.:o
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe they're releasing it so soon.

At this rate, it will still be in the cinemas on Novevember 24th.:o

No, it'll be done in cinemas 2 weeks from now, maybe even less.
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Footage released at NY Comic Con from the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy animated series..
    http://youtu.be/mLAU6jF0qwY
  • Options
    bob187bob187 Posts: 1,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's tonight sorted!
  • Options
    PaperSkinPaperSkin Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The guardians are a great group, looking forward to a sequel which will dive into them more now its all been set up.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finally got round to watching it today. Good fun all round. The cast did a fine job.

Glad Nebula survived, but if a sequel means she has to shave her head again, I'll be very annoyed.

Howard The Duck! Excellent!
  • Options
    RAZORBACKRAZORBACK Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    It's been a while since I've seen this but have to say that I was pretty impressed with this film.

It's the first comic book adaptation that I've seen in a long time without having read the source material so it was a pretty unique viewing experience in terms of not having any preconceived ideas about what the characters should look like etc.

Loved the visuals & storyline and thought the Guardians themselves were very special indeed (Rocket & Groot in particular) however the main villain wasn't particularly interesting (I would have preferred Karen Gillan's 'Nebula' to have been given more screen time).

I really enjoyed the final act of this movie & it definitely left me wanting more so overall this did enough to get a 9/10 from me...
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blu ray release is taking ages!!!!!!
  • Options
    Trevor_C7Trevor_C7 Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    Watched it last night. Moderately entertaining, but it didn't blow me away. A lot of the audio levels were all over the place meaning I couldn't hear a lot of the dialogue, and I got to the final third a little confused about who the villians were.

I've never seen Chris Pratt in anything else, but he looked like he was acting on autopilot for most of the film. That or he's just a crap actor. Loved Rocket, Groot, and Bautista who was surprisingly good with limited dialogue. Even in 1080p, it wasn't as visually stunning as reviews had led me to think, although Rocket is probably the best CGI I've seen outside of Transformers.

Very limited back story on the characters, and what there was was shoe horned in.

Best bit of the film was the post end credit scene with mini Groot dancing in his pot.

Probably one of the weaker Marvel films.
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had no intention of watching this, but it was available to me. It was a fun, zany adventure film. The music really lends itself to the action and characters.

I was a bit disappointed about the villains, as they initially promised a lot; being powerful and uncompromising but they were made to do stupid things, to serve the hero's arcs. For example, The Blue guy not killing Drax and the ship not only knocking down the Blue guy, but keeping him out for son long until the return to Earth.

In the sequel, I would like more story and less exposition.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I'll stick my head above the parapet.

I watched it last night and thought it was, well, rubbish. Sorry.

I was completely disengaged throughout, even though I gave it my full attention, desperate to like it as I have liked the similar films (Iron Man, Thor etc).

It's a toss up whether this or Godzilla gets my vote as worst film of the year.
  • Options
    Rincewind78Rincewind78 Posts: 2,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love this film! And can't wait for the bluray to come out!!
    But because I like my Marvel movies being in steelbook format and missed the Zavvii limited edition of this, I am going to have to wait for the German release which is only out in January :(. But there seems plenty of them if anyone still wants this film as a steel.
  • Options
    Gemma_HardingGemma_Harding Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love this film! And can't wait for the bluray to come out!!
    But because I like my Marvel movies being in steelbook format and missed the Zavvii limited edition of this, I am going to have to wait for the German release which is only out in January :(. But there seems plenty of them if anyone still wants this film as a steel.

Where did you see the German release?