Options

Not a great atmosphere in Scotland

linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,708
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I voted no and had people delete me on facebook. Atmosphere not great at work. Will Scotland ever be the same again? I fear another referendum I wanted to leave the EU but I may have to vote to stay in it to avoid another Union break up. I'm happy with the current powers of the Parliament. Not too fussed about anymore.

I said I'd move to England if we went alone but I now fear going down even for a visit people will think as I am scottish I was a yes voter.

Anyway I fear it will never be the same again but I fear having to do another vote for my country very soon. :(

Comments

• Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I voted 'NO'.
    I sensed a few things on Friday.A sense of disappointment and a burst bubble,what might have been.A missed once in a lifetime opportunity.
    I also sensed relief.That things had retained their status quo.The leap of faith hadn't come to pass.
    It really was a difficult question to answer.In all my days it was the hardest question I've ever faced.
  • Options
    hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bad atmosphere is what that slimy Salmond creature set out to create in the first place.
  • Options
    maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    It will never be the same again
  • Options
    AdsAds Posts: 37,128
    Forum Member
    Salmond mustn't be allowed to leave a great wedge between fellow Scots.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Instead of dividing Scotland from the rest of Great Britain, Salmond has divided Scotland within itself.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,560
    Forum Member
    Ads wrote: »

Nor between Scots and the rest of the UK, 81% of whom wanted the Scots to vote "No". So with 55% of Scots voting No and 81% of the rest of the UK (opinion polls) wanting No, that means about 78% of the total UK electorate wanted to retain the Union. Even more importantly, all four Countries did.

Not a bad majority is that and I think it's an excellent basis for future harmony (haggling over devolution apart!).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I voted No but never posted on Facebook. What's it got to do with anyone else. In my village they were no voters anyway. Just like many in the Borders.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Instead of dividing Scotland from the rest of Great Britain, Salmond has divided Scotland within itself.

He hasn't but his dream is over.
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,317
    Forum Member
    I would of deleted you for still liking Linkin Park.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will never be the same again

It will be the same today as it was last Wednesday. No change.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmeister wrote: »
    A bad atmosphere is what that slimy Salmond creature set out to create in the first place.

It was great on Friday in the pub, no bad atmosphere at all, quite the opposite.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ads wrote: »

It will be Sturgeon next, could it be any worse:)
  • Options
    maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    Well I was a YES voter and I am really disappointed in an opportunity missed, that along with the hatred displayed in Glasgow (the burning of Saltires by so called Scotsmen has really affected me), the falling outs I have witnessed on facebook, the broken promises by the Westminster lot and the anger I feel that people were duped by them have all left me feeling totally lost and yes, it HAS totally undermined my identity. :cry:
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,560
    Forum Member
    woodbush wrote: »
    It will be Sturgeon next, could it be any worse:)
    My impression of Sturgeon is that by comparison, Salmond is a pussy cat. It'll be out of the frying pan into the nationalist furnace when she gets the job.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I was a YES voter and I am really disappointed in an opportunity missed, that along with the hatred displayed in Glasgow (the burning of Saltires by so called Scotsmen has really affected me), the falling outs I have witnessed on facebook, the broken promises by the Westminster lot and the anger I feel that people were duped by them have all left me feeling totally lost and yes, it HAS totally undermined my identity. :cry:

Salmond was the worst. If he didn't get a currency union he had no other plans. Was so sure the EU would welcome Scotland with open arms if the CU went tits up.

The Scots have been let down by Salmond not Westminster, they actually allowed the Scots to have an indy ref.

A few people in George Square, who voted Yes, I haven't seen any people protesting anywhere else.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    It will be the same today as it was last Wednesday. No change.

I bow to your greater knowledge and I hope it will be so, Woody.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand, why, if people value their own opinions, they resent others having theirs
  • Options
    AshbourneAshbourne Posts: 3,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Salmond was the worst. If he didn't get a currency union he had no other plans. Was so sure the EU would welcome Scotland with open arms if the CU went tits up.

The Scots have been let down by Salmond not Westminster, they actually allowed the Scots to have an indy ref.

A few people in George Square, who voted Yes, I haven't seen any people protesting anywhere else.

What are you on about? It was Unionist thugs in George Square burning the Saltire, not Yes voters. :confused:
  • Options
    AshbourneAshbourne Posts: 3,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bow to your greater knowledge and I hope it will be so, Woody.

He's wrong. SNP have 5000 new members already, with more signing up every day. The young are disheartened and fear for their futures while the OAPs are happy that they still have their pensions.
  • Options
    davordavor Posts: 6,874
    Forum Member
    I don't live in Scotland, but I think the things will settle down. People are still under the impression and many of them are disappointed and feel tricked. When people come to terms that Scotland is not going to be independent and when devolution finally happens, I think people will be ok again.
  • Options
    renard grisrenard gris Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As an Englishman, I think the Scots made the correct decision to vote 'No'. Going it alone at this stage would have been a massive gamble. Instead of independence, maybe the Scots should aim for complete autonomy, but remain within the UK, then they could become self-financing and self-sufficient. However, an issue like Defence (for example) would be dealt with at a UK level. Do other FMs think this is a viable option?
  • Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get why people feel the need to make their political views public. There wouldn't be any fighting if people didn't know who was on what side.
  • Options
    kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spoke to one of my numerous cousins in Scotland and asked what the atmosphere was like after the vote and she said everyone she knew was getting on with things just like they always did. It's over now she told me and we can't change the result, so
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    It sounds like that amazing thing called democracy has prevailed and unfortunately the immature idiots out there cannot accept that.

Alex Salmond publicly accepted the outcome so that should be that, surely.
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I said I'd move to England if we went alone but I now fear going down even for a visit people will think as I am scottish I was a yes voter.

I wouldn't worry at all about visiting! ;-)

Remember the vast majority of us down here didn't want you all to leave any way :D