✭✭✭
Shame on you Jacqui Dixon!

I really wanted to see blubbering Sinead get her arse kicked!:mad:

Comments

• Options
    sarahcadhillsarahcadhill Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diane is protecting Sinead, and yes it is a shock...
    Sinead will get found out on Monday
  • Options
    iCandy77iCandy77 Posts: 1,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh thanks for that! :)
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Sarah :)
    I was also disappointed with Diane.
  • Options
    ReoReo Posts: 8,662
    Forum Member
    Both of them are idiots if they believe they can keep it a secret, so many people know the truth, Ruby and Esther for a start.. They have just made it worse for themselves.
  • Options
    iCandy77iCandy77 Posts: 1,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Btw didnt Sinead have a brother and a dad? What happened to them? :confused:
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reo wrote: »
    Both of them are idiots if they believe they can keep it a secret, so many people know the truth, Ruby and Esther for a start.. They have just made it worse for themselves.

Good!
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iCandy77 wrote: »
    Btw didnt Sinead have a brother and a dad? What happened to them? :confused:

The dad left then Finn the brother just disappeared off screen
  • Options
    ekim316ekim316 Posts: 1,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it keeps it true to real life that somebody would do
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,920
    Forum Member
    If Diane is serious about her role of student welfare officer she should name and shame Sinead as well as Ruby, sending out the message that it doesn't matter who you are or who you are connected to, if you are a bully you will be made to face the consequences.
  • Options
    StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    Yep, she's really let herself down. I wonder if she'll come clean. She shouldn't have that job now, not after instructing Sinead to blame it all on Ruby.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Diane is serious about her role of student welfare officer she should name and shame Sinead as well as Ruby, sending out the message that it doesn't matter who you are or who you are connected to, if you are a bully you will be made to face the consequences.

I said on the other thread, It's all about family loyalties. Neither the Osbornes or the O'Connors are aware that each have confesssed and they believe that by covering up, it will go away. I am hoping that this is HOs way to give out the message that this is not the way to go, to protect bullies, even if they are your family and you feel you need to protect them. The truth will out and you are as guilty as them for harbouring them and not allowing them to receive the punsihment due to them.
  • Options
    hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hate myself for saying this, Iv never said this or wished this in my life.:eek:

but thank living god that womans baron:(
    terrible excuse for a mother:mad:
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ekim316 wrote: »
    I like it keeps it true to real life that somebody would do

I agree with this. No matter what, it's a parent's natural instinct to protect their child. That's all Diane is doing. I'm sure Sinead will get her comeuppance in the end, especially when they've shown her being such a cow to Ruby!
  • Options
    hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with this. No matter what, it's a parent's natural instinct to protect their child. That's all Diane is doing. I'm sure Sinead will get her comeuppance in the end, especially when they've shown her being such a cow to Ruby!

my mum wouldn't of and nor would I:sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sorry I disagee, I am a mum and there is no way I would protect my children if I found out they were bullies and they always knew that as well
    hetty100 wrote: »
    my mum wouldn't of and nor would I:sleep:

Well said
  • Options
    StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    tinkie wrote: »
    Sorry I disagee, I am a mum and there is no way I would protect my children if I found out they were bullies and they always knew that as well

Nor me. If I was a Mum and found that out i'd shame my child and punish the crap out of them. My Mum would have too.
  • Options
    EastenderstreetEastenderstreet Posts: 3,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im upset with her too however Im thrilled that shes actually getting featured a bit more,she deserves as she is a great character and alex is a great actress :)
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    It is very disappointing but unfortunately realistic for a lot of parents though not, thank god all. As well as wanting to protect her daughter and grand daughters futures, she has the added worry that her job is on the line if they blame the parents as well as the child and is probably worried about how she'd pay her bills and support herself, sinead and the baby.

It is horrible but I've found all the professionals reactions painfully easy to believe. Diane, Jen, even the head teacher wish it hadn't happened but are running scared and desperate to safe guard their own careers and futures and justify it with ' the harms already been done to Esther and me losing my job won't help her now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »
    It is very disappointing but unfortunately realistic for a lot of parents though not, thank god all. As well as wanting to protect her daughter and grand daughters futures, she has the added worry that her job is on the line if they blame the parents as well as the child and is probably worried about how she'd pay her bills and support herself, sinead and the baby.

It is horrible but I've found all the professionals reactions painfully easy to believe. Diane, Jen, even the head teacher wish it hadn't happened but are running scared and desperate to safe guard their own careers and futures and justify it with ' the harms already been done to Esther and me losing my job won't help her now.

That would have shown Patrick that she was fit for the job
    But as they are found out anyway that will prove she wasn't fit for the position and probably won't get it
  • Options
    topgooner100topgooner100 Posts: 2,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really was disappointed with what Dianne did I really hoped HO were going to send out the right message that no matter who the person is no one should get away with what Sinead and Co did! Really hope Dianne gets removed from the position regardless of any outcome!

Pleased to hear the above spoiler though it is a serious story which HO do quite well so I'm hoping they do send out the right message :)
  • Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    She was protecting her child. Anyone would do the same thing.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody knows unless they've been in that situation.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Parents protect their children no matter what.
  • Options
    jendejende Posts: 21,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitkat1971 wrote: »

I totally agree. I do think some parents would do the same and even looking at HO, that is def something Myra would've done for her kids. Doesn't make it right, but it is realistic that is how some parents would react. I think HO had to cover this, to hopefully now show covering for your kids in the long run, will do you no good.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    tinkie wrote: »
    That would have shown Patrick that she was fit for the job
    But as they are found out anyway that will prove she wasn't fit for the position and probably won't get it

It might have but it might also have indicated that she was so unobservant in her own home that she is not competent enough for the role. Hard to justify a zero tolerance policy if the first thing you do is give one of the parents (and staff members that should have spotted it at College) a second chance.

I can see her assuming she'd lose her job and being scared.

It's a reason though, not an excuse. She should be setting an example as a parent and counsellor.