John Grant

denial_orstupiddenial_orstupid Posts: 665
Forum Member
✭✭
just heard a track on spotify (GMF) and immediately went to find the album (Pale Green Ghosts) and i love it .
i love it when i find a gem like this guy on spotify , am now listening to all i can find by him and his previous works.

anyone else like him ?

Comments

• warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His Glastonbury set is still on the bbc iplayer.
  • denial_orstupiddenial_orstupid Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    warszawa wrote: »
    His Glastonbury set is still on the bbc iplayer.

oh wow thanks so much for that - think you can guess what i am off to do now :)
  • warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh wow thanks so much for that - think you can guess what i am off to do now :)

Me too. Enjoy.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really love Black Belt - was in my head for a long time after I first heard it....
  • constantino_chrconstantino_chr Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pale Green Ghosts was one of my favourite albums of last year, 'Glacier' in particular is an excellent song
  • player1player1 Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I discovered John Grant via Sinead O'Connors cover of Queen of Denmark - now off to iPlayer to catch that Glasto set
  • WelshNigeWelshNige Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His two albums "Queen Of Denmark" and "Pale Green Ghosts" are utterly fantastic and his voice is just sublime.

Easily my favourite artist of the last few years.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was skiping through all the Glastonbury stuff and stopped in my tracks when I heard a tiny bit of Mars (think that was it). I was totally blown away by the voice and the whole sound. Brilliant find.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love marz and glacier in fact really like the pale green ghosts album, talented guy. some of his lyrics seem a bit rubbish though. maybe it's just me :p
  • JamesBsheppardJamesBsheppard Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    Love the album Pale Green Ghosts, great song writer.
  • Amanda_RaymondAmanda_Raymond Posts: 2,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just heard a track on spotify (GMF) and immediately went to find the album (Pale Green Ghosts) and i love it .
    i love it when i find a gem like this guy on spotify , am now listening to all i can find by him and his previous works.

anyone else like him ?

Check out the videos of I Wanna go to Marz and Chicken Bones