Options

Gilmore Girls

ginockginock Posts: 1,329
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Okay, so I know I am about ten years late with regards to watching this show from the very beginning but I have only just started watching this and I now wonder exactly why I have only just started watching it. Programs like this gives me faith in American drama.

Comments

• Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only discovered it about 2 years ago and I love it!

Great cast and writing.

Might have to give it another watch through soon.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ginock wrote: »
    Okay, so I know I am about ten years late with regards to watching this show from the very beginning but I have only just started watching this and I now wonder exactly why I have only just started watching it. Programs like this gives me faith in American drama.

Whereabouts in the show's run did you start watching it? The ones showing on E4 at the moment atre almost universally considered the worst of the entire run. Some fans almost ignore the last two seasons, especially the last, when it had moved to a new channel and lost it's creator and driving force.

If you haven't seen it from the start, then hopefully E4 will show it agin from the beginning once the current run has finished. If so, make sure you watch it. It's so much better then than it became.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    Yes, fab show. I've watched it right from beginning to end, and wish they would make a film or a Christmas special as a goodbye - but I think too much time has passed now.

How lovely is Luke??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Whereabouts in the show's run did you start watching it? The ones showing on E4 at the moment atre almost universally considered the worst of the entire run. Some fans almost ignore the last two seasons, especially the last, when it had moved to a new channel and lost it's creator and driving force.

If you haven't seen it from the start, then hopefully E4 will show it agin from the beginning once the current run has finished. If so, make sure you watch it. It's so much better then than it became.

When I first started watching it (on E4) was part way through season 4 and by the time Tick, Tick, Tick, Boom! aired I was hooked so went out and got all the episodes and watched it from the start.

I didn't mind the last 2 seasons, although I didn't care for Logan. (don't want to say too much and spoil t for the op).

I would love for them to do a film to properly finish things of though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I too am not a fan of Logan. When I rewatch it these days, I tend to zone out when he joins. Why on earth they thought we'd care about how hard it is being a mega-rich party boy is beyond me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I am watching it from the very beginning. Currently on episode two. I wish E4 would advertise more the shows they import. This and Life Unexpected I discovered entirely by accident, you would think if they paid for these things they would want people to watch it...
  • Options
    Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    I only started watching it a couple of years ago. I loved it. I wish it was still on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only started watching it a couple of years ago. I loved it. I wish it was still on.

Where are you based? It's on E4 in the UK every week day.
  • Options
    SuzeSuze Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Gilmore Girls have a really broad appeal. I'm a fan, last year I discovered my 75 year old mom loves it, my 78 year old dad thinks it is great (although the mom speaks too fast), I just introduced it to my my 16 year old god daughter and her 10 year old sister - and they are hooked! It is irresistible. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where are you based? It's on E4 in the UK every week day.

They probably mean new episodes. Rather than re-watching repeats.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    They probably mean new episodes. Rather than re-watching repeats.

Ah, with you.

It needed to finish, but I'd love a smashing one off film just to update us all on what had happened.
  • Options
    pocatellopocatello Posts: 8,813
    Forum Member
    Just stop watching around season 3 and you'll be fine.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    pocatello wrote: »

Admittedly the earlier seasons are the stronger seasons but the doesn't make seasons 4 and 5 less entertaining (seasons 6 and 7 less so).

Although, finally a forum dedicated to my favourite programme, been a fan since it came to the UK in 2003 (Nickelodeon then Hallmark)

Hugh, hugh fan but with the genius that Gilmore Girls is, I defy anyone not to be (well unless clever wit/humour or fast talking aren't your thing)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 323
    Forum Member
    I also love this programme after discovering it late, thank God for E4! I will be the proud owner of all the boxsets after Christmas :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I only started watching it recently too. I'm half way through season one - it's adorable. It's just a really nice feel good show and makes for a really good retreat when I've had enough of all the sex/violence/lanague/shock value content on the majority of TV programmes.

The writing and acting is beautiful. I want to live in Stars Hollow. :D
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is it on tv again? i also have never seen it but heard great things,and considering i love OTH and LUX,maybe i should watch?

or are you watching on dvd?
  • Options
    phasersphasers Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate every character in it (except for Emily and Luke :D) but I can't stop watching.

Although the last couple of seasons are so, so bad. Rory's boyfriend is such an ass, and so are all her friends.
  • Options
    LarocLaroc Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I caught an episode of it about 5 years ago, then saw it on E4 about 2 years ago.

I ended up buying series 1- 7.

Agree with the comments about series 6 & 7 not being very good. Still worth watching though.

I also never liked Logan, Rory began to irritate me too when she got with him. Was never a fan of Christopher either.
  • Options
    hugsiehugsie Posts: 17,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    whedon247 wrote: »
    is it on tv again? i also have never seen it but heard great things,and considering i love OTH and LUX,maybe i should watch?

or are you watching on dvd?

Waves at Whedon! :D

I am a huge fan! It gets my recommendation for sure. In fact I just recently rewatched the whole show! ;)
  • Options
    mabbus-cattus1mabbus-cattus1 Posts: 5,777
    Forum Member
    Huge fan. Keep telling my sister to watch as I know she'd love it.

They seem to run it almost continuously on E4. I first saw it a few years ago and have watched it twice now. Love Jess and Luke.
  • Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pocatello wrote: »

I'd agree, after season three it's a cycle of decreasing returns and I hated Logan :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry if it has been mentioned but I am not sure. What is the age gap between Rory and Lorelai? I know Rory is 16 but not sure how old her mum is.
  • Options
    ScrubberScrubber Posts: 4,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great show. I only discovered it about a year or two ago by watching re-runs on E4.

Shame it didn't last longer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i remember the days before it was on E4, First Nickelodeon showed it but never got past series 3 then hallmark showed it on Saturday mornings think they got up2 series 5 now E4 seem to repeat it all the time. series' 2/3 are my fav also this moment in series 4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Bg_JZWDGH4 :cry: 5/6/7 are ok but nothing compared to the early episodes
  • Options
    hugsiehugsie Posts: 17,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry if it has been mentioned but I am not sure. What is the age gap between Rory and Lorelai? I know Rory is 16 but not sure how old her mum is.

I believe Lorelai was 16 when she got pregnant.
    :)