Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• zooooooooooooozooooooooooooo Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw Victor Spinetti, Jon Pertwee and Melvyn Hayes doing Superted years ago, they were all very nice.

Shook hands with Davy Jones when I was about ten, being a huge Monkees fan I was so pleased to tell everyone in school the next day, but no-one else had heard of them :(.
  • EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Lee Mcqueen who won Apprentice 2008 he gave a talk at my college and after woulds i met him and got his autograph
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    F. Murray Braham (won an Oscar for Amadeus) is a gentleman. Polite and friendly - just a thoroughly lovely man.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Love this thread. I've met a few celebs since moving to central London:

The Wanted - very nice. Was standing next to one of them in a pub. Thought he looked familiar but couldn't place him. Then the others came over and I realised. Very nice - posed for a photo with me and asked if I was having a good night.

Patsy Kensit - OK but desperate to be recognised. She was at my weight watchers meeting just before her campaign came out, trying to blend in as a normal member but also saying 'I'm Patsy' very loudly to everyone and insisting on presenting the weight loss awards etc

Brian McFaddden - not nice. Saw him in a shopping centre with his wife recently. I caught is eye by chance and I thought he was someone I knew at first so said 'hi' and he gave me a withering look.

Dean Gaffeny - met him outside a club when I was slightly worse for wear and I loved the fact I had seen him as I'm a big Eastenders fan. I called him Robbie which he didn't seem very impressed about but fair enough.

Minnie Driver - lovely. She was sitting at the table next to me in a cafe with her daughter and what I presume was her mum. She and her mum had a glass of wine each from the bottle they were sharing and then gave my friend and I the rest of the bottle as they were leaving.

Love reading everyone's stories. My friend is an air hostess and has told me lots of great anecdotes. She too thinks Cilla is vile, as is Holly Valance according to her. Apparently Holly shunned the menu, slagging off the food and drink selections, would only speak through her manager and was just generally horrible.She says David Beckham is an absolute gem.
  • enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    World's best anecdote... :p

thats what happened,
  • Hassaan13Hassaan13 Posts: 41,891
    Forum Member
    I'm rather startled at the fact over a million have viewed this thread.

Haven't really met any but have known to have heard that some celebrities have refused to meet people for whatever reason.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think there's anything odd about someone wanting to respect their privacy.

I'll bump this one as to why KB CBE is a very private person. In the early eighties this eccentric academic called Fred Vermorel wrote a very strange biography of the singer- a previous one had to withdrawn as it was libellous- where he hid in the garden of both KB's home and her parental home and even knew the name of her cats. Also he got his hands on her mother's wedding photographs- I'm sure Vermorel must have stolen them as he seemed to behave like a deranged stalker when he wrote that book.
  • grantus_maxgrantus_max Posts: 2,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    enudzio wrote: »
    thats what happened,

What - that they were 'nice'? I'd hardly describe that as something that happened.

Couldn't you have made something up to liven it up a bit - like they were snorting charlie off each other's backsides whilst waggling their bare breasts towards Buckingham Palace?

:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually reading online about this character and Kate Bush, he seems very strange, even to the point of dangerous. It's no wonder she kept moving around the South for years and stopped recording and being wary of any approaches from fans unless at a convention.
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,750
    Forum Member
    I've met Nathan, Max and Tom from The Wanted who were lovely, spent a lot of time with my younger brother and took a few pictures, Heidi and Keisha from the Sugababes at their final gig together and both seemed nice if a little stand-offish but nothing I didn't expect from the press.. I've met a couple of the Geordie Shore and TOWIE cast, Geordie Shore ones were nice but TOWIE were horrible, very up themselves and put themselves way above their level of fame..
  • MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    planets wrote: »
    i met sam neill (jurassic park, the dish, the piano etc) years ago and he was absolutely lovely, he couldn't have been nicer and was ever so much better looking in real life....

I met him when he was filming The Umbrella Woman in the tiny NSW town of Bowraville years ago - my cousin lived there and had the only hairdressing salon in the town. We were visiting at the time and we got to watch some of the filming over a few days. Sam Neill is a true gent, wandered around and spoke to the locals in between filming. Bryan Brown was newly married to Rachel Ward and he was there too, I'd already met him prior when my dad appeared in a scene with him in A Town Like Alice. But two very down to earth, totally unpretentious people. They'd have to be, nobody does 'pretentious' in a place like Bowraville, lol.
  • planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member
    I met him when he was filming The Umbrella Woman in the tiny NSW town of Bowraville years ago - my cousin lived there and had the only hairdressing salon in the town. We were visiting at the time and we got to watch some of the filming over a few days. Sam Neill is a true gent, wandered around and spoke to the locals in between filming. Bryan Brown was newly married to Rachel Ward and he was there too, I'd already met him prior when my dad appeared in a scene with him in A Town Like Alice. But two very down to earth, totally unpretentious people. They'd have to be, nobody does 'pretentious' in a place like Bowraville, lol.

really nice to read that,.......oh i LOVED that version of a Town Like Alice!!! i will have seen your dad!
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see Mary Berry all the time. I'm a huge Bake Off fan but I never approach her because it's not the kind of thing I do as celebs deserve space...I'd love to though! Last couple of times I've seen her, she's been pushing a massive, laiden trolley round the supermarket on her own and I kind of want to help her with it - not because she's Mary Berry but because she's nearly 80 and I'd do the same for my nan if she was still alive!

She very often wears the most awesome fluffy cow print boots you've ever seen, she should wear them on telly, they're awesome. Always makes me smile when I see her. I hope I'm that independent and funky boot wearing when I'm her age :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    I met Murray Walker many years ago at Donington Park, and he generously signed two posters we were auctioning for charity. Top man and gent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    I envy anyone who has met Kate Bush. She's my idol, but I can completely understand why she keeps her distance. She's had a few stalkers go after her in her time, poor woman. I don't think I'd actually want to approach her if I saw her in public, knowing just how much she values her privacy and normality.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    I see Mary Berry all the time. I'm a huge Bake Off fan but I never approach her because it's not the kind of thing I do as celebs deserve space...I'd love to though! Last couple of times I've seen her, she's been pushing a massive, laiden trolley round the supermarket on her own and I kind of want to help her with it - not because she's Mary Berry but because she's nearly 80 and I'd do the same for my nan if she was still alive!

She very often wears the most awesome fluffy cow print boots you've ever seen, she should wear them on telly, they're awesome. Always makes me smile when I see her. I hope I'm that independent and funky boot wearing when I'm her age :)

She did! She wore them during the 2 part the BBC recently did about her life (which is well worth a watch) - and I agree, they were awesome :)
  • Lily_MLily_M Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    I'll bump this one as to why KB CBE is a very private person. In the early eighties this eccentric academic called Fred Vermorel wrote a very strange biography of the singer- a previous one had to withdrawn as it was libellous- where he hid in the garden of both KB's home and her parental home and even knew the name of her cats. Also he got his hands on her mother's wedding photographs- I'm sure Vermorel must have stolen them as he seemed to behave like a deranged stalker when he wrote that book.
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Actually reading online about this character and Kate Bush, he seems very strange, even to the point of dangerous. It's no wonder she kept moving around the South for years and stopped recording and being wary of any approaches from fans unless at a convention.

In 1982-84, I was working as an admin assistant at my local police station in SE London, processing reports of traffic offences. Kate Bush had a house a couple of miles up the road.

One day a report landed on my desk, of a car which had been seen parked up (in Kate's road) with no tax. It was registered to Fred Vermorel, with an address that wasn't local (somewhere in North London I think, but I can't remember). I remember that I recognized the name because my brother was into punk and the Vermorels had written a book about the Sex Pistols, also I think Fred used to write for some of the music papers. I remember thinking "what is Fred Vermorel doing in this neck of the woods?". I didn't connect him with Kate at the time because I thought of him as a "punk" journalist, but in hindsight, it seems that he was probably stalking Kate.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,219
    Forum Member
    Black Sky wrote: »
    I envy anyone who has met Kate Bush. She's my idol, but I can completely understand why she keeps her distance. She's had a few stalkers go after her in her time, poor woman. I don't think I'd actually want to approach her if I saw her in public, knowing just how much she values her privacy and normality.

My cousin used to live practically next door to her. She never met her or even saw her the whole time she lived there.
  • grantus_maxgrantus_max Posts: 2,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mallaha wrote: »
    My cousin used to live practically next door to her. She never met her or even saw her the whole time she lived there.

These celebrity anecdotes are just getting better and better... :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,219
    Forum Member
    These celebrity anecdotes are just getting better and better... :D

Apparently, a delivery man she used had spoken to Kate before and deemed her "quite nice". :D
  • sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's a real shame she's hidden out for so many years she could sell out tours if she made a proper comeback.
  • soundchecksoundcheck Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    sparkle22 wrote: »
    I think it's a real shame she's hidden out for so many years she could sell out tours if she made a proper comeback.

She could do a sequel to 'Pi'. It practically writes itself...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    sparkle22 wrote: »

I really don't think she will ever tour or even perform live in any way again.

Did you see her collecting her South Bank Award last year? She was terrified, and that was just a low-key ceremony where all she had to do was give a brief speech.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mallaha wrote: »

A friend lived on the same road in Ongar as her sister Wendy. She met Kate once and said she was nice but very nervous, probably this was after the Fred Vermorel era.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of my friends was a fan of the Cure and was delighted to bump into Robert Smith, saying he was a fan, to which Smith replied, " no you're not" in some weird drone. What a stupid remark to make.
    My brother met Dave Pearce, Radio 1 DJ, in Majorca and found him pleasant enough and totally not up himself.