lucy storyline ruining eastenders...

2»

Comments

• Hobbes1966Hobbes1966 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    For me the storyline jumped the shark with Lauren returning and not saying anything.
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    Personally, I luv it, yes parts of it have annoyed me, but overall its been a great storyline.
  • NefersitraNefersitra Posts: 2,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well when Max helped Stacey escape in 2010, that story was suspended until Lacey returned. It was concluded three years later with Janine withdrawing her accusation and Stacey using her bipolar to get her off the hook for killing Archie. Maybe something similar will happen with Max.

They've already set it up to get Max back; it'll come out in a year of so the jury was tampered with and the verdict will be thrown out. Then they can either re-try Max and have him found innocent or have someone else confess/ be convicted.
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nefersitra wrote: »
    They've already set it up to get Max back; it'll come out in a year of so the jury was tampered with and the verdict will be thrown out. Then they can either re-try Max and have him found innocent or have someone else confess/ be convicted.

No doubt Phil won't be punished for paying to tamper the jury. EE is a complete sham.

DTC stop this BS or get out.
  • NefersitraNefersitra Posts: 2,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cooler wrote: »
    No doubt Phil won't be punished for paying to tamper the jury. EE is a complete sham.

That's Steve McFadden's panto break sorted for next year then.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's like a runaway train! :o
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nefersitra wrote: »
    That's Steve McFadden's panto break sorted for next year then.

Yeah it is so bloody predictable.

All of his storylines are - you just know whatever despicable crime he commits or whose life he happily destroys nothing ever come back to bit him on the arse.

Look what has happened to Ma Doormat since she has shared his bed - happy to let poor Max go down for murder.

How long did Sharon take to forgive him over Dennis, the kicking in the club, shagging Shirley or knowing about Kathy for three years?

A microsecond?

A nanosecond?

A picosecond?
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just gone on for far too long now, it's boring. The longer it's going on, the more ridiculous it get's. To be honest, as soon as Bobby was revealed as the killer, the story died.

Just move on now, they need to stop coming up with stupid ways to drag out the story. It's been going on for a year and a half, enough it enough.
  • Peg ODwyerPeg ODwyer Posts: 42,874
    Forum Member
    I agree, it has dragged on for far too long & involved far too many people, it is now nonsensical & in fairy tale land.
  • David_HillDavid_Hill Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the storyline until Lauren agreed to keep the secret, now it's just a huge farce. If Max keeps the secret then Eastenders deserves criticism tbh.
  • MissMonkeyMooMissMonkeyMoo Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    katt wrote: »
    started out as a fantastic storyline in my opinion

fell completely apart when Bobby was revealed as the killer and has now become a joke as more and more people know it was Bobby and yet are happy to sit back and see an innocent man on trial for something they KNOW he didnt do AND have to nerve to sit in the court and WATCH as he is found guilty

Totally agree.
  • MissMonkeyMooMissMonkeyMoo Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it is so bloody predictable.

All of his storylines are - you just know whatever despicable crime he commits or whose life he happily destroys nothing ever come back to bit him on the arse.

Look what has happened to Ma Doormat since she has shared his bed - happy to let poor Max go down for murder.

How long did Sharon take to forgive him over Dennis, the kicking in the club, shagging Shirley or knowing about Kathy for three years?

A microsecond?

A nanosecond?

A picosecond?

Ha ha, so true! :D:D:D
  • nemesisisnemesisis Posts: 6,169
    Forum Member
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    It's just gone on for far too long now, it's boring. The longer it's going on, the more ridiculous it get's. To be honest, as soon as Bobby was revealed as the killer, the story died.

Just move on now, they need to stop coming up with stupid ways to drag out the story. It's been going on for a year and a half, enough it enough.

agree with this - EE used to be my favourite but the "who killed Lucy" story has made the show so boring now. I finally gave up about six months ago but occasionally give it a look in hopes that it is better (but no its still the Lucy story) the reveal to find out who shot Phil was about a month, IMO EE at its best, its a shame but lazy writers and boring stories are ruining this show :(:(
  • loco_localoco_loca Posts: 899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The storyline has made too many characters detestable.

It is also too unrealistic. I find it hard to imagine that so many people would know of Max's innocence without saying anything. I also find it unrealistic that a jury member would accept a bride before convincing the other jury members to vote not guilty.

I think in Soap Operas it is important to get the right balance. You always need to have a villain that takes things too far, but you expect the central characters to be a reflection of the people you meet in your day to day life: people with flaws but not wholly evil.

This storyline is too dependent on a large chunk of the cast being vile, unscrupulous dirt-bags.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tonight's script:

Max: Oh, you did it to protect Bobby. Now I understand. I'm perfectly happy to go on the run for a year, I mean indefinitely, as it's to protect Bobby.

Jane: I won't see an innocent man go . . . Oh wait, you agreed. Cheers! Here's my invisibility cloak, off you pop.

***12 Months Later***

Max: Changed my mind, I'm innocent.

Jane: Fair enough, well Denise ate her last Rolo without even offering it to me, I'll drop her in it. Cheers!

Max: Cheers!

Repeat ad nauseum, just replace Denise with any character/actress who wants a break of any length.
  • Leo_Raines1Leo_Raines1 Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    "Hey copper. I've got to tell you something, its important"

"Sorry your father, the murderer just jumped the court and escaped,"

"But it's really important."

"I don't have time for this"

"Oh okay on you go. Catch him."

I swear all the shouting on Eastenders and now everyone seems to have lost their voice.

"HEY YOU...COPPER. IT WAS BOBBY BEALE"

Situation fixed.
  • patricia50patricia50 Posts: 3,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its just gone on and on and on. The most ridiculous story line with so many people knowing the truth and not telling the police and the way some characters are more than willing to let an innocent man go to prison. ITs completely ruined Jane's character and I feel no empathy towards her at all. It feels liked it has stifled any other storylines and I feel as frustrated with it as the Ronnie babyswapl story. As for the Dean thing, I was hoping he would show his true colours to Roxy at some point so that the Carter's were believed about him. Its just a mess at the moment and needs to improve or this is one viewer from the very beginning who will be saying bye bye.