Options

I guess we know why Simon Cowell had it in for Mary

Chisato GeesteChisato Geeste Posts: 20,654
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Topped the vote in Week 1, and came second in Week 2 and Week 3. Every week thereafter he did his best to undermine her. At least we all know why now.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such a shame. Mary would have been a great winner.
  • Options
    youngswedeyoungswede Posts: 2,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FernandoM wrote: »
    Such a shame. Mary would have been a great winner.

I agree whole heartedly, although i think Matt would still have beaten her in the end.

She has been totally short changed
  • Options
    CorkonionCorkonion Posts: 975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abm..........thats anyone but6 matt.............not mary
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Interesting - as soon as Cheryl and Simon started criticising her as a one trick pony - she slid down the voting.

And who says people don't take their cue!
  • Options
    Born lippyBorn lippy Posts: 2,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand why he did, she'd have been just as worthy a winner as Matt (more in my opinion!) But he very clearly did.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The US has already embraced Susan Boyle so Simon would hardly want to produce a similar version and say this is what we produced in the X-Factor. Why take the programme format across the pond in that case when they have America's Got Talent. He needed someone very different and that meant he had to get rid of Mary.
  • Options
    maringarmaringar Posts: 6,737
    Forum Member
    Well the GBP got it wrong last year, look at poor J Mc E, I think Marys confidence took a knock with Simons comments, but I as a fan totally believed in her and still do, but op I can understand what you are saying, and Simons' inflluence is quiite big in G.B. the remaining resultts will be interesting imo:)
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a real shame that he started calling her a one trick pony and a pub singer just because she was doing so well in the voting : quite lousy tactics in fact.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The manipulation is a tragedy. You'd think Simon puts money on the acts.