Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 4)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,386
Administrator
newbaby wrote: »
    Admin Notice: This thread is a continuation of: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1527300

Comments

• BerBer Posts: 24,562
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      From the previous thread...

Anyone who claims to love animals as much as Liz wouldn't set foot in Harrods much less actually purchase stuff from their pet department.

But then again this is Liz the teetotal vegan who drinks champagne and cocktails and also wears leather and eats cheese so why am I not surprised?
    • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Ber wrote: »
      From the previous thread...

Anyone who claims to love animals as much as Liz wouldn't set foot in Harrods much less actually purchase stuff from their pet department.

But then again this is Liz the teetotal vegan who drinks champagne and cocktails and also wears leather and eats cheese so why am I not surprised?

If she really loved animals she wouldn't have kept poor old Squeaky in terrible pain for weeks before having him put down, just because she'd have been bereft without him.

Selfish and cruel woman. :mad:
    • gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      If she really loved animals she wouldn't have kept poor old Squeaky in terrible pain for weeks before having him put down, just because she'd have been bereft without him.

How so?
    • Sarah SoreenSarah Soreen Posts: 5,568
      Forum Member

Thanks for the new thread Admin :)

How can Squeaky have been put down though? He is in a photo in todays article captioned as having been there over her solitary New Year. Seriously lol, have a look. I quote the caption as a cut/paste
      Cat lady: Liz Jones with Squeaky the cat, who was one of her only friends over New Year

Plus photo...
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Thanks for the new thread Admin :)

How can Squeaky have been put down though? He is in a photo in todays article captioned as having been there over her solitary New Year. Seriously lol, have a look. I quote the caption as a cut/paste

Plus photo...

Squeaky died in March.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-2108112/Goodbye-squeaky-God-bless.html

The caption writers haven't the faintest idea what they're doing. The pic of her by the fire is one that's been used before in her columns and was taken in the old Somerset house.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1369017/How-seconds-day-therapy-cured-depression.html

IIRC the cat called Grebo is no more as well. Liz seems to have the Kiss of Death about her.....
    • L_SilverwolfL_Silverwolf Posts: 770
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Sorry - just replying to Bellagio from the last thread...

I loved Chris White's Spanish Wine (is that the same bloke?) :D
    • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      I lurk in this thread from time to time, just wanted to say any animal lover who visits Harrods' pets department would be very upset. I've seen random pet shops who cared better for their animals. Vile.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I lurk in this thread from time to time, just wanted to say any animal lover who visits Harrods' pets department would be very upset. I've seen random pet shops who cared better for their animals. Vile.

Um, you aren't Liz's ex Trevor of the TCP aftershave who 'ran off with a stylist called Jenny' are you? ;):D
    • FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

How so?

...a loving pet owner does not prolong their pet's suffering just because the owner doesn't want to be without them any more. The ultimate in selfishness, IMO.

And today's whingefest takes us full circle - back to the old diatribe of "I had some friends, but then I wrote about their personal lives and/or insulted them in the national press - why, oh why, won't they talk to me any more? Why me? Waaah"

As somebody in the comments pointed out - if one friend dumps you, it might be them. If two friends dump you, it might be both of you. If all your friends dump you, it's you. :rolleyes:
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      How so?

As you obviously don't read Liz's articles you have no idea....
    • FatsiaFatsia Posts: 1,187
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      ... and another thing! :o

She has the AUDACITY to print this:

"And this loneliness, friendless thing, can happen to anyone. My oldest sister Clare was once married with two kids and an active social life. When she fell over just before Christmas and broke her hip, there was no one she could call. When she got home from the hospital to her tiny flat, it was cold, without even a bottle of milk."

Excuse me for asking, Liz dear, but where the Blinkin' Blimmin Heck were you????? No one she could call :mad: You couldn't possibly pop round and switch the heating on, buy a loaf of bread and a pint of milk for her? Or, if you're too busy being frightfully important (as well as "funny, kind, generous and interesting") perhaps pay your assistant to do it? Enjoy your vat of gin.
    • Sarah SoreenSarah Soreen Posts: 5,568
      Forum Member
      Squeaky died in March.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-2108112/Goodbye-squeaky-God-bless.html

The caption writers haven't the faintest idea what they're doing. The pic of her by the fire is one that's been used before in her columns and was taken in the old Somerset house.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1369017/How-seconds-day-therapy-cured-depression.html

IIRC the cat called Grebo is no more as well. Liz seems to have the Kiss of Death about her.....

I hope you are right and that it is a mistake by the caption writers, others on the DM site have noticed too. The one captioned as Squeaky though is one that I havent seen before. I've seen the fireside one many times, but the one captioned as Squeaky looks like it is in her new house, its certainly the same room as the main photo with Michael and her on the bed, which I also havent seen before.

I remember the Diary, I think, although I havent checked it, that I offered my own sad condolences on there along with all the others. Anyone recognise which cat it actually is in that photo? I lose track over time as to which is which, and I only actually read that caption in the first place as the black cat in it looks very much like my own. I usually skim the stuff under all the pics and wouldnt normally have noticed at all, but for the similarity to mine.
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Fatsia wrote: »
      ... and another thing! :o

"And this loneliness, friendless thing, can happen to anyone. My oldest sister Clare was once married with two kids and an active social life. When she fell over just before Christmas and broke her hip, there was no one she could call. When she got home from the hospital to her tiny flat, it was cold, without even a bottle of milk."

Excuse me for asking, Liz dear, but where the Blinkin' Blimmin Heck were you????? No one she could call :mad: You couldn't possibly pop round and switch the heating on, buy a loaf of bread and a pint of milk for her? Or, if you're too busy being frightfully important (as well as "funny, kind, generous and interesting") perhaps pay your assistant to do it? Enjoy your vat of gin.

This is the sister she wrote about just before Christmas and said she was an alcoholic.
      But there are always two sides to every story. My sister, once admitted with her fractured hip, suffered from alcohol withdrawal – the most common cause of breaks in limbs in the over-60 woman.
      This is followed by extreme cold in the limbs which, as most women of this age don’t have pensions or a husband, is as endemic as vodka.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2245317/Compassion--try-start-bashing-nurses.html

No wonder her family don't want anything to do with her when she puts all their faults and problems in print. And what in the name of all that's holy is the second paragraph about? :confused::confused:
    • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      Um, you aren't Liz's ex Trevor of the TCP aftershave who 'ran off with a stylist called Jenny' are you? ;):D

;)

Hell to the no! How anyone knowingly enters a relationship with the harridan is beyond me. :eek:
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      ;)

Hell to the no! How anyone knowingly enters a relationship with the harridan is beyond me. :eek:

Glad to hear it trev! ;)

That's why the RS is a figment of her fevered imaginings! No real man would want her! :D
    • gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      As you obviously don't read Liz's articles you have no idea....

Ah I have a job you see! What say you? :)
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Ah I have a job you see! What say you? :)

Yeah, me too. Do you?
    • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
      Forum Member
      I have a full time job, plus a second one in the evenings, two teenage boys to ferry around and a house to run and I've read her articles. What say you?
    • BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

Same guy - long-time friend and truly excellent fellow.
    • coldcomfortcoldcomfort Posts: 778
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      I thought Sunday's Dreary was ludicrous, what with sixteen voyeuristic cats scoffing prawns on her cashmere duvet cover, blah, blah. Total bloody nutcase! But then I read her pity-fest about the Christmas/New Year period, which was at complete odds with the drivel she 'wrote' the previous week about not having to put up with obnoxious relatives and greasy plates at this time of year. And her crap tattoo must have shrunk as, in that shot of her in a bar or whatever, there're no hooves (paws) poking out of her tee-shirt sleeve. I agree her bedroom looks dire. I thought she was supposed to be at the cutting edge of all things wonderful and trendy, but it looks like some old biddy's parlour. Dreadful!
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      I thought Sunday's Dreary was ludicrous, what with sixteen voyeuristic cats scoffing prawns on her cashmere duvet cover, blah, blah. Total bloody nutcase! But then I read her pity-fest about the Christmas/New Year period, which was at complete odds with the drivel she 'wrote' the previous week about not having to put up with obnoxious relatives and greasy plates at this time of year. And her crap tattoo must have shrunk as, in that shot of her in a bar or whatever, there're no hooves (paws) poking out of her tee-shirt sleeve. I agree her bedroom looks dire. I thought she was supposed to be at the cutting edge of all things wonderful and trendy, but it looks like some old biddy's parlour. Dreadful!

My mum had wallpaper like that back in 1965.

I don't think you get Farrow & Ball in rented houses. Liz must be so cross. :D

I bet the pic of her in the bar is probably one reused from some other farticle which accounts for no sighting of the crap tattoo.
    • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      *reads the "January is the loneliest month" article*

God that whinefest was hard to get through. IF she didn't write about everyone she knows then maybe people would care about her. You can write about things and your life without naming names Liz.

What I cannot understand is why that article had to be ALL about her?

She could have done an article about the lonely older generation out there who never see anyone and don't have a column or website on which to air their despair. Or visited a homeless unit.

Or gone to a mental hospital and speak to the really depressed who don't tell anyone in print that they don't want to wake up anymore and don't wait for someone to reply to them to check on them.

Someone needs to sit her down and make her listen to the word of "Streets of London" by Ralph McTell:

"So how can you tell me you're lonely,
      And say for you that the sun don't shine?
      Let me take you by the hand and lead you through the streets of London
      I'll show you something to make you change your mind"

Stop feeling so bloody sorry for yourself woman and build bridges without putting them into print.

Am now going to make myself a cup of tea and nom some nice biccies. :D
    • cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭

Oh, that's one of my all-time favourite songs! I have the sheet music right here in the piano stool! :) Fabulous song, beautiful dreamy harmonies.

Sorry....back on topic! :)
    • vampyrevampyre Posts: 613
      Forum Member
      ✭✭
      She thinks the homeless are "scary" and "smelly" and don't want to be helped because they're happy as they are.
    • sianlovescatssianlovescats Posts: 1,039
      Forum Member
      ✭✭✭
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Fatsia
      ... and another thing!

Excuse me for asking, Liz dear, but where the Blinkin' Blimmin Heck were you????? No one she could call You couldn't possibly pop round and switch the heating on, buy a loaf of bread and a pint of milk for her? Or, if you're too busy being frightfully important (as well as "funny, kind, generous and interesting") perhaps pay your assistant to do it? Enjoy your vat of gin.
      This is the sister she wrote about just before Christmas and said she was an alcoholic.
      Quote:
      But there are always two sides to every story. My sister, once admitted with her fractured hip, suffered from alcohol withdrawal – the most common cause of breaks in limbs in the over-60 woman.
      This is followed by extreme cold in the limbs which, as most women of this age don’t have pensions or a husband, is as endemic as vodka.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...ng-nurses.html
      No wonder her family don't want anything to do with her when she puts all their faults and problems in print. And what in the name of all that's holy is the second paragraph about?
      So the most common cause of broken limbs is alcohol? And there was I thinking that ill-fitting shoes, low blood pressure, osteoporosis, icy pavements were the cause! How stoopid am I? She’s just offended every elderly person in the UK. But that’s nothing new! When I see her name on top/bottom of articles, I turn to the next page quickly. Until I wandered around DS I always thought I was the only person that can’t stand this bloody woman. How is she still employed as a features writer when she wouldn’t know the truth if it smacked her in the kidneys. I read the article about her sister....also read about her being upset that her mother was complaining of hunger even though a ‘carer’ was in the house. Did she make her mother a meal or take her to her own home? NO! She rang the district nurse who was probably off duty and told her to do an unnanounced home visit. And moaning that her sister was dumped in a cold flat by ‘uncaring’ ambulance staff??? Uhhhh, why wasn’t she there to meet her? And as other Forum members have said...why couldn’t she have warmed the flat and done a bit of food-shopping? And she works for a newspaper that always slags off public services, immigration services, council workers etc. And yet she couldn’t be arsed to pick up her sister from the hospital! She’s utterly vile! And a useless journalist who is incapable of rational or critical thought.
      BTW, all elderly women have a state pension.....so why is she saying most women of that age group don’t????