Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 4)

Comments

• PolominiPolomini Posts: 533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did I read it wrong, then? I thought she liked the pastry bit...

"I chose a goat’s cheese tart to start, even though I don’t like goat’s cheese, and I said how amazing the pastry was."
  • pixiebootspixieboots Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Polomini wrote: »
    Did I read it wrong, then? I thought she liked the pastry bit...

She liked the pastry in the hotel but as Dscrace pointed out to her if he made her the lard pastry she wouldn't eat it, in other words every single thing about him (apart from the fact she fancied him 30 years ago) irritates her. Yet he stays and lets her portray him as a leech in print whenever she feels like it as apparently its only entertainment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's how I read it, too.

Anyway, I can't for the life of me see why the baker stays with her, money and lifestyle notwithstanding. Being lambasted in print week after week must have a demoralising effect on anyone's self-esteem, no matter how much he protests that it's 'only entertainment'. I wouldn't think his friends and family find it easy to watch him being traduced on a regular basis, and he appears to be thoroughly depressed and, dare I say it, completely emasculated. Unsurprisingly.

Liz's attitude towards him is the absolute opposite of someone who cares for and about their partner. Emotionally, she seems to have stopped developing at the age of about four.

I wish they'd do themselves - and us - the favour of calling time and stop this pitiful mutual destruction. It's not clever and it's definitely not pretty.
  • Jennifer_Jones2Jennifer_Jones2 Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    I wonder if he doesn't really mind because she's paying him to help bolster her column and give her plenty to write about. We are all supposed to be deeply interested in her love and sex life and that gives her security, him money and both of them outings and expenses.

She just takes it too far by being persistently vile to and about him and doesn't seem to realise that, being like that, makes it just impossible to imagine that there is any real or lasting affection between them. As she has never really loved anyone, she doesn't know that the last thing you want to do is treat the one you love so unkindly.

That's why the whole "romance" looks so much more like a financial transaction!
  • amikolaichekamikolaichek Posts: 531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Y-A-W-N .... she's even more tedious this week. Both in the Dreary and the other somewhat incoherent stuff about renting. No wonder no-one has commented here yet.

Does she really think anyone gives a flying whatsit if she marries The Baker or not (apart from his poor family)? I agree with some other posters here - the whole idiotic thing is just a sort of 'devil's pact' to keep her almost moribund MoS job going a bit longer.
  • CyanideCindyCyanideCindy Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    From today's Dreary:
    Anyway, last week, having got back from our entirely non dirty weekend in Ramsgate, I got an email from the owner of the wedding venue.
    She wants a 50 per cent deposit, even though we are still eight months away from tying the knot.

From The Dreary - 23rd August:
    On Friday, after work, I drove to Lime Wood Hotel in the New Forest for my mini hen night (the last time I was here, I was with Pearl Lowe and Danny Goffey, though I had been more impressed by the fact the bathroom lights up by itself, and the loo seats are heated).

I rarely post about LJ anymore - her lies and inconsistencies have become so predictable...she's a joke.
    Couldn't resist this though - there was seemingly about 12 months between her hen night and the supposed wedding which is set for next July(?).
    She's desperate for copy and was expecting the fictitious 'hen night' story to draw attention back to The Dreary.
  • Mr CurmudgeonMr Curmudgeon Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    I agree. There's nothing left to say that hasn't already been said about the ramblings of this sad, embittered narcissist.

The best comment was from the poster on the DM who said that the only reason he read The Dreary each week was to cheer him up and realise just how wonderful his own life is. There are people living in cardboard boxes in shop-doorways and selling 'The Big Issue' that have infinitely happier lives than The Lizard.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When she first floated the wedding idea, I sure she said that it was set for this September ie last month. Maybe she's forgotten that, or maybe it's been quietly postponed at some point? Maybe it'll be dragged on for ever...
    Forum Member
    She definitely said the wedding was September this year and walked over to see the church with a friend and some dogs.

This is all just a big wind up so she keeps her job at the MoS, but the MoS is beginning to look ridiculous for publishing what is, essentially, a load of tosh.

Nostril waxing has been around on and off for some time, but the hairs on our bodies do grow where they are for a reason, so I wonder what she's like when she's got a cold!! I also wonder, if David is as ill as she says, why is he working full time in a very health conscious industry? Not sure I'd want to eat anything he's made.
  • BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interestingly, the WAG Free website is currently being "updated", and the Facebook WAG Free page's - to which the website directs you - last posting is March 23rd, which is also the date of their last Twitter entry. According to a Tripadvisor post, it was closed at lunchtime on August 5th. Not exactly signs of a thriving business...
  • tonywilsontonywilson Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    There are people living in cardboard boxes in shop-doorways and selling 'The Big Issue' that have infinitely happier lives than The Lizard.

How offensive and ignorant. Clearly you've never been kicked awake by a policeman just as you'd managed to drift off too sleep in a public area.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tonywilson wrote: »
    How offensive and ignorant. Clearly you've never been kicked awake by a policeman just as you'd managed to drift off too sleep in a public area.

I believe Mr. C. was being sarcastic, albeit with some justification.
  • Suzy_CatSuzy_Cat Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Bellagio's observations mean what they seem likely to mean...

Can it REALLY be true? Can Liz be so blinkered that when the Love Of Her Life/Fiance's business is going down the toilet - which might well have some bearing on his lack of enthusiasm for personal grooming, tidying the garden she's been nagging him about for a year, and sex - all she can think about is his failure to do everything he possibly can to "please" her?

Can she REALLY think it's a good idea to write in an internationally circulated column about how your near-OAP probably depressed husband to be, whose name and workplace have been made public, isn't in the mood for nookie? And act like that is all about her?

SHUDDER.

You know that of course they're going to get married, and this gruesome fandango will only end with the decease of one or the other. Why do I read it. Why?
  • pixiebootspixieboots Posts: 3,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he's broke then that explains why he's going along with his own public humiliation. It wouldn't be my choice but then if I was his age and with his prospects........He should open up a WAG free shop in the west of Ireland, half the population is coeliac there and gf soda bread would go down a storm. Sea, mountains, good pace of life for an older gent and no LJ publicly berating him for being himself.
  • Rubbish NameRubbish Name Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to company's house, both WAGfree Cafe Ltd and WAGfree Bakery Ltd were dissolved in April 2015. There is also WAGfree Brixton ltd, David Scrace was listed as a director until resigning in Dec 2014. That leaves WAGfree Food Ltd, which David Scrace is listed as a director of, but their accounts are well overdue (no accounts posted since Sept 2011) and there have been 2 'compulsory strike-off' actions averted at the last minute.

They havent been as bolstered by their deal with the devil as they might have hoped.
  • Suzy_CatSuzy_Cat Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear. Poor bugger.

And here's Liz parading him in the papers as an ungrateful slob who fails to be moved by her waxed nostrils and only gives her cheap jewellery.
  • David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to company's house, both WAGfree Cafe Ltd and WAGfree Bakery Ltd were dissolved in April 2015. There is also WAGfree Brixton ltd, David Scrace was listed as a director until resigning in Dec 2014. That leaves WAGfree Food Ltd, which David Scrace is listed as a director of, but their accounts are well overdue (no accounts posted since Sept 2011) and there have been 2 'compulsory strike-off' actions averted at the last minute.

They havent been as bolstered by their deal with the devil as they might have hoped.

Funny how she's kept all of this out of her columns when she goes on about him being "mean" and "tight" and not in the mood to give her a good basting...:D
  • LilaethLilaeth Posts: 750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any normal person would have mentioned that their partner's business was not doing well. Not The Lizard. She's too busy waxing herself to death, and expecting him to spend money he doesn't have on fripperies. What a catch she is!
  • CyanideCindyCyanideCindy Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    I'm sure I can recall reading online (ages ago) that DScrace only had a 5% share in Wag Free...can't find the link now though.

I also read that Wag Free has only been operating on market stalls and 'pop ups' for some months now, so possibly they've not been making much profit for a while. Again, sorry but I can't find the link and haven't time to search for it right now.
    Forum Member
  • ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ... It's all made up nonsense to fill a column every week. She's a car-crash if that's her real life week to week. As for the beau, he probably has no interest whatsoever in the guff that she writes about lol :D
    I read it to have a good laugh
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did the obvious and sent the WAGFree FB page a message asking if they were still trading. Here's the response in full:

"Still trading, just a bit busy at the moment. Hope to sort out the website soon, and be a bit more communicative! Grateful for everyone's comments and messages though! WAGfree Kitchen xx"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This came from photographs that were published a couple of years ago to illustrate an interview in The Sunday Times magazine with Lynn Barber. It was titled "Liz Jones - The Edge of Reason" so I think the slightly deranged look she has was deliberately chosen.

This is the article:
    http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/Magazine/Interviews/article1278227.ece

Unfortunately, you can't see the full text and all the photos without subscribing, but you get the gist...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    ... It's all made up nonsense to fill a column every week. She's a car-crash if that's her real life week to week. As for the beau, he probably has no interest whatsoever in the guff that she writes about lol :D
    I read it to have a good laugh

Agreed.

I don't believe a word Jones writes. It's all dreamed up with maximum clickbait in mind, no more and no less. The Mail and those who write for it are the biggest professional trolls around. The fact it's the second best selling paper in the UK and so many take it seriously explains a lot about the rotten state of the country at the moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not all dreamed up - some of the people she's vilified and libelled are (or were) very real, as was the hurt she's inflicted.