Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 4)

Comments

• sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A lot of moronic people buy the Daily Mail

I haven't even read my Mag. Yet, and Liz's page is the first I turn to. But I am stll laughing at her rant in the sunday paper ,about disabled parking spaces...'it's not Lourdes' .....hilarious. I do it too, park there, but only when it's late and all babies should be in bed, and only when there are more disabled spaces than there are disabled people, aka Debenhams in Warrington. If anyone's questions this, usually my daughter, I just tell her 'well I'll drag a leg! (I am 72) so that's actually normal. You are the best laugh of the week Liz.
    Nananolife, Cheshire

Unbelievable
  • sunstonesunstone Posts: 2,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    A lot of moronic people buy the Daily Mail

I haven't even read my Mag. Yet, and Liz's page is the first I turn to. But I am stll laughing at her rant in the sunday paper ,about disabled parking spaces...'it's not Lourdes' .....hilarious. I do it too, park there, but only when it's late and all babies should be in bed, and only when there are more disabled spaces than there are disabled people, aka Debenhams in Warrington. If anyone's questions this, usually my daughter, I just tell her 'well I'll drag a leg! (I am 72) so that's actually normal. You are the best laugh of the week Liz.
    Nananolife, Cheshire

Unbelievable

Good grief!
    And how do these people judge? maybe they all work for ATOS?:mad: twits

my husband has had a stroke .he is in his 60's so not past his bedtime.( although we don't have a badge.)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sunstone wrote: »
    Good grief!
    And how do these people judge? maybe they all work for ATOS?:mad: twits

my husband has had a stroke .he is in his 60's so not past his bedtime.( although we don't have a badge.)

I got a badge for my daughter but only used it once, only parked in a disabled bay once, it's just sheer laziness why these people park in disabled bays and if they are having trouble parking their massive farm vehicles, they should get smaller cars
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got a badge for my daughter but only used it once, only parked in a disabled bay once, it's just sheer laziness why these people park in disabled bays and if they are having trouble parking their massive farm vehicles, they should get smaller cars

I totally agree,for the sake of walking an extra hundred yards or whatever,selfish people like her will cause problems for others.If someone has breathing difficulty that could cause a real problem .

eta..Can you imagine LJ running like a gazelle???:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I totally agree,for the sake of walking an extra hundred yards or whatever,selfish people like her will cause problems for others.If someone has breathing difficulty that could cause a real problem .

eta..Can you imagine LJ running like a gazelle???:D:D

I will let you know how she runs after a trip to Richmond :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She should have run in the Grand National! ( saving a poor horsey it's paws ) .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    also bop her one for me!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She should have run in the Grand National! ( saving a poor horsey it's paws ) .

No one runs old nags :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one runs old nags :D

Guffaw..:D:D:D
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she is starting to give me stomach ulcers. Kill it! Kill it with fire!!
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking of buying a big saw.....anyone like use of it after me? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking of buying a big saw.....anyone like use of it after me? :D

I'm not too far away,I could make the Chelsea Tractor a Mini,,:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Badcat wrote: »
    I think she is starting to give me stomach ulcers. Kill it! Kill it with fire!!
    Gaviscon? :)
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not too far away,I could make the Chelsea Tractor a Mini,,:o

Or you could take one leg and I'll take the other....... ;):D

Anyone for the arms? :confused:
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaviscon? :)

Make mine a pint :D
  • David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just read Liz Jones piece on disabled parking....

I really do think she might have been on drugs when she wrote this bizarre, rambling, turgid mess of an article :eek:
  • Amused HarpyAmused Harpy Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Liz Jones is an absolutely vile creature. If it is true that she parks in disabled parking spaces, let's hope a traffic warden catches her soon.

As for the Dreary it was totally disgusting. She's raking over the fact that her sister-in-law was an alcoholic and died as a result, not caring that it will upset her family. We're getting rehashed rubbish about Nirpal and the Osama Bin Laden lookalike, etcetera and it would appear she's looking for a way to write out her imaginary Rock Star by saying he's too high maintenance as he's an alcoholic. She really is a wind-up merchant.

It's beyond me how some readers think she's witty and a good writer. There's no accounting for taste.:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    There's something very odd going on with the moderation on the wail online. Her pisspoor article on Chanel has only half a dozen comments (one's own comments outlining Chanel's career as a Nazi collaborator didn't make the cut) and one of those refers to her parking diatribe. Comments on that were halted for some time before it was hoofed off the front page. There's something amiss...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    I shouldn't say too much in case I get into trouble with the charity concerned but parking in the bays isn't the only wrong doing revealed in the article, there have been complaints.
  • Lady StardustLady Stardust Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    I despise Liz Jones and love this thread, but I also think the Fail have a lot to answer for because I'm starting to believe LJ is seriously mentally unwell and the Fail are exploiting her. Her column has become so garbled and weird I can't see any other explanation. Even the other professional trolls who write for this rag manage to make their columns readable as far as basic prose structure and storytelling go.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kizzib wrote: »
    I shouldn't say too much in case I get into trouble with the charity concerned but parking in the bays isn't the only wrong doing revealed in the article, there have been complaints.

I don't know exactly what you mean,but pretending to be the beneficiary of a charity is not on. :mad: ( especially if you are selectively deaf).
  • BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her deafness is somewhat akin to her anorexia (the only known anorexic with hips and bingo wings) and her veganism (eats dairy and wears & espouses leather): occasionally useful. Somewhat mutton she may be... profoundly deaf she isn't, and claiming her mangy, sheep-eviscerating mutt is a properly trained and accredited hearing dog is disgusting, even for her.

If she's profoundly anything, it's "irritating" or "inept journalist".
  • cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolute tripe in both columns today as always. I wish someone would point out to her that paying bills is just part of normal life! She seems to regard having to pay for services she's received as some sort of outrageous liberty. But hey, a good old moan and a tedious and repetitive list of debts all helps to fill the wordcount, doesn't it?

So many old stories are getting rehashed yet again...today we have a retread of the having-to-remove-shoes-in-airport-and-not-even-being-given-slippers tale, plus a reworked telling of the incident with the muddy wheelmarks in the cottage.

There are some very interesting and astute comments under both columns, pointing out that she has inadvertently given away the identities of the various people she has been writing about so personally/giving away their alcohol problems/calling "jellyfish" etc in recent weeks. As people are rightly saying, it's no good making a perfunctory show of disguising people's identities if you then go and write a string of interlinked columns that join the dots and clearly indicate who's who. Shocking.

And how come there are no letters of complaint published in the Mail after the furore generated by last week's parking-in-disabled-bays column?
  • Sarah SoreenSarah Soreen Posts: 5,568
    Forum Member
    And what of todays woeful offerings? How can someone be so utterly lackwitted that they think a 17 year old dog "getting her period" is something cute and she may have puppies, instead of being highly concerned that her dog has suddenly started to display symptoms of what could be potentially terminal illness?

Those animals should be removed from her immediately. She is too stupid to have any. They didnt ask to be "rescued" by her did they? I dont call it rescue, I call it cruelty to be saddled with someone so stupid who doesnt have the first clue about their welfare.
  • Sarah SoreenSarah Soreen Posts: 5,568
    Forum Member
    Hi Cathrin :D

You werent there when I started.