Options

Tragic news. Wonkeydonkey died today.

Comments

• Options
    allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How terribly sad. A fearless, balanced and insightful poster. We will miss her.
  • Options
    Joel BonnerJoel Bonner Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    Really sad to hear. I've been more of a lurker than a poster, but I always enjoyed her posts. I didn't always agree with her, but she made compelling points/arguments and was never afraid to voice an unpopular opinion. Without doubt a very admirable FM.

R.I.P Wonkeydonkey, you'll be missed. :(
  • Options
    ellemayellemay Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always loved reading her posts. She'll be really missed on here. x
  • Options
    doormousedoormouse Posts: 2,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIP wonky donkey and love to her family 😔
  • Options
    DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    Such sad news and a great loss to DS.
    She was one of the BB forum's greatest contributors and biggest fans for many years.
    My heart felt condolences to her family and may she rest in peace.
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=79550101#post79550101

Oh no! How very sad. Wonkey Donkey was an amazing contributor to this DS forum. An amazing writer and always so good to read her fair and honest posts! She will be sadly missed on here and my condolences go out to all her family and friends.

R,I,P Wonkey Donkey, you will be greatly missed! BB DS legend!!!!!
  • Options
    celtic starceltic star Posts: 8,254
    Forum Member
    So sad ,
    RIP Wonkeydonkey.
  • Options
    kimotagkimotag Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Terrible news. She was always one of my favourite forumers! :( RIP Wonkey.
  • Options
    intjintj Posts: 2,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad news indeed.
  • Options
    PaleHorsePaleHorse Posts: 5,681
    Forum Member
    Don't think I ever talked to her much (I think it was only once or twice), but it's never nice to hear someone's passed on. Seems there's not a lot of good news around in the world, these days. RIP.
  • Options
    HelenHHelenH Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What sad news :( I always enjoyed her posts, she was a true BB fan.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes it's very sad someone you have never met but someone i have spoken to many times on here over the last 10 years or so
  • Options
    Ms Ann ThropeMs Ann Thrope Posts: 7,213
    Forum Member
    I'm so sad to hear this, I didn't know she was ill so it comes out of the blue. She was such a wonderful civilising influence on this forum, she was always fair and intelligent in her posts and the place will be a different place without her.

RIP WD You will be much missed :cry:
  • Options
    jojo the joyfuljojo the joyful Posts: 17,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG, Dear Wonkey donkey. You will be missed sooo much.

I have actually been looking for your posts too these last few days.

Hugs to all your family & friends at this tragic moment.

I will be saying a special prayer for you tonight. Rest in peace my lovely.

xxx
  • Options
    ShantanShantan Posts: 6,423
    Forum Member
    Oh no! This is so sad

Rest In Peace WD
  • Options
    SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    RIP Wonkey Donkey, such sad news...
  • Options
    bluefbbluefb Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry to learn this. She's someone whose name I recognised on here and she always struck me as a very sincere, caring and intelligent person.
  • Options
    td1983td1983 Posts: 2,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such sad news, always one of the regulars on here every series. RIP Wonkey Donkey.
  • Options
    Purple.Purple. Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No :(

RIP x
  • Options
    AH59AH59 Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad news

A truly great Forum member and will be sadly missed

My thoughts are with her family and friends

RIP Wonkey
  • Options
    Captain KipperCaptain Kipper Posts: 9,913
    Forum Member
    This is such sad news, Wonkey was a brilliant FM....we are the poorer without her. :(
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Thanks for posting this here Anne. I had posted in GD but would like to leave my condolences here too.

Wonkey was an awesome poster. A real DS legend. Her good sense and measured erudite delivery made her one of my favourite posters. There were some people who when I saw their name as last poster would always make me click the thread. She was one such poster..

I will also remember particularly a post of hers in GD where she described havinghad to escape from a burning flat, exiting down a staircase that was on fire and getting badly burned feet in the process. It was quite a story.

I feel really sad and will miss her posts (already have truth be told) a great deal. :Bless you WD. > (:cry::cry:
  • Options
    marsha_Cutiepiemarsha_Cutiepie Posts: 9,721
    Forum Member
    I'm so sad to hear this, I didn't know she was ill so it comes out of the blue. She was such a wonderful civilising influence on this forum, she was always fair and intelligent in her posts and the place will be a different place without her.

RIP WD You will be much missed :cry:

I think you summed it up well, Wonkey had her views which she illustrated passionately but she was never blinded by them and could objectively and interestingly discuss so many BB contestants and topics. She was so balanced in her views, and was an avid, fantastic and articulate BB fan who could relay so well the many intricacies of big brother in such a wonderful and splendid way - a stalwart of this forum, she will be missed.
  • Options
    missfrizzymissfrizzy Posts: 7,536
    Forum Member
    Massive condolences to wonkey donkey's family. So very sad to hear this. Didnt know she was poorly. Got used to seeing her posts Over the years, and though I didn't really know her, I felt that I did. RIP :cry:
  • Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad news for the DS community and one who will be sorely missed. My condolences to her family and friends. :(:cry:
  • Options
    LuxrayLuxray Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saddened by this. :( I liked reading her posts even if I disagreed as she was always fair and objective.

RIP Wonkeydonkey.