Options

Fern Britton latest bikini pics money well spent?

HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What d'you reckon guys?;) Money well spent or what?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1046219/Littler-Britton-Fern-bikini-hits-beach-stone-lighter.html

Personally I can't say that she looks any more attractive despite losing "5 stones" and she certainly doesn't look glowing with health either.
:(

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    I think she looks good for a 50-year-old woman, but I also think she looked okay before the surgery. She's lucky her skin has also shrunk and she's not been left with lots of hanging flesh
  • Options
    BlueForYouBlueForYou Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She doesn't look any better IMO, the gastric band was a complete waste of time and money.

She shouldn't wear a bikini even now - it's not flattering. And if she's a size 16, then I'm Madonna! :D;)
  • Options
    Sun_BeamSun_Beam Posts: 11,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She looks alright, not marvelous by any stretch of the imagination, and certainly doesn't have a body I'd be happy to show off in a bikini, TBH, as I think she still has a lot of work to do in order to look half decent! Actually, it that EVEN a bikini? Looks like a normal black bra and knickers! :D Stating she's a 16 is just the biggest joke - does she think we're stupid! If she's that proud and honest of her paid for body like she claims to be, then why does she continually lie about her REAL size?

:yawn:
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think she looks that much different - she's certainly dropped a few pounds following the surgery but it's not a dramatic change.

It may be easier said than done, but better to follow a moderate diet and exercise regime so that you don't get too overweight in the first place.
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it actually hot enough in Cornwall last week to wear a bikini? :eek:
  • Options
    Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't wear a bikini if I looked like that but each to her own...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was it actually hot enough in Cornwall last week to wear a bikini? :eek:

I wouldn't have thought so - weather hasn't been too great recently, has it??! :eek::D
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are those marks where they went in to fit the band?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are those marks where they went in to fit the band?

Could be.

I was wondering what those marks were as well.
  • Options
    TinpotTinpot Posts: 2,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OH GOD MY PRECIOUS EYES.

A tan may have helped.
  • Options
    ShiftyDundeeShiftyDundee Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    I don't have time to read it - did Greenpeace chuck it back in?
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was expecting her to look better than that to be honest. I can only imagine that she wears magic pants under her TV outfits because she looks very slim on the telly.
  • Options
    cjay27cjay27 Posts: 734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No Fern, don't wear a bikini in public again, not a good look!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    Oh for crying out loud, call the cops... Fern has a bit more skin than your average size nothing Z-lister, so shoot her now !
    Can you imagine us having this conversation about any of Fern's male colleagues ? Nope, thought not.
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meljduk wrote: »
    Can you imagine us having this conversation about any of Fern's male colleagues ? Nope, thought not.

No necessarily ferns colleagues ... because thats Phillip Schofield, and he hasnt an inch of fat on him.

But we dont just talk about ladies weight gain on here you know. Have a look around. A lot of men who have developed a paunch get discussed.
  • Options
    Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    Clearly she still has a long way to go, but she's looking better than a year or so ago, it doesn't happen overnight y'know.
  • Options
    OlgaChristieOlgaChristie Posts: 15,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She would have looked so much better in a one piece suit...........why do women of a certain age have to cram themselves into unflattering bikinis:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh for crying out loud, call the cops... Fern has a bit more skin than your average size nothing Z-lister, so shoot her now !

If they cram themselves into ill-fitting swimwear on a freezing cold beach, yes? There was a simialr thread on Simon Le Bon last week.:)

Why so prickly anyway?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,418
    Forum Member
    She kind of looks the same to me, but less happy in the second picture :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    Sweet FA wrote: »
    If they cram themselves into ill-fitting swimwear on a freezing cold beach, yes? There was a simialr thread on Simon Le Bon last week.:)

Why so prickly anyway?

How has she crammed herself into ill fitting swimwear ?
    I'm at least 3 or 4 dress sizes smaller than Fern and I applaud her for having the balls to wear a bikini and be content with her body. I'd never wear a bikini despite being a lot slimmer than Fern. Leave her alone, she looks lovely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm at least 3 or 4 dress sizes smaller than Fern and I applaud her for having the balls to wear a bikini and be content with her body. I'd never wear a bikini despite being a lot slimmer than Fern. Leave her alone, she looks lovely.

That's your view, though. Others can have a different one without you turning on them, can't they?

And, no, she doesn't look lovely.
  • Options
    mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not looking at those pictures again. The daily mail should get a warning for putting those on their website. :mad:

She looks terrible and bl**dy miserable with it too. Enough of this torture for fern and us , enough!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mb@2day wrote: »
    I'm not looking at those pictures again. The daily mail should get a warning for putting those on their website. :mad:

She looks terrible and bl**dy miserable with it too. Enough of this torture for fern and us , enough!

Lol - oh dear.

I admit she's never going to have the greatest figure and that's not the most flattering piece of beachwear, but she probably thinks "what the hell?" after all the controversy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bonny1 wrote: »
    Clearly she still has a long way to go, but she's looking better than a year or so ago, it doesn't happen overnight y'know.

She was supposed to have had it done 2 YEARS AGO ... remember?:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This I don't get!:confused: So NOW she's content with her body?? But she wore a bikini when she was fat as well, so she must have been happy with her body then. So WHY did she have a gastric band??