Forum Member
✭✭✭
What!!!!

Comments

• Options
    BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The knighthood shit has now just lost all the creditability it had left, though really never had any in the first place.
  • Options
    AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For doing what? Blimey the mind boggles... Or is it a ploy to shut him up or something..
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Sir Cumference :)
  • Options
    mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »
    For doing what? Blimey the mind boggles... Or is it a ploy to shut him up or something..

For being a good little Tory.

All parties do it around a change of government. Those that didn't rock the boat get kicked upstairs when they've had enough of the Commons, or have been kicked out of government or their seat and need that "promotion" for self esteem

Hence the likes of "Lord" Prescott last time (for someone who constantly said he wouldn't take a peerage, he changed his mind quickly enough). Wouldn't surprise me if Clegg gets one when he decides he's had enough. I'm sure Brown has been asked
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How utterly ridiculous, mind you I'm sure there's plenty other daft examples.
  • Options
    njpnjp Posts: 27,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a joke about Pi in there somewhere...
  • Options
    Jol44Jol44 Posts: 21,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All he ever did was make promises about bins, then failed on it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pickles has taken on a new role as anti-corruption tsar.

Eric Pickles to be knighted
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was a much loved councillor in Bradford - I've heard many a person say they'd love to get their hands on him
  • Options
    njpnjp Posts: 27,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just finished researching his extensive accomplishments, and that's the most impressive one I can find.

Apparently, he's used them 724 times in debates, which is "well above average amongst MPs".
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, that's put me off my lunch.

Words you would never hear from.....

Nah, can't do it. Never liked the bloke, nothing to do with his girth. For balance, found the Lord Prescott stuff pretty yeuch too. Still, it's how this lot roll, isn't it.
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What next. IDS knighted for humanity?
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As an Essex resident who has to suffer lights outs I would suggest the Dark Knight
  • Options
    trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »

For services in annoying the DS left wing banshees I would imagine.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would have rather seen William Hague get it tbh.
  • Options
    MartinPMartinP Posts: 31,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Very good! :D
  • Options
    MattNMattN Posts: 2,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's pretty standard practice to get a knighthood if you spend as long in public service as he has done.

Devalues the honour though
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trunkster wrote: »
    For services in annoying the DS left wing banshees I would imagine.

Ah...so 'Lefties' are Banshees. I see. What are 'Righties'? Trying to absorb the DS Politics lexicon for future reference.

And who's Siouxsie?
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member

:D:D:D
    Making him a Sir makes him sound even more Dickensian than he actually is, not to mention Mr. Pickles makes him sound like a cat :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was seriously rubbish in cabinet.
  • Options
    TimCypherTimCypher Posts: 9,052
    Forum Member
    Hopefully, they'll bring in a band in to kill the time between 'Arise, Sir Eric', and the proceedings being able to continue...

Regards,

Cypher
  • Options
    GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lord Sandwich.
  • Options
    BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    They should make only people who could actually have realistically served as knights back in medieval times be allowed the honour.

Pickles would have crushed his horse and I doubt they would make armour big enough.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    :D:D:D
    Making him a Sir makes him sound even more Dickensian than he actually is, not to mention Mr. Pickles makes him sound like a cat :p

Mr Pickles always sounds to me like a kid's entertainer from the early days of television.
  • Options
    ShaunIOWShaunIOW Posts: 11,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should make only people who could actually have realistically served as knights back in medieval times be allowed the honour.

Pickles would have crushed his horse and I doubt they would make armour big enough.

Yep, and like Knights of old they should lead our troops into battle from the front - wonder how many of the parasites would accept the honour then.