WHat should Lost have explained?

KeelbootsKeelboots Posts: 1,994
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Not everything needed explaining ,some things didnt matter(Jacob's Mum) but some things should have been, list them here.

Claire's dissapearance,and resulting sickness.

Claire's Mum amazing recovering from being a vegatable.

Why Ben and Charles couldnt kill each other in Season 5 then Ben can in Season 6!

Where the lighthouse appeared from just when it was convienent.

:)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    Keelboots wrote: »
    Claire's dissapearance,and resulting sickness.

Claire's Mum amazing recovering from being a vegatable.

Why Ben and Charles couldnt kill each other in Season 5 then Ben can in Season 6!

Where the lighthouse appeared from just when it was convienent.

:)

That was explained - it was her association with the Man in Black.

Healed in same way Rachel's sister was.

Where couldn't they kill each other in Season 5?
    Ben said that Charles had changed the rules.

They weren't looking for it. Same with the Heart of the Island - only once you know where something is can you find it.
  • Arthur CucumberArthur Cucumber Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    Why did the Man In Black, in the guise of Christian, lead Claire away in the first place? I can't see what was gained by him doing so... apart from giving Kate a more interesting off-island story as a surrogate mother to Aaron.;)
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they should have explained NOTHING then cut to black! The flash-sideways shouldn't have been explained as a 'limbo' or 'in-between' or whatever it's meant to be, that's the only element I didn't really like. I would rather they had said it was reality.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lost should have explained the meaning of life.
  • MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new epilogue "New Man In Town" that was leaked explains a lot. Far more than I expected.
    Hurley Bird, Polar Bears, Food Drops, Pregnancy Issues, Walt....
  • MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    New Man in Charge is the title... My bad!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've watched the Epilogue and thought it was really good. :)

However my only 'burning' question is who was shooting at Sawyer and the rest when they were rowing to the other Island during the S5 time flashes?

Guess I'll never know... :cry::D
  • Blake ConnollyBlake Connolly Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    poppycat wrote: »
    I've watched the Epilogue and thought it was really good. :)

However my only 'burning' question is who was shooting at Sawyer and the rest when they were rowing to the other Island during the S5 time flashes?

Guess I'll never know... :cry::D

Yeah, me too!

For me it's not really that it's a question that needs answering (the most likely answer is that it was Widmore's men), but it is a really annoying little thread left hanging which would have been really cool to see tied up on screen. Not an important thing for the story to make sense, but more to do with it being a satisfying, neatly wrapped up piece of writing.
  • G926G926 Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lost should have explained the meaning of life.

That one's easy: 42 :D
  • G926G926 Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And I must be one of the few people that thought the ending to Lost was perfect, I do not need anything else explained. Yes, it did leave questions unanswered but I was happy with it as it was.
  • MacLovinMacLovin Posts: 2,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    G926 wrote: »
    And I must be one of the few people that thought the ending to Lost was perfect, I do not need anything else explained. Yes, it did leave questions unanswered but I was happy with it as it was.

I totally agree, the ending was just perfect.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    G926 wrote: »

I actually agree, don't get me wrong. I adored the finale and yes, it was perfect. :)

I'm not fussed about all the questions that people seem to want answering, what is the Island exactly? etc etc, I like that we have to come to some conclusions ourselves.

Just that the outrigger question is that one little thing that keeps niggling! I do however understand that it would have been wrong to shoe horn an explanation to that into the finale.

Epilogue 2, anyone? :D
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have definitely liked more information on The Sickness.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 179
    Forum Member
    Yeah, me too!

For me it's not really that it's a question that needs answering (the most likely answer is that it was Widmore's men), but it is a really annoying little thread left hanging which would have been really cool to see tied up on screen. Not an important thing for the story to make sense, but more to do with it being a satisfying, neatly wrapped up piece of writing.

They teased us so much with the reveal in the last series for the outrigger scene. I lost track of the number of times they got into an outrigger and I thought to myself "They must be showing who shot at them now!".
    Even in the finale, they got into an outrigger in a massive storm! I was on the edge of my seat waiting for it!
  • LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    geniat wrote: »
    They teased us so much with the reveal in the last series for the outrigger scene. I lost track of the number of times they got into an outrigger and I thought to myself "They must be showing who shot at them now!".
    Even in the finale, they got into an outrigger in a massive storm! I was on the edge of my seat waiting for it!

That confused me. That moment in the finale was the perfect time for it. They could have killed Richard. It would have had a certain irony after he just decided he wanted to live.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    All I remember is I was really disappointed with the ending after loving the programme from the beginning, did seem such a waste of an opportunity.
  • Alvar HansoAlvar Hanso Posts: 2,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have definitely liked more information on The Sickness.

I think the writers felt the same way;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why did the Man In Black, in the guise of Christian, lead Claire away in the first place? I can't see what was gained by him doing so... apart from giving Kate a more interesting off-island story as a surrogate mother to Aaron.;)

Yes, this never made much sense and I think Claire's return was one of the weaker aspects of Season 6. They clearly had her "disappear" as a plot device to further Kate's storyline, which is fine, but the eventual explanation was not massively satisfying.

Why just Claire? Why was she important to him?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, this never made much sense and I think Claire's return was one of the weaker aspects of Season 6. They clearly had her "disappear" as a plot device to further Kate's storyline, which is fine, but the eventual explanation was not massively satisfying.

Why just Claire? Why was she important to him?

I think it all harked back to Raised by Another in S1, where Claire was told she MUST raise her baby before he was born and she had come to accept it on island. Seeing her Dad (as she must have thought initially) she went with him and he bewitched her (she let him speak first) into staying with him. Thus MiB was free to let the "bad" prophecy happen, Aaron being raised by another. Why? Because MiB was a meanie.
  • Blowpop27Blowpop27 Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    I kind of assumed that the MIB kept Claire on the island to ensure that Jack, Kate, et al came back to the island bringing Locke.
    Both Jack and Kate were always going to be plagued by their unresolved issues with Claire and she would be a major factoring why they returned.
  • BakervichBakervich Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Something I always wondered back in season 2 when Shannon kept seeing Walt which led her to her tragic death, was this actually Walt? Smokey? Was she beautiful yet slightly mental? If it was Walt why did he only come see her and speak backwards? Not that this really matters but...
  • srhDSsrhDS Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A huge amount happened off island that was barely touched on. I know these events weren't central or imvolving main characters so many people won't care about them. I would love to know more about:
    What happened to Dharma off lsland post purge.
    How Widmore got so rich, did he and Paik take over Dharma and use their research to become so rich?
    Was the Economist Ben and Sayid were at war with Widmore?
    How did Ben have so many resources off island?
    Why / how did Eloise take over the Lamppost. What did she use it for (other than the food drops). She seemed unrelated to Ben or Widmore at this stage.
    Ilana's group seemed to be more than just a few guys in a van, what was their story.
  • stateofgameplaystateofgameplay Posts: 3,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bakervich wrote: »
    Something I always wondered back in season 2 when Shannon kept seeing Walt which led her to her tragic death, was this actually Walt? Smokey? Was she beautiful yet slightly mental? If it was Walt why did he only come see her and speak backwards? Not that this really matters but...

Once you've seen the episode "The New Man in Charge" this will start to make a little more sense. Depending on how you view the events of that, of course :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    Juliet was told 'she looked just like her' ...meaning like someone in Bens life....who?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    Juliet was told 'she looked just like her' ...meaning like someone in Bens life....who?

Im guessing that refers to Ben's Mother.

What I want to know is some of the motivations of man in black. They just dont add up.

He was evil and wanted to get of the Island, but why did John Locke see something good and white smoke? Why the judgement? regarding Mr Ekko and Ben and Nikki and Paolo.