Options

How long do Child Protection training certificates last?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 516
Forum Member
✭✭
`I don't actually think this will be a problem as I know I'll be alright for a year BUT

When I started working for a new local authority last September, I had to undertake Child Protection training. I'm certain that the woman delivering the course told us the certificates were valid for 3 years upon issue.

I have a summer job on a playscheme and was asked to provide evidence of child protection training. I told the organisers I have a CP cert and that it's valid for 3 years and they seem to think this will be fine.

Upon looking at my cert however, all its got on it is the date of issue, nothing about expiry.

I know that the cert covers you from September-September at least because I'd be re-trained as it were with the commencement of the school year and everything else I've ever been trained for in schools has a cover of 1 year + so I should be fine for the summer job.

But, just out of curiousity, does anyone know how long these certs are meant to remain valid for? Do you have one of your own to enlighten me with because Google is shedding no light on the matter.

Comments

• Options
    RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,072
    Forum Member
    I expect they're valid if an employer accepts them. If the employer is happy as it's so recent then don't worry.
  • Options
    dee-recdee-rec Posts: 2,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I work in childcare and we have to renew child protection every 3 years.
  • Options
    viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our workplace ones are valid for 3 years also
  • Options
    RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,072
    Forum Member
    dee-rec wrote: »
    I work in childcare and we have to renew child protection every 3 years.

Is that company policy though or regulations? If there's no date on the certificate it could just be company policy. Though it is sensible to keep refreshing people's training anyway as methods etc move on.