What trophies/medals/awards have you been awarded?

potatolegspotatolegs Posts: 5,099
Forum Member
If any, what have you been awarded with. Whether military/ first in a race or being employee of the year and such?

I came 3rd in 100 metre sprint for the districts so have a bronze medal. That's about it lol.

I would love a trophy cabinet :D

Comments

• bspacebspace Posts: 14,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think my name is on a couple of school trophies: art prize and cross country running
    plus a few at a club i used to belong: fishing and darts

there's some of those cheap plastic cups with figures on top knocking about in a cardboard box somewhere
    but they'd look a bit lonely in cabinet i think
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    I've only ever got one medal and that was for our singing group coming second in the Urdd Eisteddfod. I've never won a trophy.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got a 2nd place trophy for a football tournament. This company I had joined had a five a side tournament coming up (at Highbury, ironically :)). I was asked to participate to make up the numbers and my contribution was to come on in the final minute of the semi-final, run up and down the pitch and that was it. That got me a trophy :)

Got a silver medal for another firm's fantasy league that i entered. quite pleased with that as the league had about 30 people in it and we had a huge auction for the players one night which was a good laugh.

also, when i was younger and a lot more in to wrestling than I am now, i was voted "Manager of the Year" in a play-by-mail wrestling game I used to participate in. Probably my favourite one that one as there were over 300 active players in that game.

And i've kept all three of them :)
  • Mr. BlueskyMr. Bluesky Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    I was awarded my brown wings some time ago

Jeanette was her name
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    I have the platinum trophies for all 3 Uncharted games among others
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I won a short story competition in the county Eisteddfod when I was about 11 - I got a little silver cup. We had to write a ghost story; mine was about a 'ghost' in a ruined castle that turned out to be a lost sheep and a grumpy farmer looking for it, and me and my friend solving the mystery. It was heavily influenced by Enid Blyton.

I came 3rd in lots of choreography competitions in my teens too, ballet and contemporary. I had lots (at least 4) bronze plaque things and some certificates.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was most proud of my"Best Achievement in Swimming - Backstroke: 25 Metre. Well done, Takae!" (the name was in my teacher's cursive writing) certificate. Whenever I attempted a backstroke, I flailed around as if I was fighting off a swarm of evil wasps. It was a miracle that I made it in the end. Hence, my glowing pride when I collected the certificate.

Everything was meh after that one. Granted, I was only five, but still my proudest moment of winning an award.
  • TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't really do sport. I have ones won in flower shows. And a big glass bowl from a geology competition. And one for watching sport. God I'm athletic.

I've also got a Blue Peter badge. :eek:
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Several gold, silver and bronze medals and trophies from my TaeKwonDo competition days. Threw them all out when I moved house a few years ago. The only one I've held on to is my TaeKwonDo Student of the Year award I got one year.

Also won some medals for running as a kid/teenager, out of those I've kept just one of them cause the day of the race was my brother's birthday.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in 1990, I got the school prize for the best A level results in my year. I got my name engraved on the honours board and some book tokens. My academic career was downhill from then.
  • spanglerokapispanglerokapi Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have two medals I am entitled to wear awarded in connection with my time in the ambulance service. One was formally presented by the Lord Lieutenant of my county. Nothing exciting but I am wearing medal ribbons in my daughter's wedding photos.
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't really do sport. I have ones won in flower shows. And a big glass bowl from a geology competition. And one for watching sport. God I'm athletic.

Ooh, yes, I got a Blue Peter badge too. In fact I got two, because my first one was washed and came out totally white, and my mum had to write it to say she'd accidentally broken my heart...
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A few medals (which I have lost :o ) from my time swimming as a Ferndown Otter and also for Dorset, when I was a young fit boy who didn't smoke!

And LAMDA bronze, silver & gold medals for acting.
  • this_is_methis_is_me Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The height of my sporting success was the Universities Athletics Union Tenpin Bowling Mens Team Champions. The trophy is in a box in the loft somewhere.
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great North Run (half marathon) medal, 1984. Took me nearly three hours. Never again!
  • TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »
    Ooh, yes, I got a Blue Peter badge too. In fact I got two, because my first one was washed and came out totally white, and my mum had to write it to say she'd accidentally broken my heart...

I am glad no one ever sabotaged my Blue Peter badge. :(
  • SilvioDanteSilvioDante Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nowt, one of life's perpetual underachievers I'm afraid, although i do have my Grandfather's WW2 medals framed on my wall if that counts?
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got a handful of medals from different runs I did when I was younger, among them is my 'Run The World' medal from 1986. :D
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gold medal for sparring in tae kwon do, green belt grade
    2 x Gold for destruction in tae kwon do, hand and foot techniques
    Bronze for patterns in tae kwon do
  • LiparusLiparus Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one got a Jim'll Fix It medal then?
  • Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Me too. :p
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liparus wrote: »
    No one got a Jim'll Fix It medal then?
    What about a medal from its a knockout, given to you by stuart hall
  • Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got a few running numbers framed up from when I used to do 10kms, but nowadays my victories are vicarious, - it's my middle daughter with a cupboard full of metal, for county level hockey and cross country. Off to Wembley tomorrow for the hockey finals.
  • cessnacessna Posts: 6,747
    Forum Member
    Our generation had to enlist into the armed forces in the late forties and early fifties - Many of us served in a long forgotten campaign known as the emergency - in the jungles of Malaya - Those that came back were awarded the GSM with Malaya clasp.

Havnt seen it again since I gave it to my son who was in the cubs at the time .
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone ever watched 'Switched' on E4 in the early morning? They always have full trophy cases!!