Options

Season finale to Battlestar Galactica on Sky|one

PretinamaPretinama Posts: 6,069
Forum Member
Oh. My. God.

Anyone have any info on whether this show got a season 2?

Have a nice day!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As Sky part funded it they got to show it first, but the long term life of the show will probably be decided by how well it does across the pond.

Definately one of the better Sci-Fi shows in recent times :)
  • Options
    ZaichikZaichik Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    I read somewhere that a second season has already been confirmed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Searching for 'Battlestar Galactica' on Google seems to reveal that the Sci Fi channel in the US has ordered 6 additional scripts - which is a good sign, given that the show is only just now starting to air in the US...

... but whether there'll definitely be a second season or not will indeed depend on US ratings for the show.

Hope it does well over there. It really has been an excellent show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surprisingly BSG was not a huge hit for Sky One in terms of viewer numbers (Simpson’s still leaves it standing) with it averaging around 500,000 per episode. Even the final episodes of "Hex" attracted more viewers however BSG was critically acclaimed and this makes it an attractive option for a future season with Sky.

With the US possibly being more Sci Fi orientated I expect BSG will do very well there and in fact the initial ratings support this. Given the amount of rubbish on TV at the moment and other series that inexplicably get renewed time after time (Andromeda anybody) it certainly deserves to be given a second season.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps it was Sky's advertising but I didn't actually watch BSG from the beginning. I was expecting it to be quite poor actually! My mate recommended it after a few eps so I went looking on the World Wide Video recorder to catch up - Glad I did :)

Any idea of the figures that Enterprise gets on Sky One?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 469
    Forum Member
    What's wrong with Andromeda? At least it's not Stargate (yawn!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neken wrote:
    Any idea of the figures that Enterprise gets on Sky One?
    The last season peaked at about 273,000 while most episodes had between 170,000 and 220,000.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well that's had 4 seasons so far so.... ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    camdish wrote:
    The last season peaked at about 273,000 while most episodes had between 170,000 and 220,000.

The series finale got 700,000
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,705
    Forum Member
    At least it's not Stargate (yawn!)
    What' 'wrong' with Stargate then? They're just finishing EIGHT and is due a NINTH!! That's two more than any Trek series so far! So they must be doing something right :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 469
    Forum Member
    you must be aware that there is an inverse proprtion between quality and popularity. Look at the pop charts...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least BSG is something different, its not got much in common with Stargate or Enterprise.
    Great series, but i was massively disappointed by the finale. They left FAR too much hanging, which is stupidly risky considering the tempramental state of renewal-gimps.
  • Options
    Mellow JoeMellow Joe Posts: 705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I missed it will catch it at the weekend.

Can anybody tell me what happened?

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JoeTheBlow wrote:
    At least BSG is something different, its not got much in common with Stargate or Enterprise.
    Great series, but i was massively disappointed by the finale. They left FAR too much hanging, which is stupidly risky considering the tempramental state of renewal-gimps.

Always a fine line to tred when deciding how much of a cliff hanger to write in to a finale.
    Having said that they really have nothing to lose by leaving so many threads wide open, it gives them ample choice of story arc to expand upon depending upon how the viewers react to certain characters/situations.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mellow Joe wrote:
    I missed it will catch it at the weekend.

Can anybody tell me what happened?

Thanks in advance.

Seriously, you do not want to know.

Stay away from newsgroups/spoiler filled websites and you will enjoy the finale so much more, I promise:)
  • Options
    Mellow JoeMellow Joe Posts: 705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok then I will thanks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cabbie wrote:
    The series finale got 700,000
    I apologise for my earlier figures being wrong - I was looking at the repeat showings. Actual figures for the build up to the finale were:

24/05/04 - 555,100
    31/05/04 - 556,170
    07/06/04 - 579,920
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    That's fairly healthy isnt it?

This was one of those shows that people won;t watch because it is Sci fi when in actual fact it was up there with anything else on a dramatic level.

I hope they continue to watch it in America, because this is the first series in a long, long time where i've been absolutely desperate for a second series.

World class.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Er... the figures quoted above were for Enterprise not BSG - you would need to follow the thread from near the top to pick that up though. Sorry should have made that clear.

Final viewing figures for BSG are: (including repeats and Sky One Mix)

10/01/05 - 803,220 (514,450 on the night)
    17/01/05 - 858,986 (531,750 on the night)
    24/01/05 - 515,880 (no repeat or Mix figures available yet)

Note that these are for watching viewers and not those that recorded. Becasue of this the final figures who did watch would be higher but there is no way of accurately determing this.
  • Options
    NewcastleNewcastle Posts: 4,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    camdish wrote:
    Er... the figures quoted above were for Enterprise not BSG - you would need to follow the thread from near the top to pick that up though. Sorry should have made that clear.

Final viewing figures for BSG are: (including repeats and Sky One Mix)

10/01/05 - 803,220 (514,450 on the night)
    17/01/05 - 858,986 (531,750 on the night)
    24/01/05 - 515,880 (no repeat or Mix figures available yet)

Note that these are for watching viewers and not those that recorded. Becasue of this the final figures who did watch would be higher but there is no way of accurately determing this.

Dont think you have included kids watching in your figures

Figures for the 24/01/05 = 515,880 (Adults) + 37,040(Kids) = Total 552,920
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Newcastle wrote:
    Dont think you have included kids watching in your figures

Figures for the 24/01/05 = 515,880 (Adults) + 37,040(Kids) = Total 552,920
    No I didn't. I tend to just focus on the adult group as they seem to be more representative of this type of program. Viewing figures are so open to interpretation anyway - maybe that's why the US go on the Nielsen ratings - not that that is regarded as being an accurate indicator.
  • Options
    PretinamaPretinama Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    Cool y'all. I looked on google™ but got lots of stuff about the original series. Good to know that there is a good liklehood of a season two.

Re the other sci-fi out there -- agreed Andromeda is actually okay and growing on me. And I am a bit of sucker for Stargate Atlantis. I just think it's a shame that there's no new trek (Enterprise) on at the moment as I only got to see to the end of season one.

Have a nice day!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read on the internet that a decision was going to be made early February re a second series.

I thought it was fantastic and am desperately hoping there will be a Season Two, surely we cannot be left in the lurch like this?