Comments

• sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    garbage456 wrote: »

Not sure how that's a spoiler! :confused: We saw Nick Frost at the end of the episode. And he's in the teaser.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Oh christ. Is that a
    sleigh

we can see crash-landed in the background?
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sebbie3000 wrote: »
    Not sure how that's a spoiler! :confused: We saw Nick Frost at the end of the episode. And he's in the teaser.

It also confirms Clara is in the episode (and yes she was in the teaser as well) which a lot of people around (not just here) weren't sure about.
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is Father Christmas / Santa Claus if not some sort of Toymaker... ;-)
    Could it be...?
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adams66 wrote: »
    Could it be...?

. . . The Rani ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    . . . The Rani ?

Ha ha! That didn't take long!! :D
  • CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,002
    Forum Member
    I really would not mind at all if the real Santa turned out to be a Timelord:) It would make some kind of sense:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really would not mind at all if the real Santa turned out to be a Timelord:) It would kind of make sense:confused:

With a dimensionally transcendental sack? And you'd need a time machine to traverse the whole world in one night...
    Forum Member
    adams66
    With a dimensionally transcendental sack?

There's a cream for that.
    And you'd need a time machine to traverse the whole world in one night...

And to deliver every single present around the world on one earth night takes him a full year in a time machine.:confused::D
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really would not mind at all if the real Santa turned out to be a Timelord:) It would make some kind of sense:confused:

But how would you explain to children when he changed into a woman? The whole concept, the imagery, the magic would be changed forever! ;-)
    Forum Member
    wizzywick wrote: »
    But how would you explain to children when he changed into a woman? The whole concept, the imagery, the magic would be changed forever! ;-)

We wouldn't know, our culture is based on a collection of old pictures of him, we have never seen him.

Jesus might have shaved his beard off and dyed his hair red by now for all we know:D

Nope. I've definitely confused myself now:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a cream for that.

:D:D
    Yes, after I'd written 'dimensionally transcendental sack' I didn't think it sounded quite right...:o
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member

Clara
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I'm quite fond of the idea of Santa being another Timelord... as unlikely as it is to happen. His TARDIS is at the North Pole, it's crashed and buried beneath the snow and unable to fly any further than the Earth again. He's basically turned it into a workshop, which is impossible to find for most as it's smaller on the outside :D Why does he do what he does? Well like The Doctor, he's become a guardian for the people of Earth. Like The Doctor stayed for Christmas, so does this Timelord! :D

I'd love a reference to Coca-Cola and why he's wearing red :p But more seriously, it'd be a more upbeat way of continuing the Gallifrey plotline without actually having to take it very far at all... some Timelords have managed to get back into this Universe, not all of them good, but also not all of them bad. The Doctor is not alone though, and that'd be the message. Schmaltzy Christmas stuff, but it's going to be no matter what, so why not make it count? :D
  • jxbrennajxbrenna Posts: 977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it me or does the Doctor seem to be wearing a hoodie in the picture? :D
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm quite fond of the idea of Santa being another Timelord... as unlikely as it is to happen.

The Doctor has talked about knowing Father Christmas (or Jeff as the Doctor knows him) before and even has a photo of himself, Jeff and Frank Sinatra IIRC.

If Jeff and Nick Frost's character are one and the same it pretty much rules out him being a Time Lord unless the Doctor only met him from Matt Smith onwards.

Otherwise the face of Boe's message would have been You are not alone and I'm not actually talking about Jeff.

Meaning Derek Jacobi would have been playing Professor Yanaainataj :D

I can certainly see Nick Frost playing an alien, possibly using Time Lord Tech the Doctor has given him (Sack bigger on the inside) to carry out his role.

jxbrenna wrote: »
    Is it me or does the Doctor seem to be wearing a hoodie in the picture? :D

I believe he wore that in Time Heist (when disguised as the Architect).
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Corwin wrote: »
    It also confirms Clara is in the episode (and yes she was in the teaser as well) which a lot of people around (not just here) weren't sure about.

Oh. I thought the fact she's in the cast list for the episode and in the teaser would mean it's not a spoiler.
  • doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    I'm quite fond of the idea of Santa being another Timelord... as unlikely as it is to happen. His TARDIS is at the North Pole, it's crashed and buried beneath the snow and unable to fly any further than the Earth again. He's basically turned it into a workshop, which is impossible to find for most as it's smaller on the outside :D Why does he do what he does? Well like The Doctor, he's become a guardian for the people of Earth. Like The Doctor stayed for Christmas, so does this Timelord! :D

I'd love a reference to Coca-Cola and why he's wearing red :p But more seriously, it'd be a more upbeat way of continuing the Gallifrey plotline without actually having to take it very far at all... some Timelords have managed to get back into this Universe, not all of them good, but also not all of them bad. The Doctor is not alone though, and that'd be the message. Schmaltzy Christmas stuff, but it's going to be no matter what, so why not make it count? :D

True - until late Victorian times Father Christmas traditionally wore green.....
  • garbage456garbage456 Posts: 8,225
    Forum Member
    Oh. I thought the fact she's in the cast list for the episode and in the teaser would mean it's not a spoiler.

Yeah but people choose to ignore pictures and videos for spoiler reasons hence the friendly warning in the title.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    . . . The Rani ?

Changed gender, now known as The Santi.
  • allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adams66 wrote: »
    Could it be...?

Celestial Toymaker
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grisonaut wrote: »
    Changed gender, now known as The Santi.
    When did arsenal sign a Time Lord?