EE: Disgusted with Stacey and Kush

1235»

Comments

• Fallon9Fallon9 Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nihonga wrote: »
    She has always been a moody, snappy & gobby so-and-so. She became like that after she and Bradley (well, Bradley pretty much dictated proceedings) decided to abort their baby, broke up and she decided to have it off with married Max. Awful, awful character. Ugh!

It's hard to explain, but I think there was something different about Stacey in her first stint that captured me more and ensured she always had a lot of the audience on side even when she was in the wrong. Now she just seems like a selfish, moody cow without any redeeming qualities. There is no reason to like her and root for her. I think also Lacey has lost her spark as Stacey.
  • EveT1991EveT1991 Posts: 12,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me the issue is she has duped Martin who is not her husband or long term partner - he was very reluctant initially to keep the baby. It's morally wrong, why not have had Stacey announce her pregnancy and tell Martin it was not his and make her own way in the world with her children and be a strong independent woman.

Pat let a man believe he was the father to the second child.
  • wizardtwizardt Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fallon9 wrote: »
    It's hard to explain, but I think there was something different about Stacey in her first stint that captured me more and ensured she always had a lot of the audience on side even when she was in the wrong. Now she just seems like a selfish, moody cow without any redeeming qualities. There is no reason to like her and root for her. I think also Lacey has lost her spark as Stacey.
    Great post. I don't think Lacey Turner is a convincing actress in this stint. Don't get me wrong, she's a very good actress but her performances have been hit and miss recently and I don't think she can be bothered with Stacey's storylines in this stint and I don't blame her. I miss her scenes with Kat.

I also don't know why she didn't want to return to "Our Girl" again because she was phenomenal as Molly Dawes. Molly Dawes is more popular than Stacey Slater at the moment and that's a bit of a shame because Stacey used to be a breakout character in her first stint.
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please don't axe Stacey if you become EP. Make me a story producer because I have some good storylines for Stacey.

You're hired.

Your first job is to find a way to write Stacey out. And we won't be leaving the door open;-)
    MiniMeToo wrote: »
    she didn't put the blame on Bradly, he took the blame himself, and she had every right to kill the slug called Archie, I would have done the same.

You just admitted on a public forum that you'd commit murder. Probably not the smartest thing you've ever done:o
    Pink_Smurf wrote: »
    Agreed! Archie was a nonce and I'm glad he was killed. ;-)
    I don't think it's right to call a woman a "slag" for having a baby. As I said on another thread people seem to pin all the blame on a woman for having an affair and now someone's calling a woman a "slag" for not using protection. Yes she carries the baby but it takes two to make a baby! I don't think it's right to call any woman a "slag" under any circumstances. It's usually men who do the name calling against women too. >:(

Max Branning is a slag too. I don't discriminate:)

As for Kush, he's a cheating bastard but the last time I checked he hadn't gone out of his way to wreck 3 relationships. Stacey is a cvnt.
    Whedonite wrote: »
    On the bright side, Amy no longer has an incestuous paedophile for a grandad. Silver linings and all that :)

Archie was dying from cancer anyway. He'd have been dead within months.
    Didn't Pat sleep with Pete's brother and allowed him to believe that her second child was his so like Stacey is no angel and neither was Pat having an affair with Frank when he was with her best friend Peggy.

How many times are you going to post this exact thing?:confused:

Obviously a lot!:o
  • srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Fallon9 wrote: »
    But the mature Stacey was so sanctimonious. She'd go around lecturing people on their behaviour but then if anybody such as Lauren brought up her own unsavoury behaviour she'd storm off in a strop. She was hypocritical and self righteous and quite boring a lot of the time.

I don't like this version if Stacey either, she's too moody and snappy and the way she's deceiving Shabnam and Martin is disgusting. I don't think they've ever struck the right balance since her return.

I loved Stacey fitst time around but I wish she'd never come back.

Fair point re your first paragraph, but I think that version of her was still a lot better than the current one.

I really loved early Stacey but hated her by the time she left, she'd become seriously vile and unbearable. I was dreading her return but she seemed more mature, a lot less shrieky and generally much better. But nope, that progression was too good so they got rid of it, now she's back to vile and unbearable. Well done DTC/writers.
  • misty cloudmisty cloud Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you feel that excuses Stacey?