BGA - Bad Girls Anonymous (Part 6)

Comments

• bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,839
    Forum Member
    Reviving an old thread (but one I still love!) I went to the theatre last night, and I bumped into Di Barker and Julie S watching the show together.

It was great to see that even a good few years after the end of BGA, some of the cast are still firm friends!
  • robjames69robjames69 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orange is the New Black is currently filling the BG void for me!

I sold my DVDs a few years ago, but might find some new ones online and re-watch. Having a few years off it, should ensure its even more enjoyable to re-watch!
  • Rich_WilsonRich_Wilson Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    It appears ITV have now closed down the Bad Girls website :(

I used to like going and have a nose around on there every now and then.
  • NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such a brilliant show this was!!

Sylvia Hollamby was so funny. Loved the Costa Cons, Yvonne (Linda Henry), Buki, the Julies and Darlene. Feel like it ran out of steam when Fenner was killed off, although I did like the feud between Pat Kerrigan and Natalie Buxton in the last series. Didn't like how they made Darlene into a such a sissy in the end, when she started out so tough.
    Forum Member
    I don't suppose anyone has the official wallpapers or screensaver saved on their files do they? I've not been able to find them anywhere and lost my files :( Thanks in advanced!
  • Cal2008Cal2008 Posts: 2,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame about the website going have you tried shed insider website for the wallpapers?
    Forum Member
    Cal2008 wrote: »
    Shame about the website going have you tried shed insider website for the wallpapers?

They've got some images but they're more older ones. I got in contact with administrator of the website and they said it just takes too much time to upload and keep it running, which I can understand.
    Forum Member
    Can you believe it was 16 years this week since Bad Girls aired its first episode?!
    I miss it!!
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Was it really that long ago?! I miss it too. We have a small Bad Girls reunion on EastEnders currently. Now if they could just get Helen Fraser and Jack Ellis on board. :)
  • hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm currently rewatching Bad Girls although I didn't start watching until series 5 so series 1 to 4 are completely new to me.

Just watched Zandra's death and I actually thought that her and McCallister would end up together at some point.

I'm loving Bodybag still, some her comments are hilarious.
  • Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmeister wrote: »
    I'm currently rewatching Bad Girls although I didn't start watching until series 5 so series 1 to 4 are completely new to me.

Just watched Zandra's death and I actually thought that her and McCallister would end up together at some point.

I'm loving Bodybag still, some her comments are hilarious.

Series 3 is brilliant! Fenner on top form
  • jojo2008jojo2008 Posts: 4,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just re-watched series 1. I'd forgotten how great the first series was, and how sexy Helen Stewart was :)
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are currently showing series 2 on CBS Action. On at 10pm tonight, episode 4, series 2.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can you believe next Tuesday the 20th of december it's 10 years since bad girls ended, do you watch your dvds or cbs drama reruns?
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't watched any of the DVDs for a year and a half, so I'm going to start watching from the beginning again next month, probably 2 or 3 episodes a week. Have you watched any BG lately Cal?

I have really been enjoying Wentworth Prison which has filled the BG void for me. The 5th series is airing next year.
  • bean_of_sbbean_of_sb Posts: 7,839
    Forum Member
    I cannot believe 10 years have passed since Bad Girls ended - it's a show that after all this time is still very close to my heart despite its ending on an absolute whimper.

It really was a ground-breaking show and as a format, it should have lasted a lot longer than 8 years. It was a show that was brought down by Producer incompetency and weak writing.
  • MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cal2008 wrote: »
    can you believe next Tuesday the 20th of december it's 10 years since bad girls ended, do you watch your dvds or cbs drama reruns?

Yes, watch CBS re-runs, tonight will be the series 7 xmas special.

Was also at Oxford Castle/Prison on Sunday - the location for the exterior of Larkhall. The place has changed somewhat since the days Bad Girls was filmed there.
  • MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bean_of_sb wrote: »
    I cannot believe 10 years have passed since Bad Girls ended - it's a show that after all this time is still very close to my heart despite its ending on an absolute whimper.

It really was a ground-breaking show and as a format, it should have lasted a lot longer than 8 years. It was a show that was brought down by Producer incompetency and weak writing.

The show declined somewhat in quality in later series.

Fenner should have ended his time on the show when he was exposed by Grayling and Betts at the end of series 6. However they "jumped the shark" and brought Fenner back in series 7 to be killed off. Then there was the ridiculous idea of having Fenner come back for a few episodes as a ghost.
  • welshsarahwelshsarah Posts: 5,082
    Forum Member
    Watching it on cbs I love Sylvia what s great character
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't watched any of the DVDs for a year and a half, so I'm going to start watching from the beginning again next month, probably 2 or 3 episodes a week. Have you watched any BG lately Cal?

I have really been enjoying Wentworth Prison which has filled the BG void for me. The 5th series is airing next year.

watched one other night on cbs drama were costa cons were on run to Spain, getting the acorn media DVD release for Christmas. love Wentworth prison during the 1st 3 seasons but now it's gone a bit ott with Joan as an inmate.
  • jordanjohnsonjordanjohnson Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone help?

I’m rewatching the show and have some of the original DVD’s (s4-8 I have the original ones and 1-3 I bought the re released ones so they were in full screen).

Do the re released ones for s4-8 not have the previously, next time etc that the originals had? The DVD’s themselves play fine 90% of the time but have started to skip a couple of times and the condition of the card board cases are bad. But little things like that may put me off going for getting the re released ones.

I’m onto s5 at the moment and because that’s my most watched dvd of the lot as it’s the first series I got on dvd and one I re watch a lot too I think I’ve worn it out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone help?

I’m rewatching the show and have some of the original DVD’s (s4-8 I have the original ones and 1-3 I bought the re released ones so they were in full screen).

Do the re released ones for s4-8 not have the previously, next time etc that the originals had? The DVD’s themselves play fine 90% of the time but have started to skip a couple of times and the condition of the card board cases are bad. But little things like that may put me off going for getting the re released ones.

I’m onto s5 at the moment and because that’s my most watched dvd of the lot as it’s the first series I got on dvd and one I re watch a lot too I think I’ve worn it out.

No the acorn media series 4-8 DVDs don't include the previous or next time on. They cut then of for timing reasons on the DVD.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks!

I’m really torn on getting them for the picture quality. I’ll see if there’s any issues with my 6-8 DVD’s first though when I re watch those :).

My series 5 one has skipped once so far on the first disc then nothing since. Guess I just need to keep making sure they’re cleaned after each use etc.

Anyways! To the show. S5 is one of my favourites I prefer it to 4 and it’s like the last series where all the classic characters all appeared together (or majority of them). Yvonnes exit still sticks with me to this day :(

But the introduction of the Costa Cons added to this series a lot for me for lighter plots to take away from the hard hitting plots.

I will say though I really sort of wish Shell didn’t come back. She was amazing in s1-3 but this return did nothing and ruined the legacy of the character tbh. I hated her ending. Had her exit stayed ambiguous as her being on the run not confirmed dead etc it would’ve been better.

I think had she returned in S6 however there could’ve been more potential for stories and the later series could’ve been better received had she returned then. I guess we’ll never know but it’s fun to speculate 😛
  • R2Y5A0N2R2Y5A0N2 Posts: 54,679
    Forum Member
    I might treat myself to the Complete Boxsets of Bad Girls and Footballer's Wives one day :smiley:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I might treat myself to the Complete Boxsets of Bad Girls and Footballer's Wives one day :smiley:

back at you!

If the re releases are that much better in quality for Bad Girls I may get them for s4-8 tbh. The first three DVD’s are much better to watch now they’re in full screen. But s4-8 I haven’t had any issues with the original ones except from s5 skipping on occasions.

I think Footballers wives got a re release too.