Metal Gear Solid 4

DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
Forum Member
I have just been playing this again over the past few days and completed it so many times and i still love how it was done for the fans of the franchise.

Does anyone else feel that Act 4 on Shadow moses that they maybe could of had us explore parts which we cant like the Prison Cells, The Room where you fight mantis etc? Its not a big deal but a fan of MGS 1 It would of been cool to explore those areas.

However I think Getting to control Rex and have that battle with Ray was a brilliant idea :cool:

Comments

• KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't get into MGS4. A bit like 3. 1 and 2 were amazing but 3 just bored me; I even tried to get into it again when the HD collection came out but couldn't. I have been tempted to give 4 a go again especially since it has been given trophies but I just don't have the time. I didn't like the idea of the camouflage and I never could understand the mini map but this was about five years ago now so I may go back and try it again.
  • ChparmarChparmar Posts: 6,367
    Forum Member
    MGS 2 is my ultimate fav in the series, MGS3 was also brillant. But MGS 4 is a diaster, the story is just trying too hard to fill in the gaps.

I never want to play MGS 4 ever again!!
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    I couldn't get into MGS4. A bit like 3. 1 and 2 were amazing but 3 just bored me; I even tried to get into it again when the HD collection came out but couldn't. I have been tempted to give 4 a go again especially since it has been given trophies but I just don't have the time. I didn't like the idea of the camouflage and I never could understand the mini map but this was about five years ago now so I may go back and try it again.

The map takes a bit of getting use to tbh when i first played i never used it i just relied on good stealth and crawling Reallllllly slow :D

I liked the Camouflage system but i would liked to of had more variety in sneaking suits like MGS 3 did.

Old Snake was good but the more i keep playing it now i just wish they didnt have snake Age so old, i know it was because of how he was created but still.
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    I liked the Camouflage system but i would liked to of had more variety in sneaking suits like MGS 3 did.
    Not sure how much more variety you needed. Every single surface texture in the game could become camouflage and there were also 12 separate special camos available to download from the Extras menu.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love MGS. MGS 3 is my favourite. I haven't played MGS4 in a while but I still think it's great but there's just not enough gameplay in it and the bosses aren't very challenging. Even Ocelot is easy to beat on the harder levels if you know CQC well. MGS2 my opinion has changed from not liking it back in the PS2 days to really enjoying it. MGS1 will always have a special place in my heart I played it endlessly on PS1.

I would've loved my exploration at Shadow Moses in act 4. Where you meet Meryl, fight Mantis, fight Wolf for the first time etc. So many areas they could've put little 'easter eggs' to collect in.
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    I love MGS. MGS 3 is my favourite. I haven't played MGS4 in a while but I still think it's great but there's just not enough gameplay in it and the bosses aren't very challenging. Even Ocelot is easy to beat on the harder levels if you know CQC well. MGS2 my opinion has changed from not liking it back in the PS2 days to really enjoying it. MGS1 will always have a special place in my heart I played it endlessly on PS1.

I would've loved my exploration at Shadow Moses in act 4. Where you meet Meryl, fight Mantis, fight Wolf for the first time etc. So many areas they could've put little 'easter eggs' to collect in.

Yeah i think the more you play MGS 4 the more you realise you dont actually have that much gameplay :p

Agree with you on Shadow moses also if you look at it in MGS 4 they actually moved some things about like the gate near the heliport that wasnt there in MGS 1 unless someone came along after snake left and built one :p also the Vent is further down then the original.

Im being very picky lol but maybe they had to do small changes for it to fit HD.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Metal Gear Solid 4 was awesome. The story blew me away and it has quite possibly some of the most cinematic scenes in videogame history (I'm thinking of the ending in particular).

However, gameplay wise I would say it was the weakest of the series. I really didn't like the weapon buying system, nor the infinitely respawning soldiers. Also the level design I feel was a little too 'on rails' whilst trying to seem a little open world.

But still. Awesome game. Awesome series. Might have to pick up Metal Gear Rising at some point also.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I played it through twice - second time going for no alerts or kills, which I found remarkably easy for someone like me who is bad at stealth games.

No desire to play through it a third time. One for the MGS fans only, really. What little gameplay it has is very good indeed, but not enough to encourage multiple playthroughs of over 20 hours of cutscenes.
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ags_rule wrote: »
    I played it through twice - second time going for no alerts or kills, which I found remarkably easy for someone like me who is bad at stealth games.

No desire to play through it a third time. One for the MGS fans only, really. What little gameplay it has is very good indeed, but not enough to encourage multiple playthroughs of over 20 hours of cutscenes.
    There are only 8 hours of cutscenes in the game.
  • dixiewhiskeydixiewhiskey Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Gecko, Gecko, we've got Gecko!"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    Yeah i think the more you play MGS 4 the more you realise you dont actually have that much gameplay :p

Agree with you on Shadow moses also if you look at it in MGS 4 they actually moved some things about like the gate near the heliport that wasnt there in MGS 1 unless someone came along after snake left and built one :p also the Vent is further down then the original.

Im being very picky lol but maybe they had to do small changes for it to fit HD.

I noticed those things too :p

Also I agree with the more you play the less gameplay there is. As I said there isn't enough gameplay but you don't really notice until after the first play through and you start skipping all the cut scenes.