✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Was talking about the console Samantha.

okay so just keep the xbox one?
  • 100 monkeys100 monkeys Posts: 2,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    (*Yes, the C64 is 2nd/3rd gen machine)

No it's not. The term "generation" you are trying to apply applies to consoles. The C64 was not a console, it was a home computer. With home computers we tend to refer to the components in generations, not the computer itself.

OP - Both PS4 and Xbone are great machines. You can't really go wrong with either. I was always a PS fan, but have to admit I now lean more towards the Xbox. Absolutely love my Xbone.
  • 100 monkeys100 monkeys Posts: 2,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure really if i should fork out a bit more and just get the PS4? I will save around £80 by buying the xbox one but everybody on here are saying the ps4 is the better console.

Really? I read this thread and see about 90% for Xbox. We must be reading different threads!
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

yes just keep it.

Tomb Raider is out next week..
    apart from the asthetics both consoles are the same.
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Do you prefer the exclusives the PS4 offers...don't be taken in by it offering better games as that is a personal choice, if however those exclusives are your personal choice then you would be a fool not to get the PS4.

If however your not really bothered by the PS4 exclusives, then get your Xbox open and start enjoying it, and go and spend your £80 on more games and EA Access.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vast_Girth wrote: »
    The only game recently that has not worked properly is Batman, which was withdrawn from sale and everybody refunded. It was a sorry port, but thankfully that's the exception nowadays. It does happen on occasion though, as it does on consoles. Difference is we can get our money back very easily with steam refunds (including if we simply don't like a game).

You can buy fallout 4 right now for less than £25. (cheapest I have seen is £22) As its very high profile its one of the more expensive titles. Other big name titles are available for less than £15 at launch if you shop around. Even cheaper a bit later. Sales and bundles offer crazy prices! You are correct we cant sell them on, but we get them for so much less in the first place.

You can easily play PC games from the sofa or the desktop. (Lots of streaming solutions out there). I do both, depending on the game I'm playing.

Lets not resort to ridiculous claims please. I think you will find anyway that the demographic of PC users is far older than consoles, with far more children using consoles as they are simpler to use(a plus point). Everyone can play on what they like and that's fine. PC's are objectively better if you care about game variety and experience. Consoles are better if you want lower start up costs or want to play in the same room as a load of mates.

I've got a laptop I use for games, I just use it to play PC games rather than console ports.

The cost thing is one of the most ill thought out lines in all of this, it's always comparing special offer pc games with full retail price AAA console games. I don't even know if enough triple games are released over the course of a consoles lifespan that you're ever going to make the savings you advertise. I look now on amazon and there are hundreds of xbox360/ps3 games for £2 from places like zoverstocks. That's the sort of thing you get for cheap on PC so you're talking the same price (maybe even less on console) either way.

Consoles are clearly better if you want to play console games.

Most of what I consider to be PC games can run on any old shite these days. I've yet to run across anything that won't run on this £250 lenovo stop gap laptop I'm currently typing on.

So anyway, I go back to my original point, don't listen to all the people telling you to buy a gaming pc if you want a console, just buy a console. Far better choice.
  • sithlord3ksithlord3k Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ruthus wrote: »
    I've yet to run across anything that won't run on this £250 lenovo stop gap laptop I'm currently typing on..

Crysis ? :p
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sithlord3k wrote: »
    Crysis ? :p

Arkham Knight????
  • normalmishanormalmisha Posts: 1,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sick of the PC Master Race (Bate?) trying to get people on their bandwagon 'cause it's so lonely.
  • sjsharp2010sjsharp2010 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    snafu65 wrote: »
    I presume you mean GTAV, if so the cheapest way would be on last gen, so PS3 or Xbox360, but I'd advise going current gen if you want to be future proofed and buy PS4 or Xbox One. There isn't much difference between them price wise, PS4 has just had a price cut though, but if you want a single recommendation I'd go for PS4.

It's the best selling console at the moment by a mile, so big support is guaranteed for the next few years. It's also slightly more powerful than XB1 and tends to have the best version of third party games because of this, exclusives will be strong on both consoles though.

Ultimately though you should look at the game line ups of both consoles, see which one has the most kind of games you like the look of and go for that one. Both have their good and bad points but neither will become obsolete in the near future, so don't worry about that, and you'll have plenty of fun whichever one you plump for.

Yeah this is the main reason why I switched going into the new gen from PS to X box this time around as I liked what the X box was doing more than what the PS4 was
  • Kai ThompsonKai Thompson Posts: 3,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sick of the PC Master Race (Bate?) trying to get people on their bandwagon 'cause it's so lonely.

They are annoying with their insistence that PC is better. I started out on PC and to be perfectly honest I don't even notice the difference!
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are annoying with their insistence that PC is better. I started out on PC and to be perfectly honest I don't even notice the difference!

If every game was available on PC, i would switch in a second. Over half of the games i owned from the last gen weren't even available on the PC though. For me, there are some major advantages with gaming on the PC, the most notable is graphics and frames per second.

The problem with PC gaming is the price, if you want a gaming PC to run the newest games at their absolute best, it's going to cost you a lot of money to do it. Then you will need to keep upgrading it which cost's more money. It's just so much easier getting a console.
  • sithlord3ksithlord3k Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    If every game was available on PC, i would switch in a second. Over half of the games i owned from the last gen weren't even available on the PC though. For me, there are some major advantages with gaming on the PC, the most notable is graphics and frames per second.

The problem with PC gaming is the price, if you want a gaming PC to run the newest games at their absolute best, it's going to cost you a lot of money to do it. Then you will need to keep upgrading it which cost's more money. It's just so much easier getting a console.

I thought so too. Then two major games in the last two months, with major issues, first being Batman, and now Black Ops 3 apparently (and God only knows what state AC:Syndicate will be in). In some ways, I'm glad that my ps4 is my main gaming device.
  • randomocityrandomocity Posts: 2,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You could consider buying and completing Tomb Raider, then swapping for a PS4 on Black Friday.
  • Kai ThompsonKai Thompson Posts: 3,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PS4: Dreams, Uncharted 4, Ratchet and Clank, Too many indie games to list off here, Matterfall, that Heavy Rain/Beyond Two Souls spiritual sequel I don't know the name of, No Mans Sky, All the Playstation VR stuff, more Gran Tursimo, more Driveclub, Drawn to Death, supposedly a new God of War will be announced in December too

Xbox: Tomb Raider next week, Crackdown, A handful of indies, Forza, Gears of War, Fable too I think and...I dunno I think that's kinda it for Xbox

It's worth noting that Tomb Raider is a timed exclusive so by the time PS4 users get it all the potential bugs and problems will be ironed out (hopefully).