Forum Member
✭✭✭
just became available

Comments

• Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice one. I know your connection was a barrier to your gaming experience. Genuinely pleased for you.

:)
  • Options
    ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just became available

from whom, how much and what speed ?. (if u don't mind :D)
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Nice one 👍
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ace, dont know what i'd do without my 80 mb FTTC :).
  • Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    In your diet?
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    from whom, how much and what speed ?. (if u don't mind :D)

free black sky router hub
    free connection
    46meg (38 guranteed)

£20 per month, half price 6 months

well happy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice one. I know your connection was a barrier to your gaming experience. Genuinely pleased for you.

:)

thank you m8,

i was thinking of just giving up as it took 2 days to install minecraft on xb1
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I just moved house a few weeks ago and got fibre. It's amazing. It makes such a difference to gaming.
  • Options
    ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    free connection
    46meg (38 guranteed)

well happy

nice one mate. same as ours then but yours is faster :(:D We get 44meg here. We asked about upgrading to Fibre unlimited but were told our line couldn't handle it. Looking into getting VM 152meg around Xmas time. I feel the need, the need for speed lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nice one mate. same as ours then but yours is faster :(:D We get 44meg here. We asked about upgrading to Fibre unlimited but were told our line couldn't handle it. Looking into getting VM 152meg around Xmas time. I feel the need, the need for speed lol

router should be here in a couple of days, how will i know its activated?
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thank you m8,

i was thinking of just giving up as it took 2 days to install minecraft on xb1

Great news!!!! :cool: .... Were gonna have to give MarioKart a try online sometime! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    Great news!!!! :cool: .... Were gonna have to give MarioKart a try online sometime! :D

yeah sounds good, also destiny but wont be till xmas

send me a xbox request over now and i will add u

Gmeboyhorror
  • Options
    LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get 5 Mbps and I find it works perfectly for gaming/streaming etc. I'm always surprised how speed that you get can sometimes have nothing to do with the quality of the connection. I was told by an OpenReach engineer that fibre isn't as good as they make out since it still goes by how close you are to the box that gets the fibre. After that it depends on how close you are to what speeds you get.
    If you are able to get fibre then you should be getting a reasonable speed of broadband without fibre. I think that the biggest thing with getting a good internet connection is making sure your don't have the same provider as your neighbours.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I get 5 Mbps and I find it works perfectly for gaming/streaming etc. I'm always surprised how speed that you get can sometimes have nothing to do with the quality of the connection. I was told by an OpenReach engineer that fibre isn't as good as they make out since it still goes by how close you are to the box that gets the fibre. After that it depends on how close you are to what speeds you get.
    If you are able to get fibre then you should be getting a reasonable speed of broadband without fibre. I think that the biggest thing with getting a good internet connection is making sure your don't have the same provider as your neighbours.

Oh it does make a big difference. From downloading to actual playing.

5mb is fine but I was lucky to get 1 in my old place. It usually took overnight and then some to download a game, and I couldn't play multiplayer games between 6 in the evenin until 11. Too laggy.

Fibre wouldn't be as good if you lived well away from the box, as it just uses regular cable from there.

I'm not sure different providers make a huge difference as you're all still using the same cables regardless of which company you give your money to.
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I live close to our cabinet & get 74 down & 20 up with Sky. Couldn't go back to normal broadband. All that extra bandwidth makes a huge difference. Before if I was playing and my wife was watching something online, I'd lag like mad & it would basically be unusable for us both
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    I live close to our cabinet & get 74 down & 20 up with Sky. Couldn't go back to normal broadband. All that extra bandwidth makes a huge difference. Before if I was playing and my wife was watching something online, I'd lag like mad & it would basically be unusable for us both

I've got 20+ devices connected to my linksys router so I need a decent speed! (152mb) ... we all live in modern households these days & every mb counts... especially if you've got numerous folk gaming OR streaming HD (1080p) netflix, amazon, hulu etc etc! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if anybody fancies a go on Destiny, my sons tag is

xv R4GEZz vx..

hes gone out so i get to have a go

XB1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah sounds good, also destiny but wont be till xmas

send me a xbox request over now and i will add u

Gmeboyhorror

I've added ya! :cool:

I've still gotta finish wolfenstein so I won't be playing destiny anytime soon! :(

(I really must give netflix a rest & concentrate on my gaming!) :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    I've added ya! :cool:

I've still gotta finish wolfenstein so I won't be playing destiny anytime soon! :(

(I really must give netflix a rest & concentrate on my gaming!) :blush:

thats a 360 account at the moment but will be XB1 xmas day;-)
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Fibre has just landed here, i want fttp which is available but the cost is way too much.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    free connection
    46meg (38 guranteed)

well happy

At last! :)

Great news :)

ADSL speeds depend on the distance from your home to your BT exchange.

FTTC speeds depend on the distance from your home to your street cabinet.

It makes a huge difference...

I could only get around 6 or 7Mbps with ADSL, with a pathetic upload speed, but with FTTC I get 70Mbps down and 20Mbps up...

Downloads, gaming, streaming video services, etc. etc. all greatly benefit. It means my wife and I can both be downloading stuff and streaming HD video at the same time, whereas in the old days if one of us was downloading or was watching Netflix or something it screwed it up for the other one of us.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't wait, xb1 has been hard work because of it, and then kills everything else......

Happy days anyway
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getting mine activated on Monday, going from 6mb to between 32-39mb, can't wait :D
  • Options
    SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I rang up Sky telling them I didn't want Boradband anymore as BT were offering their Fibre Optic for what would have been a few pound more than I was paying (£9 more a month). Sky said they would give me their own super fast fibre optic unlimited for the same price as I was paying for my old Broadband as long as I took a years contract.

I pay £15.40 line rental and £10 for my super fast BB a month. Speeds are 36 down and 9.5 up most important for gaming the ping is very good. And like others have said I would I hate to have to go back to less. So if you are on regular unlimited Sky BB you could try what I did. They were only too keen to bend over backwards to keep me.
  • Options
    LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We would be lucky to get fibre where we are. Although I play fine of an evening with hubby on facebook, daughter on ps3 or ipad and boys watching now tv with me playing xbox. I don't need more than that really. I'm certainly not going to pay an extra tenner for the prestige of having a double figure bb speed. It's not how big it is it's what u do with it that counts