Pobol Y Cwm

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    wavlovr wrote: »
    Does anyone know who stole the furniture out of Mark and Debi`s home?

I have no idea. I thought maybe bailiffs but I don't know if they'd take absolutely everything.

Alun made me livid tonight. I can't believe he threw poor Dani out when she's obviously devastated. :cry:
    Forum Member
    Well the (apparent) end of the Iolo/Alun story was a huge anti-climax! That can't be it surely?!?
  • BasilbirdBasilbird Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    I wonder if Iolo finds out about what Alun did to Dani and throws him out. I'm so sad about Brandon and Dani. You just know he's going to find out about Garry sleeping with her sometime.

I really liked the way Huw behaved when he found out about Lois. Sure, he was in shock, but he kept her secret and he did that for her - not because Gaynor asked/told him to. There is quite a bit of their mother in the White boys (even Macs).

I still think Yvonne will be involved in clearing (and finding) Garry. And I bet her part in the whole investigation will remain secret for awhile yet.

So glad to see baby Gwern back (the real one - not the substitute!). I can only imagine the baby was ill or something.
    Forum Member
    Basilbird wrote: »
    I wonder if Iolo finds out about what Alun did to Dani and throws him out.

Alun's already gone, he left in Thursday night's episode. Iolo found out about Dani and Brandon splitting up and that he wasn't there to support her and that acted as the catalyst for him to tell Alun that playing happy families in the house wasn't the relationship he'd signed up for (I'm paraphrasing here LOL)

I'm looking forward to the Garry storyline coming to a head. I have no idea what's going to happen though but I agree that Yvonne will be involved somehow.
    Forum Member
    Ahhhhh... so he did! I was a couple of episodes behind. I liked the way the relationship ended. Alun wasn't a "bad guy". He was just needy and not used to being on his own.

Why can't Sion trust his sons?!?! Huw said he wasn't the father and Sion didn't believe him. Huw, Iolo and even Macs are basically good guys but Sion just can't see that. Britt can - thank goodness.

So herbal tea is marked with a logo like a three leafed marijuana plant (SINCE WHEN?!?!?!). I'm more sure than ever that Gethin is doing something dodgy.

Debs in Siop Sioned should be fun.

Not sure I like Probert as a councilor. And when did his first name change? I'm positive he was ADRIAN Probert before - not James
  • wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With the mention of Rickys letters from his brother Liam in Alghanistan being stolen, I`m thinking that there could be bad news coming to the Jones family soon. I really hope that I`m wrong.
    Debbie as a character has come on in leaps and bounds since she was first introduced. I really disliked her at first - I thought she was a very selfish woman. But she`s really grown on me now, and now I really like her - especially when she gets one over on Sioned Rees.
    Huw White has really impressed me this week with his acting. I`m glad he has proved me wrong. I`m really looking forward to his reaction when he finds out his best friend Rhys is the Father of Lois`s baby. Should be fireworks all around between the Whites, Evans and the Llewelyn families when the truth comes out.
    Gaynor is becoming really nasty lately. Becoming a Granny is bringing out the very worst in her and I don`t like it. She is being so unfair to Ffion lately.
    Please let Anti Marion take off those blinkers and see Sioned for the cunning hateful witch that she is. I`m glad Anti Marion regretted her actions in telling Sioned to sue Eileen.
    I`m glad to see the back of Alun - he was so wrong for Iolo.
    I hope Garry Monk is found safe and well before his trial starts. I`m so worried about Yvonne having to testify. I hope the courts will respect her privacy and have her testify in disguise with her voice altered.Personally, I think it should be her boss Clive that testifies.
    I always look forward to Mondays episode...it seems like I`m revisiting old friends.
    Forum Member
    Gaynor is becoming really nasty lately. Becoming a Granny is bringing out the very worst in her and I don`t like it. She is being so unfair to Ffion lately.

Gaynor is so concerned about what people will think about the headmistress's daughter having a baby. It's all about the outside appearances to her and her priorites are all backwards! She's putting her career image above her daughter.

The actress who plays Ffion played a blinder tonight (Tuesday), I thought. She was such a convincing drunk, right down to her eyes!

I'm intrigued by the man who was asking all the questions about Yvonne on Monday. I've got a theory that Garry's kidnapping was all staged by Garry himself in an effort to crack Yvonne - to make her feel so guilty about what she's doing that she'll either refuse to testify or try to help him. Also, Garry is the only one who knows about Yvonne's part in the investigation. How would anybody else know to follow her unless he'd told them? This is just my outrageous theory though so it probably doesn't hold much water!
  • Gwen_PYCGwen_PYC Posts: 2,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WelshHoll, you might be right about Garry staging his own kidnapping. It was done in broad daylight which is suspicious.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WelshHoll and Gwen_PYC
    There are no spoilers for next week anywhere, so something big is happening. I`m guessing it has something to do with Yvonne. Maybe she gets killed by the people who is pretending to be Clive on the phone.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want Yvonne to die! But the lack of spoilers does suggest something major will happen. Maybe the truth about Yvonne is revealed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gwen_PYC
    I hope Garry Monk isn`t killed. It`s plausabe that he could have staged his own kidnapping, but I doubt if he would go that far - he loves Gwern too much to ever want to be away from him. I`m wondering if it`s something to do with those lot in Newcastle.
    But that strange phone call Yvonne received is puzzling. I can`t wait to find out what it is.
    Forum Member
    I looked at my Sky guide to see if they had an episode synopsis for Monday, which they did. I snuck a peek at Tuesday too. I won't give anything away but suffice it to say it will be quite an exciting week I think :D

I also hope Yvonne doesn't get killed, it'd be a shame for her not to be there when everyone (Gwyneth mainly) finds out about her secret life.
    Forum Member
    I can't wait for next week!
    I think it's quite possible that Garry planned his own kidnapping ad is setting Yvonne up. I'm also quite sure there is a major Monk family breakdown coming soon. It's obvious Dani is acting the way she is because of her guilt over sleeping with Garry. Just wait until Brandon finds out about that AND the 20,000 he had to pay because Garry "skipped' bond. Poor Britt... who will she choose?

I'm also really loving Lois and Huw. The music montage at the end of Wednesday's show was great. I just know he's going to stand by her, even after the truth about Rhys comes out.

Not so fond of Anita and Colin but I blame Anita!!! I know some folks in this thread don't like Colin but you've got to admit - he's great with his girls. I loved his scenes with Lois and Gaynor when Lois wanted to keep the baby and Gaynor wanted rid. Colin is a good dad.

Anyway.... should be seeing Friday's eps sometime tomorrow
    Forum Member
    Basilbird wrote: »
    Not so fond of Anita and Colin but I blame Anita!!! I know some folks in this thread don't like Colin but you've got to admit - he's great with his girls. I loved his scenes with Lois and Gaynor when Lois wanted to keep the baby and Gaynor wanted rid. Colin is a good dad.

I have absolutely no patience for Colin whatsoever. It's not the character, it's the terrible hammy actor. Why they've decided to involve him in two such serious storylines (Lois's baby and Anita's infidelity) is beyond me. I'm sure he'll come meddling in Yvonne's story before long too :mad:

I can't wait for the Garry/Dani secret to come out. Poor Britt will be so torn.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope PYC won`t go down the 'Whose the Daddy" storyline if Dani falls pregnant.
    Brandon and Dani are one of my fave couples in PYC, and I still laugh at when Dani was packing Brandi`s suitcase for the dog hostel, and there were all kinds of doggy outfits in there LOL.
    PYC just gets better and better.
    Forum Member
    I still laugh at when Dani was packing Brandi`s suitcase for the dog hostel, and there were all kinds of doggy outfits in there LOL.

And she said she'd phone to talk to Brandi every day! :D

I don't know where they're planning on taking the Dani/Garry thing but I hope it comes out sooner rather than later. I've read that this week Garry
    hands himself in to the police
    . This will put a lot of pressure on Yvonne, she's already at breaking point.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ffion is sinking further and further into the bottle. I`m starting to feel quite sorry for her - something I never thought I`d do.
    I`m starting to feel sorry for Debi too. I hope she gets her job back when she goes on Cwm FM to declare her innocence and hopefulyl put Sioned in a bad light too. That madam needs to be put in her place. That shop is making her worse than ever. I hope that Kevin doesn`t lose his business because of her. It ticks me off that Anti Marion is supporting everything that Sioned is doing regarding the shop.
    Strangely enough I`m quite shocked at Sioned that she wasn`t as hateful as Macs was in mocking Scott in the gay kiss with Iolo last year. Macs was real nasty about it. Kudos to Scott for not letting Macs intimidate him.
    I know I wasn`t supposed to laugh, but I roared with laughter when Huw punched Rhys and his chips went flying everywhere!! I also cheered out loud too.
    :D
    Forum Member
    I know I wasn`t supposed to laugh, but I roared with laughter when Huw punched Rhys and his chips went flying everywhere!! I also cheered out loud too.

Snap! My favourite TV moment of the week! :DThe flying chips made it for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked how everyone just stared and no one tried to help up Rhys. While Huw is being noble standing by Lois, I don't like how she is keeping quiet. She should tell the truth about the paternity of her baby. The baby is Rhys' responsibility, not Huw's.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gwen_PYC wrote: »
    I liked how everyone just stared and no one tried to help up Rhys. While Huw is being noble standing by Lois, I don't like how she is keeping quiet. She should tell the truth about the paternity of her baby. The baby is Rhys' responsibility, not Huw's.

Same here. I`m surprised that Rhys hasn`t even sussed about Lois being pregnant. Surely he would`ve put 2 and 2 together when Lois was away from school so often.
    I can`t wait to see the scene between Rhys, Lois, Gaynor, Hwel, Britt, Sion and Huw. If the standard of writing up to now has been any indication - it`s going to be brilliant.
    :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WelshHoll wrote: »
    Snap! My favourite TV moment of the week! :D The flying chips made it for me.

I wish I knew how to take that particular scene and put it on a continuous loop on YouTube!!
    Forum Member
    Gwen_PYC wrote: »
    She should tell the truth about the paternity of her baby. The baby is Rhys' responsibility, not Huw's.

I agree. When people find out, they will automatically think that Huw's the father since he and Lois were together and that isn't fair. She needs to be an adult and own up. I think Gaynor will pressure Lois into giving the baby up for adoption and Hywel will want to keep it (I think he's still a bit damaged from losing Lleucu and Gaynor not wanting his baby). If anyone lets this secret slip before time, it'll be Colin. He's got too much going on and he was hardly discreet with the Anita situation.

Garry didn't seem at all bothered tonight that his fake kidnapping caused the breakup of Dani and Brandon but good on Brandon for at least trying to stand up for himself.
    Forum Member
    Same here. I`m surprised that Rhys hasn`t even sussed about Lois being pregnant. Surely he would`ve put 2 and 2 together when Lois was away from school so often.

As far as he's concerned, Lois has glandular fever. Teenage boys are not exactly renowned for their observational skills :p He probably just thinks the punch in the chops was because Huw found out that he'd slept with Lois. He doesn't even seem bothered about Lois one way or the other.
  • polarbear50polarbear50 Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    I really wanted the baby to be Huw's, but I knew all along it would probably have to be Rhys's :(

Haha, the punch was so funny. Rhys was just moaning about how boring Cwmderi is, then when Huw comes round the corner, he talks about clubbing, and then he punched him!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really wanted the baby to be Huw's, but I knew all along it would probably have to be Rhys's :(

Haha, the punch was so funny. Rhys was just moaning about how boring Cwmderi is, then when Huw comes round the corner, he talks about clubbing, and then he punched him!

Rhys did get clubbed alright LOL. Good and proper
This discussion has been closed.